Delivery companies and reviews ?

padraigthesniper
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is there any delivery company that hasn't got a appalling set of reviews online all trustpilots for each one have 90% ish bad reviews its mad. Who do you guys think is the best in my experience i think DPD.

I know this topic is random as biscuits stuffed into a hi cap but yh im curious.

Never had any problems with Parcel Force myself. Delivery prices can be a little steep sometimes, but you get good service to balance it.

I've used then a couple of times for larger items I couldn't send via Post Office and never had an issue.

I see a lot of couriers coming and going in my workplace (most of my staff get personal packages delivered to store rather than home because there's always someone there).

From this; id avoid Hermes and Bullet like the plague. Numerous times Hermes have "tried to deliver but no-one was at the address to take delivery".

We're in the middle of a HUGE shopping centre, with the stores phone number on the back door incase we don't hear them knock.

Bullet seems to be a fleet of agency drivers/anyone who has a van and a map. My company uses them on days that UPS can't/won't deliver (bank holidays) and it's fairly common for boxes of stock to "not be loaded onto the van" at our warehouse.

Yeh stay away from Hermes I've had the same thing, I get all my packages delivered to work. I work for a manufacturing plant that is open 24 hours a day & security is open 365 days a year. had a few deliveries not arrive because "No one was in" and then the package suspiciously disappear before they make an attempt to redeliver.

• Head Moderator

I have always been impressed with the service from DPD. They keep you informed and deliver in the time slot they promise. A couple of years ago when I ordered a new laptop online, DPD were the courier and the process could not have gone better. The text message updates are very useful. The only thing I have to remember is regardless of what instructions I have given the retailer, always need to visit the DPD website and tick the box for alternate delivery locations, i.e. neighbour, for when I am not home when they call. Otherwise the package goes back to the local DPD office for re-delivery.

Its very local. Performance highly depends on the drivers you have in your local area. I have had DPD be completely useless in the past but now I don't have any issues with them. You'll work out in time which companies are good locally and which aren't and the variability.

Whoever Landwarrior use seem to be very very good, usually the package arrives the next day, I think it's UPS.

As a software developer, I've integrated APIs for DPD, parcelforce, UPS and Fedex, and I can tell you that my opinion is that DPD's system seems to be the smoothest, whether that makes a difference to your opinion or not, I can't tell you :)

• Supporters

I have had parcels delivered from a pleathora of delivery and couriers service, some were good, others utterly despicable to the point they LIE!!

I go through a list and my exprience, first of all where i am, I live in North East London, Leyton area.

Royal Mail: Fairly Good, reasonable prices, i have used them both to deliver and receive (obviously), nearest post office is a 5 minute drive as is the nearest sorting office.

Parcel Force: Good and decent delivery, can track parcels, a bit pricy though when it comes to import and customs as they slap a £13 admin fee on top of VAT and import fees and wont release your parcel till you pay for it

DPD: Best courier in my area, gives email and text updates telling you when delivery is likely to be for that day and often its on point, tracking service not as good as it used to be, now it just gives you the time and drivers name, before it used to give drivers name, where he was and more importantly where in the queue your parcel was as in "your parcel is 34 out of 60, your driver Javier is on delivery 15".

UK Mail: Ok enough but mine is quick to leave the door and get back on the road, you have to stand watch like sentry duty waiting for him to come.

UPS: Good delivery service, very good on things being imported and does not slap on admin fees (if they did it was so small i didnt even notice it), often to expedite your delivery they will pay import and VAT fees and delivery it to your door before sending an invoice to pay for it that you get your parcel as fast as possible.

Hermes or as i call them Herpes because they are like a disease: Terrible courier service, you will get the parcel when the driver feels like it, on more than one occasion the driver has lied about deliveries, I once purchased a TM FN 5-7 GBB, sent by Hermes (when i saw this i dispaired) they were late to pick up the parcel from the sender and after 2 days the tracking said it had been given to me when it had not, i was in all day for it, 2 days later (a total of 4) I get a random knock on the door around 8pm and then gun is finally delivered. LYING F**KS!!!!! Oh and they employ anyone who has a car, doubt they check licence and insurance for business use, probably why they are late all the time as police are always seizing their cars from no insurance.

Nowadays when i buy stuff on the interent or forums i try and tell senders to avoid using HERMES.

• Head Moderator

I have mixed feelings with Hermes, some of the drivers are really good and others really poor. Timings are totally random. I occasionally get the "you were not home" excuse when I have been in all day and no-one has called. Or the parcel is left behind a recycling bin in the rain which is not very good when cardboard packaging. But one lady always knocks loudly and waits for a response, allowing time to get to the door, and delivers in all weathers.

I worked for a few delivery companys in the past, Royal mail are by far the best at sorting and generally looking after your package. Tuffnels and Hermes employ anyone with steel toe cap boots and willing to work like a dog so your £350 gun gets launched across a warehouse stood on, dropped everything that you wouldn't want to happen to it does.

UPS are brilliant I had regular updates and 2 days for delivery from Munich was good. Yodel I had compensation from them because they put my delivery in a wheelie bin on bin collection day while I was at work so I avoid them.

Hermes are the bane of my life. I've even written complaint letters to them. I just never receive my parcels, even when i'm in. They often dont even leave a note. Its some women with a car that delivers in my area. All the drivers are self employed and couldn't give a monkeys.

Dpd are the best ive used. Used them to send stuff as well and they are spot on and keep the recipient informed and gives people options if they arent in.

Royal mail are good as i can always collect from the sorting office.

Ups are good. Gives you options.

Apd never leave a note.

Yodel not great but better than Hermes.

Hermes i hope go out of business i wont order from any company that uses them.

• Head Moderator

Yodel I had compensation from them because they put my delivery in a wheelie bin on bin collection day while I was at work so I avoid them.

I have had a similar thing happen for an Amazon delivery, the box was left in an empty wheelie bin and I only knew because of the card left by the courier. We had been away from home for a few days and was not expecting a package in the bin, luckliy no bin day was due.

Totally avoid my Hermes.

Just as one example, the Mrs ordered some kids clothing, it didn't get delivered on the day it was meant to come so she phoned the shop. They said it had been signed for and was shown as delivered.

She phoned the my Hermes depot several times. Long story short, the driver broke down so he signed for all the deliveries left on his van. Now I've no idea whether he did this off his own back or whether the depot told him to hoping that senders would think their packages had been delivered on time and receivers wouldn't notice, but the depot didn't seem to think there was a problem with it...

I am going to be using Parcelforce next week, so I will report back then ;)

they are bad..or atleast all my experiences with them have been bad..worst was a damn bike..they'd managed to bend a disk rotor and take chunks out of the paint work..and because seller was a tight fisted tit..no compo -_-

• Supporters

Totally avoid my Hermes.

Just as one example, the Mrs ordered some kids clothing, it didn't get delivered on the day it was meant to come so she phoned the shop. They said it had been signed for and was shown as delivered.

She phoned the my Hermes depot several times. Long story short, the driver broke down so he signed for all the deliveries left on his van. Now I've no idea whether he did this off his own back or whether the depot told him to hoping that senders would think their packages had been delivered on time and receivers wouldn't notice, but the depot didn't seem to think there was a problem with it...

I think the drivers deliberately sign the parcels as they get paid for every parcel the successfully deliver, its not much, i think around 50p per parcel

Archived