Accidental Import

goodce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I moved to London from Hong Kong about 1 year ago. I have just found my airsoft gun in one of my packed boxes. I completely forgot about this. I believe it is illegal to own and RIF here without a license. In Hong Kong it is not. Any suggestions about what I should do as I would still like to go airsofting here.

No license required mate. Maybe it should have been declared with customs at the time but if they haven't questioned you yet, you're all good. It's not the ownership that's much of an issue here in the UK, it's the buying that's the biggest problem (and it isn't that much of a hassle either).

No license required mate. Maybe it should have been declared with customs at the time but if they haven't questioned you yet, you're all good. It's not the ownership that's much of an issue here in the UK, it's the buying that's the biggest problem (and it isn't that much of a hassle either)

Thanks but what about the Ukara thing

You have it already so don't worry

Ukara only really relevant when buying a RIF from a shop :)

• Supporters

Ukara only really relevant when buying a RIF from a shop :)

Or when you're importing it.

Although as stated seeing as it didn't get stopped at customs it's now irrelevant.

UKARA is not a licence, no such thing exists. UKARA is a database of players which helps when you want to buy or import one.

You're not allowed (without certain defences) to :

Import

Sell

Manufacture or

Convert

Having an active entry helps with the first two. You're lucky that customs didn't find it and destroy it.

Now that it's here, you're not committing any more offences unless you start waving it around in public...

Archived