Comparing the TM and KJW P226s

B.S
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello.

I am a Pistol Fanatic, I don't know what it is about the idea of Clearing a Building with nothing but a Glock, a Light and a suit feels absolutely bad ass to me, But It does.

And Thus I've been looking at one of the most Iconic pistols of today; The Sig Sauer P226. And In all my research I've come across three main brands. KJW, TM, And WE. Now, I've not included WE In this, purely because I stopped researching it. It looked plasticy, and I didn't like the Colouring. However, WE Also make the only P226 I could find that doesn't have a rail, so if that's what you want look no further. Now, Back to the Other two. These two makes of P226 are vastly the same, Performance wise there is very little difference. However, If your a Sucker for details such as myself then You'll be looking for Branding, Weight, and such. I can't definitively say which make is better, as I have neither. But If your looking for Detail true to a real Sig, and willing to sacrifice Weight, And Kick back, Then the TM Is the way to go. If you don't mind a KJW Badge then go with the KJW.

It's taken me a while to decide, But I think I may go with the TM, The P226 on the handle looks nicer, Plus if in the future I ever need a Film prop (I'm planning to do a Film course at collage) Then I'm set. And TM Have a reputation for Durability and Reliability. Just because I love a good Table, I'm gonna lay out all the Pros between the two below, So If anyone is planning on getting a P226 and can't decide, You can see which you'd prefer.

Tokyo Marui GBB Sig Sauer P226

BBGB18.jpg

- TM Reputation for Durability

- Realistic Markings and Branding

- 25 rnd Mag (KJW Is 24)

- Less shiny (From the picture at least)

- comes with 200 BBs (KJW Has 50)

KJWorks GBB Sig Sauer P226

KJ48.jpg

- 1000g Weight

- 5 More FPS (For all the difference it makes)

- £5 less (I'm seeing a trend here)

- Better kick back

- Metal Slide

I'd Take the Weight with a Grain of salt, I looked it up and the KJW Without the mag is about the same as the TM, So I suspect the TM just has a Plastic mag - Which is better as its cheaper, but of course it's not metal so...

Anyway, That concludes this... Whatever it is, Not a review since I have neither gun, But just a Article I suppose.

Till the Next time.

• Supporters

Go for the KJ, never had a fault with it in the year that I owned it. However, replace the magazines with the Marui version, the KJ's eventually leak and then never work after that.

BUT, you've already got a pistol, so use the money on a AEG. :)

Ohhhh.... Buutt... Pistol ;-; Must... have... Sig...

It's a tough one. I was thinking about looking up some sort of Pistols only site, Maybe even a RP one. But I doubt many exist (Or any, as it turned out). I'll have to think about it closer to the time. If I can save up £400 for a PC With only £2 a week, I can save £250 for 2 Guns :) Especially since I can now get a Job.

Go for the KJ, never had a fault with it in the year that I owned it. However, replace the magazines with the Marui version, the KJ's eventually leak and then never work after that.

Yeah, I changed my mind again after I found out the TM is Plastic, And the KJ Metal (Can you tell me if it's all metal or just the slide?) Still not completely sure though - Wish the KJW Had Accurate markings then I'd Have my mind made for me. And I'm aware of KJW's reputation for leaky mags :) Haven't had any issues with my 2 G23 mags yet, But I'm sure I will.

P.S Just had a Thought... I Don't suppose the Hand Grips are removable on the KJW P226? (E1 Btw)

KJ is all metal, I have monty's old one and it's great

I don't want to make anything certain, but I'm sure KJW is compatible with TM stuff, so if you were really desperate for trades, you could look into some of the Guarder kits for it maybe?

I'm personally struggling to get the grips off right now since you mentioned it. The screws don't seem to want to turn, but it could just be that I'm very weak :P

KJ is all metal, I have monty's old one and it's great

I don't want to make anything certain, but I'm sure KJW is compatible with TM stuff, so if you were really desperate for trades, you could look into some of the Guarder kits for it maybe?

I'm personally struggling to get the grips off right now since you mentioned it. The screws don't seem to want to turn, but it could just be that I'm very weak :P

Yeah, Waaaaay Ahead of you :) Thinking of possibly getting the TM then getting the Guarder Steel kit at a later date. I'm also re-considering the WE, Now that I've seen an E2 in person. Don't know what happened in this picture but it looks like a £5 toy:

WE058BGB.jpg

My experience with KJW p229... eeeeh! Just felt.. toyish? (not saying newer ones can't have improved)

The upside is that KJW have awesome customer service (needed orings for the mag I think)

If you're looking for a good 226 - I cant recommend the KWA ptp/ns2 enough - if they are still available. not sure what is up with KWA these days.

My experience with KJW p229... eeeeh! Just felt.. toyish? (not saying newer ones can't have improved)

The upside is that KJW have awesome customer service (needed orings for the mag I think)

If you're looking for a good 226 - I cant recommend the KWA ptp/ns2 enough - if they are still available. not sure what is up with KWA these days.

Hmmm... Didn't see the KWA anywhere, But It looks okay, I'll have to look into it more. But there is no P226 on the handle, which I don't like.

I've narrowed it down the Either the WE or the TM, So I guess I'll add this to the list XD

Hmmm... Didn't see the KWA anywhere, But It looks okay, I'll have to look into it more. But there is no P226 on the handle, which I don't like.

I've narrowed it down the Either the WE or the TM, So I guess I'll add this to the list XD

...and the markings say "professional training pistol" rather than "da real deal - pinky promise!!" (they even go out of the way and call it m229 rather than p229 to keep it genuine), so if your after photo props its probably not for you. On the other hand if you want a top notch bb shooter that handles propane, works in most weathers, designed for police and military training - look no further!

But again, sourcing them may be an issue these days.

...and the markings say "professional training pistol" rather than "da real deal - pinky promise!!" (they even go out of the way and call it m229 rather than p229 to keep it genuine), so if your after photo props its probably not for you. On the other hand if you want a top notch bb shooter that handles propane, works in most weathers, designed for police and military training - look no further!

But again, sourcing them may be an issue these days.

I found one straight away XD

But yeah, I'm leaning towards the TM With a Guarder kit. Still not ruled out the WE, but it's down to those two.

The TM P226 E2 is a sensational piece of kit.

Lovely weight.

Snappy shooting.

Cracking balance.

Feels 'right'.

The TM P226 E2 is a sensational piece of kit.

Lovely weight.

Snappy shooting.

Cracking balance.

Feels 'right'.

Yep, I've all but decided on a TM (Still not completely ruled out the WE)

Although I'll get an E1, I prefer the looks.

Nope. The best mags for the 226's are amusingly the WE. The TM ones need to be rebuilt to be even remotely gas efficient.

The Marui E2 magazine always worked with my KJ.

Not saying they don't work, the WE ones are just better made. And considerably cheaper.

I read that the TM E2 mags are supposed to be redesigned to be more efficient.

Mine certainly seems well made and plenty solid.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I am a fan of the Sig Sauer and I was looking at the ones that you have mentioned then I was stopped in my tracks and I had to start all over again after watching this review on the Tube of the Inokatsu, now I am in a quandry because to me this is the dogs Doo Daas and as real as it gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SIJTORH7E

Hi.

I am a fan of the Sig Sauer and I was looking at the ones that you have mentioned then I was stopped in my tracks and I had to start all over again after watching this review on the Tube of the Inokatsu, now I am in a quandry because to me this is the dogs Doo Daas and as real as it gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SIJTORH7E

Yeah, I've seen this, But It's far, far, far out of my price range. It is as real as it gets though. But I'd say the next step down is a TM 226 W/ a Guarder steel kit.

But I'd say the next step down is a TM 226 W/ a Guarder steel kit.

Not even close. TM P226 with Inokatsu kit > Prime kit > Prowin Kit > PGC Kit > EAiming Kit > Guarder Kit.

• Root Admin

Agreed. Guarder don't do steel kits for most things anyway - they're aluminium. Their 7075 aluminium slides are really quite nice, but the standard kits (i.e. frame and slide) are 6061 and ding up really quickly.

Not even close. TM P226 with Inokatsu kit > Prime kit > Prowin Kit > PGC Kit > EAiming Kit > Guarder Kit.

Agreed. Guarder don't do steel kits for most things anyway - they're aluminium. Their 7075 aluminium slides are really quite nice, but the standard kits (i.e. frame and slide) are 6061 and ding up really quickly.

Thanks for the advice, I now have many Words to google :P

So should I go for the PGC or a 7075 Guarder kit? Or something else?

Basically I'm looking for something that'll be durable but cheap, and a full metal conversion. Not fussed if it is actually steel or not, it's more for the feel than the weight.

• Supporters

Why so obsessed with a metal conversion?

• Root Admin

Why so obsessed with a metal conversion?

Don't get us started. He still doesn't have a rifle yet.

A metal conversion kit would be the last thing for airsoft I'd buy (perhaps before £100 trousers). TM guns perform excellently with plastic slides and until you've owned one you'll not understand why it matters so little.

Archived