Conversation overheard today at Holmbush Airsoft; Crawley

Dentonboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ah, Jules, that guy. Here's an airsoft social paradox for you (since I can't see how this is relevant discussion :D), person has HPA gun, gun fires at the same effective (avg +/-2%) FPS with 0.2g, 0.25g and 0.30g, the site chrono's the gun with .30g and declares it 'hot', but the owner insists he only users 0.2g, wherein the gun would not be over the site limit (if it was an AEG). IS that gun 'hot' or not? The current school of thought in certain other countries is to chrono HPA at above .30g.

And yes, I did misspell 'joule' (now corrected)!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Chrono should always be done with the ammo being used. If someone wants to cheap out and see themselves off for accuracy by using .20 let them. No one should then put heavier ammo in their gun and call it hot!

• Root Admin

Yeh, I think that's the problem i366 is going after though: What's to stop someone saying 'hey, I'm using .2s for the day' then switching up and letting the Joule creep kick in. Perhaps that's why they like the idea of cronoing HPA and stuff on nothing less than a .3g or whatever.

Has the possibility of a universal BB to colour index ever been discussed (I'm new). If it existred it would make it harder for people to claim different ammo weight? Just my initial thought.

• Root Admin

Yeh but people like specific colours; I'll only shoot white because I'm racist can see them better against a dark background. Having colours might given inherent advantage or disadvantage to one or another. Plus there's the fact that I imagine the dye costs something so we'd see a small increase on price.

It's a tricky one.

Archived