Has anyone tried the Bolle Rush Plus glasses?

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm going to be picking up a pair of these as they're a decent, cheap, reputable option for having some prescription lenses put in.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them at all and whether they're decent?

Or if anyone else has suggestions for alternatives, I'll happily think about those as well...

Cheers.

• Supporters

Do you know if they can take a prescription insert? :)

They can't, I don't think. They fit right up against your face so, no space for inserts. ESS ICE can use prescription inserts.

• Supporters

Those are good for airsoft play at that price? I might just buy some for the safezone. I have lost touch with the UK/Europe safety ratings.

They're excellent, always used them at every game day, there's a tiny scratch where some idiot shot at me with a sniper rifle at close range, that's it.

• Head Moderator

I prefer the Bolle Silium+ CSP Lens Safety Specs http://www.screwfix.com/p/bolle-silium-csp-lens-safety-specs/5394h only £12 and tight fit to face. Good for use in the safe zone or when at home. There is also a version with smoke lens for sunny days. No room for prescription inserts.

I had considered the Bolle Rush Plus as it looked as if they had better impact, however, it appears that all the Bolle ones at Screwfix are rated EN166F, 45 m/s (140 fps) impact with 0.86g projectile.

• Supporters

I really wouldn't conside F rating to be suitable for airsoft!

My thoughts exactly.

According to our own app 140fps at .86 is .78 jouls = 290fps on .2

A, or B, indoor with a 350fps limit as a minimum imo.

Personally for £30 you can't go wrong with surplus ess ICE.

Bolle tracker are b rated and what I use on my cqb mask, but I know there won't be a 500 fps sniper lurking.

i have inserts with ESS ice glasses, but there is a fair gap round the edge. is this an issue or would it be fine?

another option for the OP would either be mesh goggles over specs (that most people dont like) or over glasses goggles like bolle pilots i think they are

I would be interested in some more recommendations for Glasses

I wore a pair of ESS goggles today, but they kept fogging up - although I have now removed the foam from inside - so hope this will now sort that problem?

Has anyone used these? http://www.amazon.co.uk/amp-SAFETY-GLASSES-AIRSOFT-SHOOTING/dp/B00AFA9N44

Thanks

Jon

Archived