Realism.. ok so I've done some homework..

Jason8
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

Trust me I've read lots of posts here today, came across an excellent guide by proffrink on the subject and I'm trying to make sense of it all. In short, guys I'm getting into this for my son's sake to be honest. I have experience with firearms and I'm looking to collect a couple of guns to play the odd game with, but above all realism is what I'm after. So that said here's what I've got so far.

I would like one quality rifle and one quality pistol to get started. I like the H&K 416 and the M4 for rifles. For a pistol I'm kind of hell bent on a Beretta m92 as I loved the real one.

So with this in mind could I get opinions on the best of the above from essentially the realism angle. Obviously I may need spares & repairs so I would like to know that's possible too if needed. I guess this is going to be a GHK/WA shutout but I'd like some up to date opinions, thanks fellas. Oh btw I'm talking gas or c02 not AEG's.

• Supporters

I have an M9A1 for sale if you're interested...

• Supporters

edit - soz you are talking gas or CO2

well most co2 pistols shoot too hot - but there options/mods if you love the gun in particular

gas rifles - mags are more and hold less

hpa - scuba fireman tank on ya back

soz - only use gas G18c or a M9 cheapy non-blowback pistols

otherwise its aeg rifles - mainly normal no blowback/recoil stuff coz I know it is still a peew peew toy gun

not bothered about the "kick" I just jolt the gun upwards and I go peew peew peew instead

From a realism perspective you definitely want a a gas blow back rifle (pistols are almost always gas blow back). They have increased realism on ammo counts, function and recoil they are the most realistic in maintenance as well.

I would take yourself off to http://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/ and see what you can find. They stock most of the decent GBB stuff in pistols and rifles and it will at the very least give you a good idea of what is out there. Personally I would go for a GHK just because they seem to have built some really good magazines and mechanisms but B4ME would probably tell me his WE's have been decent as well which seem to be your two choices for M4s.

Thanks for the replies chaps. Lots to consider..

I'm loving the GHK M4.

Lozart is your gun Beretta marked and in steel?

i also like Berettas and have two M92/M96.

The Umarex one is very realistic with trades - mine is CO2. The other is a WE GBB work horse but has no Beretta trades.

Tokyo Marui are good but tend to have plastic slides which make them blowback well but they dont feel so realistic.

proffrink it was somewhere embedded in a thread about realistic weapons, cant find it now. You were giving your opinion on your favourite manufacturers and gun types in order, it was a good read.

LMAO at this If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight. :D :lol:

From a realism perspective you definitely want a a gas blow back rifle (pistols are almost always gas blow back). They have increased realism on ammo counts, function and recoil they are the most realistic in maintenance as well.

I would take yourself off to http://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/ and see what you can find. They stock most of the decent GBB stuff in pistols and rifles and it will at the very least give you a good idea of what is out there. Personally I would go for a GHK just because they seem to have built some really good magazines and mechanisms but B4ME would probably tell me his WE's have been decent as well which seem to be your two choices for M4s.

This was a great shout BC thanks.

I can feel the GHK M4 RAS GBB Rifle 14.5" creeping up on me, I always seem to come back to that gun. Good to know about the heavy recoil buffer and valve which I wouldn't have if I'd not seen this site, cheers.

As for a pistol, the WE M92 in chrome with trademarks is again one I keep coming back too. I know some peeps will disagree but it seems there isn't really a perfect solution, such as life. I'd be happy with those two to start me up. I do still like the H&K 416... :wacko:

I appreciate all the input guys thanks a lot.

OK here's a question, and I think I know the answer but I'll ask anyway.

Muzzle flash generator, I like the idea but is the effect crap, anyone got or use one?

• Supporters

Imagine a shit torch that flashes when you shoot... That's the muzzle flash generator.

the WE M92 is pretty dire, like a lot of their early guns they just copied the Tokyo Marui design and made it with pot metal instead of ABS, didn't work! If you're after a gun that feels 'realistic' in the hand it'll do, but if you want a gun that'll realistically fire properly every time you pull the trigger buy a Marui.

• Root Admin

The GHK stuff is excellent. As has been said, the G5 is basically the best as it squeezes the most efficiency out of each magazine (which is a huge deal for any GBBR). Their M4s are nice, but are made fully of metal and have a far heavier bolt so that means marginally more cooldown and slightly higher gas consumption.

TM have a new M9 out don't they? They updated it last year I think. Go for that for sure - you'll be surprised at how significant the blowback is even with a plastic slide, and when you have a magazine in it's about a heavy as the real thing anyway.

• Supporters

Thanks for the replies chaps. Lots to consider..

I'm loving the GHK M4.

Lozart is your gun Beretta marked and in steel?

It's in the gas guns for sale but it's got the socom emblem on the grips instead of the Beretta one and like most airsoft guns it's cast alloy not steel.

By steel I meant steel colour mate, sorry for confusion. I don't want a black one.

I just cant get my head around TM guns being plastic..

• Supporters

By steel I meant steel colour mate, sorry for confusion. I don't want a black one.

I just cant get my head around TM guns being plastic..

OK, well mine's tan so...

I've got a GHK M4 mate awesome guns and are even better with the FG heavy buffer and spring. A lot of people say about gas not working in the cold etc but I've been very impressed. They also do co2 mags should you wish.

I've got a GHK M4 mate awesome guns and are even better with the FG heavy buffer and spring. A lot of people say about gas not working in the cold etc but I've been very impressed. They also do co2 mags should you wish.

Oh right, so you can choose between GG and co2 situated same gun that's good. Thanks for that info fella.

• Supporters

you have to consider that GHK CO2 magazines are expensive though, milspec solutions are doing them for £57.95 EACH and they only hold 40 BBs... to carry enough ammo to be 'competitive' in a skirmish you're looking at £300+ just on magazines and even then you're going to have to be pretty selective with your shooting.

I've got 4 mags at the moment and need at least another 4 mags. I carry speed loader with me at the moment and reload while I'm out. You d definitely have to pick shots it is actually quite fun but I'm going to buy a TM 416 Devgru in May as I am a fan of laying down fire lol.

Blimey, don't think I'll bother with the co2 although I pretty sure I'm going to get the gun, it just looks so amazing and from owners opioions I've read it plays nice too.

Still can't settle on an m92 though. I know people ate saying TM but I have a problem with the plastic.

Thanks to all for your input though chaps, much appreciated.

The other consideration with gas rifle mags is the weight, 8 stanag gas mags weighs A LOT! Pistols it isn't a real issue as most will carry one spare at best but the weight of rifle mags can be a massive factor not only on yourself but on the gear you intend to buy, cheap vest/PC won't handle the weight so budget decent money for one, I've run out on milsims with a GBBR and associated crap and it was awful

Archived