Mis-feeding

og123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, I received a umarex hk sport line ump 45 at Christmas. Which came with a high cap mag. I've been playing with it a while and have recently started having feeding problems( ie, misfeeding, not feeding on full auto) the magazine was fully wound. So I decided to buy the ares ump mid cap. This worked ok, however did not feed as well as I had hoped, ok on semi auto but awful on full auto, I then bought another high cap, which was the same that came with the gun.unfortunatley I experienced the exact same problem immediately. I think I have come to the conclusion that the mag isn't the problem, maybe something internally within the gun. Please can someone help? Thankyou

Hmm. here's a little test for you -

Load all 3 mags, full wind them (until they click differently), then hold them over 3 separate containers (a cup or something will do), and pull back the tiny little release catch just next to where the BB's poke out of the top of the mag, and allow all the BBS so spray into the container, and see how many come out of each mag.

if you're getting a fair few out of each mag, i'd suggest the problem is with the UMP itself and you should either send it to the people who sold it you, or take it to a local shop for inspection, as it could be a pretty wide variety of stuff :P

Thankyou, yeh quite a few bbs come out.Also, I took the inner barrel out for cleaning and seeing if this had any damage or problems to see if this was the problem, but barrel looks pretty good. Because of this I can't send it back as the warranty is not valid.

If you drop bb in the hopup does it go all the way to bottom, sometimes bb's can get stuck on bucking lips.

I will have to check, if it doesn't, what is the solution ?

If you drop bb in the hopup does it go all the way to bottom, sometimes bb's can get stuck on bucking lips.

No this isn't the problem, the ump has a different sort of hop, one without the tube underneath. Thankyou anyway.

For me personally, I had the same problem & I put a delayer chip on the sector gear. It pulls the tappet plate further back which in turn pulls the nozzle back further & have no feed issues since. My g36c had it preinstalled & had no problems so put them in my other 3 rifles

If I do, then it's usually the mag getting jammed.

You'll need to strip the gearbox to put the chip on the sector gear & YouTube can help with tutorial videos & the chips are available on eBay. Get the blue SHS delayer chip

• Supporters

There are number of other things that can go tits up or fail

Or cause misfeeding or strange drops in expected fps

if anybody remembers this poor guy's luck....

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/25180-can-you-fluff-up-an-aoe-correction/#entry186610

it contains a bent up tappet plate which can happen or worse snap in rare cases of things being out of whack

the tappet plate travel is at best about 8mm max without mods - which sounds plenty but in reality it isn't once you up the rof

A delay clip is wise thing to fit but also check nozzle is moving ok - though a real shame you can't return it

coz new gun you shouldn't have to mess about with stuff so much

Archived