Some advice needed

MrMcG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys

Apologies for asking this but I'm so far out of touch with AEG's it's unreal I normally stick with TM based weaponry

My missus wants to play which is cool and means I'll be able to buy more stuff and not get any grief hehehe

However

What the Feck do I buy....

She would prefer something not to heavy

Usage wise would be outdoor and indoor

And something easy to operate

Any guidance would be great otherwise I'll look at a devgru for her ( well me hehehe )

• Head Moderator

TM HK416C as it is slighly lighter and shorter than the Devgru. Get both and share the magazines :D

• Supporters

Asg Scorpion Evo 3.

Weight 2.4kg

Extremely comfy to hold (ambidextrous)

Electronic trigger

3rnd burst function

Empty mag detection (gun stops firing)

Low battery detection

Built out of the best polymer I have seen and will take drops better than pretty much any other aeg.

I had never really looked at one properly until the other day but now I have had one apart and really looked at it I am hugely impressed. Its become my favourite AEG and I think its definitely one of the best available and its not another M4.

Krytac CRB

easy to obtain m4 mags

small

perfect for indoor and outdoor

looks awesome

comfy

looks awesome

lots of space for attachments

great out of the box performance, and the reliability of a krytac

looks awesome

easy to operate (m4 format is not unique or hard to handle, ie some bullpups may be unusual and unfarmiliar)

only weights 2.5kg

oh and did i mention? it looks awesome

If you're referring to TM HK416D take in consideration that it has an aluminum body with a total weight of more than 3.5 kg comparing with the suggestions made by the previous gents which resides roughly somewhere around 2.5 kg. Look for specs

E&l Aks74u. None of this imperialist weapon malarky good old russian tried and tested, light and solid.

Rather than think about a gun for her, think about expanding your collection and sharing it with her. If none of your current guns suit her, consider an MP5, G36C or similar.

A pair of his and hers MP9's or MP5K's would also open up the possibility of one of you dual wielding for a laugh.

If you work well as a team, maybe it's time to get a sniper, DMR or LMG so one of you can provide cover fire for the other? In which case a G36 can be turned into a DMR or LMG with a few extra bits and pieces.

As above - get something you'll be happy with too, just in-case she stops playing or whatever, and you're lumbered with it in your collection.

It's stereotypical but G&G offer a 'ladies' option called the 'Femme Fatale'

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/ff16-m4-carbine-femme-fatale-pink-aeg-gg

Depends on your budget though...

£80-£130 - Some sort of G&G I'd say...

£130-£250 - ASG have just brought out a "devil" series that looks good value

£250+: Krytac CRB - no comparison (apart from the krytac SPR) unless you're going way over £400.

Just my opinion anyway :)

---EDIT:

Don't forget about accessories like mags, grips etc - maybe consider your own collection and think about compatibility with what you already have....

• Supporters

It's stereotypical but G&G offer a 'ladies' option called the 'Femme Fatale'

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/ff16-m4-carbine-femme-fatale-pink-aeg-gg

Depends on your budget though...

£80-£130 - Some sort of G&G I'd say...

£130-£250 - ASG have just brought out a "devil" series that looks good value

£250+: Krytac CRB - no comparison (apart from the krytac SPR) unless you're going way over £400.

Just my opinion anyway :)

---EDIT:

Don't forget about accessories like mags, grips etc - maybe consider your own collection and think about compatibility with what you already have....

Unfortunately imho G&G seems to have stopped the pink short Raider:

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=35947

this Raider is better than the 16 FF which is carbine & battery up front

(well it is on my one - ergh I got it cheap for missus I'm saying)

maybe should use the FF16 lower receiver silhouette lady than the sexy kitted up lass - depending on what girlies may prefer

(or the other "love G&G" logo I guess if you bat for other side)

They have seemed to kept the blowback models - the guns not the girls sounding like pron stars - ha blowback model get it - I'll get me coat/raincoat

but these might be old stock and maybe the black/pink Black Rose models - again not sure but might be blowback

But tbh, that is if the ladies actually want a pinky or touch of pinky gun or think sod that, I want a gun like that all the guys use

Weight though - yes a 416 metal mofo comes in at nigh on 4kg compare to polymer guns @ just over 2 to 2.5kg

so by end of the day you may feel the difference if you are a bit of a girl's blouse like moi :)

End of the day - to be fair, I would let HER decide or at least have some input in it as it could be her gun

Well - if you know what is good for you - and don't take her word for word if she says " FINE "

when a woman says fine - it means anything but that - usually you better not or just you bloody wait

(ignore most of this crap, especially any relationship advice - the last bit Mrs Duck told me to write so I follow orders - her orders)

• Head Moderator

Duel wield pistols and tight shorts. Keep it sexy ;)

So that is MrMcG sorted, what about his missus?

• Supporters

MP5 all the way, oldschool TM ones are plastic and really lightweight. G&G also do a lightweight plastic one too.

V2 gearbox which means parts availability is massive, short pointable gun that's not heavy and has small light magazines too.

Asg Scorpion Evo 3.

Weight 2.4kg

Extremely comfy to hold (ambidextrous)

Electronic trigger

3rnd burst function

Empty mag detection (gun stops firing)

Low battery detection

Built out of the best polymer I have seen and will take drops better than pretty much any other aeg.

I had never really looked at one properly until the other day but now I have had one apart and really looked at it I am hugely impressed. Its become my favourite AEG and I think its definitely one of the best available and its not another M4.

What magazine options are there besides the 75rd? Is the hop proprietary?

Archived