Koer SVD hop up problems

DmanDan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I'm just getting into airsoft and decided to go with a sniper set up, and I decided to go with the Koer SVD as I have always liked the looks of a Dragunov. I have my rail and Scope for the rifle but I can't the bbs to go high enough to line up with the center of the scope (using 0.30 bbs), the bbs are far too low. I have adjusted the hop up as much as I can. I have also made my scope as low as it can go with no luck.

Would anyone tell me some good upgrades for this rifle to fix the problem or just a bunch of better upgrades in general as they are all stock internals.

Thanks in advance guys

• Head Moderator

When you shoot, are the BBs going on a straight flight trajectory for the full distance? Ignoring the scope, is the hop set properly?

I may have misread the OP but it sounds as if you want the BBs to rise up into view of your scope, and not that you have adjusted the settings on the scope to zero it onto the point of impact where the BBs are actually hitting. You do not mention what make/model scope you have fitted. You need to adjust the scope dials for left and right, up and down to move the cross hair onto your point of impact.

There are YouTube videos detailing this process from basic zeroing to more advanced stripping down gun to measure positioning, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJw0dZG-bEQ

ACM 3-9x50E Rifle Scope is the scope I have.

The BBs do fly straight but they are right at the bottom of the Crosshair on my scope, I have adjusted the hop as much as I can to get the BBs to fly up a little and I have tried to adjust the scope dials to go down as much as I can to try and zero it but the BBs are just too low and don't come into the scope enough. Horizontal is fine, it's just vertically the BBs aren't going high enough.

Thanks for the fast responses. I tried watching those videos, but I don't feel confident enough to strip my gun on myself yet. And the first video didn't really help.

Thanks again guys. Plus I read the hop isn't very good on this gun, is that true?

• Head Moderator

Wondering if your scope needs repositioning (move it forward or backwards) and you have correct eye relief. If you are at wrong angle when looking through the scope then that will effect sight picture. Do you have a bipod? Try looking through scope and adjusting your hold/head position slightly so that you can see the target clearly. Assume you are trying to zero with the scope at lowest magnification to provide widest field of view to start with.

Without seeing a picture of your setup I'd guess that your scope is mounted far too high on the rifle for the BB ever to rise up sufficiently to reach the crosshairs on the scope. It you have fitted it using an AK/SVD side mount and then used scope mounts to attach the scope to the SVD mount you will never get the crosshairs low enough to intersect with the flight of the BB. Even the PSO1 and POSP scopes that are made for the SVD are mounted quite low over the receiver and even then they can be a bit high for airsoft use.

A scope with a 50mm objective lens usually needs quite high mounts for it to clear the top of the receiver, so I'd guess your scope is probably sitting about 1 inch too high for it to ever be able to line up. Bit the bullet and try and find a proper SVD scope. They do come up on the forums from time to time, or look at getting one from Hong Kong for about £100. And the SVD looks far better with the correct scope than with one meant for an air rifle.

Oh okay. Thanks for the information.

That sounds about right to what I'm dealing with, it does seem too high. Would you mind sending a link or a picture for a proper SVD scope so I don't screw up and get the wrong one.

Thanks in advance.

Archived