New and looking for midweek venues in/around London?

maxy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone

I'm new and looking to get involved in airsoft, problem is I'm London based these days and with two jobs weekend games aren't always easy. So I'm looking for a venue in or easy to travel to from London that offer evening sessions midweek? Are there any? I've found some in Bristol but needless to say it's a tad too far! If not I'll have to try squeeze a weekend here and there but it'll be on a much less frequent basis!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Max

• Head Moderator

Welcome :)

If you can travel out of London, and not as far as Bristol, then try:

The Mall in Reading has Thursday night games. Excellent indoor CQB site. Recommend booking a place well ahead of time, walk in spots on the day go very quickly. http://www.zedadventures.co.uk/locations/zedadventureszedevents-co-uk/

UCAP Bunker in Portsmouth has Wednesday night games. Underground CQB site. No booking required, just turn up. http://ucap.co.uk/ucap-airsoft-venues/ucap-bunker-venue/

• Supporters

Red 1 are trialling CQB games on an old ferry moored at Woolwich. Looks like games will be limited to about 30 players but could be interesting.

OMG where is this :o

Any details??

• Head Moderator

I like the look of the ship, a different type of envirnment to play CQB on/in. Be interesting to see how it develops as a site, and worth its own thread.

I did ask if they had informed the river police at Wapping as although this part of the river is quiet (largely free of trip boats), I can't imagine the sight of "armed" individuals running round the decks going down too well.

From the video, it looks like they might have screened the ship all round, which takes a lot of the play value out of the site,

There was a similar site in California, although it was a larger freighter type ship. However, the ability to run around the open decks and storm the gangways gave it a greater potential.

• Supporters

Ahh the old Royal Iris

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Royal_Iris

I thought that thing was way too dangerous for people to be venturing on as its practically falling apart, though i would still play.

At one point they had an old nuclear submarine moored up there year ago, no that would have been a tough battle.

• Head Moderator

From the video, it looks like they might have screened the ship all round, which takes a lot of the play value out of the site,

There was a similar site in California, although it was a larger freighter type ship. However, the ability to run around the open decks and storm the gangways gave it a greater potential.

I thought the screening was to stop BBs from flying overboard and hitting passing gulls, tourists, and mudlarks :)

Now with the right scaffolding you could rig up a mock helicopter to fast rope onto the deck for the milsim fans. You could hold some great small team MCT scenarios.

• Supporters

I thought the screening was to stop BBs from flying overboard and hitting passing gulls, tourists, and mudlarks :)

Now with the right scaffolding you could rig up a mock helicopter to fast rope onto the deck for the milsim fans. You could hold some great small team MCT scenarios.

Civilians fast roping in full kit... best to have an ambulance on standby at all times because 50% of them are going to break an ankle or worse.

• Supporters

At one point they had an old nuclear submarine moored up there year ago, no that would have been a tough battle.

It'd be really boring, there's one corridor that goes down the middle and everything leads off it.

I'm going to try out wasteland airsoft in west Drayton (near Heathrow) this weekend , they do Sundays and Thursday evenings. They are doing a 24 hour Milsim shortly, bit too hard core for me though!

Blizz CQB runs mid week, Wednesday I believe. I don't recommend the site but its got a mid week session. Find the original organizer rather than going via airborne airsoft as airbourne has just one of the slots on a Saturday and actually its got multiple play sessions in a week.

That ferry is really close, not sure how to go about signing up for a game, hidden in bleeding facebook with groups again.

Blizz CQB runs mid week, Wednesday I believe. I don't recommend the site but its got a mid week session. Find the original organizer rather than going via airborne airsoft as airbourne has just one of the slots on a Saturday and actually its got multiple play sessions in a week.

That ferry is really close, not sure how to go about signing up for a game, hidden in bleeding facebook with groups again.

Walking distance for me...

Archived