ElAshtonio

Spray painting a two tone airsoft gun

2 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

‘Defence’ is not you defending from prosecution, eg in court.

If a player buys a RIF then that player does so under the skirmisher defence.

But it is the retailer who would be liable under legislation if the player does not have the defence 

That means a retailer might need to go to court one day and defend themselves from prosecution, establishing that their ‘Legal defence’ is that they reasonably ensured that the buyer had a VCRA ‘defence’ implying that they intended to use the RIF for skirmishing.

In modifying then you are the individual who could be liable for prosecution and could need to prove your legal defence of your skirmisher defence 

Whom would question my RIF if I were to have my IF changed, site manager? I have a mate who has a RIF that he was gifted, could I say mine was gifted? But then I wouldn’t do that, even so I doubt I’d be questioned

7 minutes ago, Callsign_Tempest said:

Whom would question my RIF if I were to have my IF changed, site manager? I have a mate who has a RIF that he was gifted, could I say mine was gifted? But then I wouldn’t do that, even so I doubt I’d be questioned

I’m not going to say that it’s OK for you to end up in possession of a RIF

If someone gifts you a RIF then that’s between them and you

If it is legal under the VCRA for you to paint an IF into a RIF then it’s fine for you to do so

If it’s a crime but you don’t get caught then you have got away with it.

An entirely legal way would be for your father to go playing with you, earn his own UKARA membership, and then buy you a RIF as a present 

2 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

I’m not going to say that it’s OK for you to end up in possession of a RIF

If someone gifts you a RIF then that’s between them and you

If it is legal under the VCRA for you to paint an IF into a RIF then it’s fine for you to do so

If it’s a crime but you don’t get caught then you have got away with it.

Alrighty, well I’ll do some homework and get my head around this tomorrow, thank you tho appreciate the time, don’t be surprised if you see me pop up elsewhere 😂 

9 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Airsoft skirmishing was added by ‘statutory instrument’, the UKARA scheme was brought in to establish and document a players status as a skirmisher.  But you are underage and cannot obtain that defence yourself.

There is no age limit on Section 37 defences.  Purchasers must be 18+, and the UKARA scheme is open to people 18+, but UKARA is only one way of demonstrating the defence.

This matters because (IMO) the primary risk to airsofters isn't VCRA S36, it's the Firearms Act 1968 S19 possession in public offence - VCRA isn't generally going to be an issue unless your IF/RIF comes to the attention of the State, and that's only likely to happen in public, at which point you're looking at an S19.

S19 requires a "reasonable excuse  (the proof whereof lies on [us])" - i.e. that you're on your way to or from an airsoft skirmish, the same as you'd argue as a S37 defence.

And again, there's no minimum age limit to that reasonable excuse.  If there were, OP would already be a bare gangsta just for travelling to or from site.