This helmet eye protection safe?

GothicGhost
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

I wear glasses and at the moment I use the bolle goggles that have room to place over your normal glasses.

But my friend says he uses a helmet like this but I am not sure on the drop down visor to not break?

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32387155354.html

Would you risk it?

Thanks.

• Head Moderator

No do not risk it. The plastic visor is just for show and will offer no protection. You need to wear proper eyepro. Better off staying with the Bolle X1000 goggles

>14 means greater than 14.

Surely there must be a possibility of BB's coming under the visor? Doesn't look like a good idea to me.

>14 means greater than 14.

Surely there must be a possibility of BB's coming under the visor? Doesn't look like a good idea to me.

Wouldn't greater than read as <14?

Never mind... Just asked the other half (school teacher) she said I'm being thick...

• Moderators

Don't risk it, you may as well put a sheet of glass over your face for the protection it will provide, unless it's rated anywhere, stick to the mesh or goggles 🙂Better still, look for some YouTube reviews, someone may have shot one....

My friend said he has been hit a few times and it's been fine but I wanted to check to see what the general feeling is about them.

I guess he been lucky then not to have a eye out lol.

I will stick to my bolle ones then thank you all.

Wouldn't greater than read as <14?

Never mind... Just asked the other half (school teacher) she said I'm being thick...

:-D

I always learned that "<" looks a bit like "L" which means "Less Than".

It looks cool but probably doesent offer good protection. From the looks of things if the helmet doesn't fit you properly then the visor might sit off your face allowing bbs to pass through. Buy a regular fast helmet and wear glasses or full deal goggles with it.

It looks cool but probably doesent offer good protection. From the looks of things if the helmet doesn't fit you properly then the visor might sit off your face allowing bbs to pass through. Buy a regular fast helmet and wear glasses or full deal goggles with it.

A post you have so much faith in that you had to say it 3 times?

NO NO NO! At the site I play at we tested on with a rental AEG (sub 330) and the plastic visor turned to shrapnel.

A post you have so much faith in that you had to say it 3 times?

Wow lol. My internet was being funny last night and the page wasn't loading so I kept clicking post reply then closed my browser and gave up assuming it hadn't posted 😆😆

I wouldn't... Googles + helmet would be where I'd go.. But, I wouldn't wear a helmet anyway, save the money for something else, you'll get hot and sweaty, suppose it has it's upsides, no damage if you bash into a tree. Baseball cap maybe?

I don't think it's a good idea, I'd say go goggles and separate helmet.

Yeah I was only looking at helmets for the eye protection but if that's no good then I would not wear a helmet.

Trying to make a very light for my first loadout if I can.

Thanks.

Archived