New Purchase help

bobster46
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Im shopping for a new rifle, so far i have narrowed it down as ill mainly be CQB at gloucester.

Choices are : Lonex M4 with AFG and suppressor inc - £ 200 for gun at swindon or do i splash out on the PTS magpul RM4 CQB from red wolf at 369. have only fired the RM4 and it was amazing, the recoil and forward assist as v impressive, good mags aswell.

No experience on the lone firing but the RM4 was spot on.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated

thankspost-12376-0-01298800-1460888237_thumb.jpgpost-12376-0-85140300-1460888250_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, i know its great after firing yesterday, really after a comparison if anyone has shiot the lone m4 cqb. Im wondering if they shoot exactly the same and I'm just paying extra for the recoil and forward assist function or the extra price tag gets me a far better rifle with internals?

• Supporters

Anyone got a Lonex m4 cqb review ? Pictured above

I think you'd have heard by now if they had but... https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Lonex+m4+cqb+review&oq=Lonex+m4+cqb+review&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Supporters

Thanks, I've already googled it but no review seems to match the one pictured above. Wondering if it isn't an a1 condition second hand one?

Any thoughts ?

Are you searching for Lonex or BO Dynamics? Cos that there is a BO Shield 595 with a suppressor added unless I'm mistaken (they have Lonex internals).

http://www.bomanufacture.com/en/store/marque-8-BO-DYNAMICS/sscategorie2-1-PROLINE

• Supporters

Great shout, thanks. Any personal experience as to wether or not it's and good in comparison to the rm4

None at all, but as ever - Google is your friend.

Anecdotally the BO Dynamics with Lonex internals get generally good reviews. Lonex make decent parts and the rest is basically set dressing. Don't confuse them with BO Manufacture though - same company but the guns are about 3 times the price!

Thanks, I've spent days watching reviews and reading stuff. It would appear that for the money it is a good gun, solid internals that appear not to need upgrading. I really stuck between this and the rm4 cqb which was amazing and the selling point to me being that it won't dry fire so if you forget to count as I use real cap mags then the gun stops when it's empty and there is no bob wastage on mag removal.

However for this and strong blowback and active forward assist albeit not as good as the gbb versions it's still over £100 cheaper at 230 as opposed to the rm4 at 369.

I hate making decisions ! :(

Help !

• Supporters

Thanks, I've spent days watching reviews and reading stuff. It would appear that for the money it is a good gun, solid internals that appear not to need upgrading. I really stuck between this and the rm4 cqb which was amazing and the selling point to me being that it won't dry fire so if you forget to count as I use real cap mags then the gun stops when it's empty and there is no bob wastage on mag removal.

However for this and strong blowback and active forward assist albeit not as good as the gbb versions it's still over £100 cheaper at 230 as opposed to the rm4 at 369.

I hate making decisions ! :(

Help !

I had this when I first started, I think it's a fear of missing out. Set a budget you can justify and stick to it. When it comes down to game day the things like a working forward assist won't count for toffee once you realise how much fun you're having.

If you find that you've well and truly caught the bug this WILL NOT be your only gun (you'll get used to hearing things like "Another one?" and "how many guns can you actually USE at once?").

• Supporters

I can afford the rm4 but just don't know wether it's worth the extra all round. That's why I was hoping someone had shot both for a comparison

Thing is, the BO stuff isn't very commonplace (doesn't mean it's no good, just they're not very well promoted here). The chances of finding someone that has actually used any two specific models of gun is slim to nothing. Your best bet is to aggregate the reviews and opinions (and remember they are just that - someone else's opinion) and make a judgement based on what you need/would like to have/how much you want to spend. There's no wrong answer here though as both guns are decent. Ultimately you're splitting hairs over two M4 replicas though. If you can justify the cost just buy whichever one you like the look of.

• Supporters

Relevant tale time - I wanted a SCAR-L. I read ABSOLUTELY everything I could find about all the different versions (VFC, G&G, TM Recoil) and I agonised over whether or not the extra cost of the TM was worth the recoil/bolt stop etc or if the VFC really was the most accurate externally. Then I got bought the G&G as a present and I bloody love it. Would I have loved the others more? Maybe - who knows? I know I don't give a crap any more because I have a gun I love that works and shoots straight and when it all boils down to it, that is pretty much all I care about.

Stop worrying, pick one and play. Life's too short.

Haha right, will try and get hands on the 595 at Swindon tomorrow, do they have a range upstairs ? If I can't fire it then I'll have to head back to redwolf. Who have been very helpful so far and splash out on the RM4 cqb and a three pack of mags :)

Thanks guys

• Supporters

Haha right, will try and get hands on the 595 at Swindon tomorrow, do they have a range upstairs ? If I can't fire it then I'll have to head back to redwolf. Who have been very helpful so far and splash out on the RM4 cqb and a three pack of mags :)

Thanks guys

Not upstairs as such but I think they have a range to try out guns.

Relevant tale time - I wanted a SCAR-L. I read ABSOLUTELY everything I could find about all the different versions (VFC, G&G, TM Recoil) and I agonised over whether or not the extra cost of the TM was worth the recoil/bolt stop etc or if the VFC really was the most accurate externally. Then I got bought the G&G as a present and I bloody love it. Would I have loved the others more? Maybe - who knows? I know I don't give a crap any more because I have a gun I love that works and shoots straight and when it all boils down to it, that is pretty much all I care about.

Stop worrying, pick one and play. Life's too short.

Oh man, so I'm not the only one. I just love folding stocks...

• Supporters

Oh man, so I'm not the only one. I just love folding stocks...

Scar FTW.

Archived