GothicGhost

This helmet eye protection safe?

I might be wrong here but the description says >14 years of age... That's not the clearest description but I take that to mean it's child sized.

No do not risk it. The plastic visor is just for show and will offer no protection. You need to wear proper eyepro. Better off staying with the Bolle X1000 goggles

>14 means greater than 14.

Surely there must be a possibility of BB's coming under the visor? Doesn't look like a good idea to me.

The built in visors have massive gaps between the user and the lens, so bb's can easily pass through the gaps which is extremely dangerous. Not recommended.

The one with built in visor is not ballistic rated though dude so make sure if you do get one to keep proper ballistic eye pro under the visor anyway.

Click here for context.

>14 means greater than 14.

Surely there must be a possibility of BB's coming under the visor? Doesn't look like a good idea to me.

Wouldn't greater than read as <14?

Never mind... Just asked the other half (school teacher) she said I'm being thick...

Don't risk it, you may as well put a sheet of glass over your face for the protection it will provide, unless it's rated anywhere, stick to the mesh or goggles 🙂Better still, look for some YouTube reviews, someone may have shot one....

My friend said he has been hit a few times and it's been fine but I wanted to check to see what the general feeling is about them.

I guess he been lucky then not to have a eye out lol.

I will stick to my bolle ones then thank you all.

Wouldn't greater than read as <14?

Never mind... Just asked the other half (school teacher) she said I'm being thick...

:-D

I always learned that "<" looks a bit like "L" which means "Less Than".

It looks cool but probably doesent offer good protection. From the looks of things if the helmet doesn't fit you properly then the visor might sit off your face allowing bbs to pass through. Buy a regular fast helmet and wear glasses or full deal goggles with it.

It looks cool but probably doesent offer good protection. From the looks of things if the helmet doesn't fit you properly then the visor might sit off your face allowing bbs to pass through. Buy a regular fast helmet and wear glasses or full deal goggles with it.

A post you have so much faith in that you had to say it 3 times?

NO NO NO! At the site I play at we tested on with a rental AEG (sub 330) and the plastic visor turned to shrapnel.

Yeah going play it safe no point risking it lol.

I would be better if I switch to monthly contacts lenses no more messing about.

Contacts work great in airsoft.

Yeah been thinking about for a while as I do target shooting as well.

It would be nice on hot days to wear some slim ballistic glasses instead of goggles all the time.

A post you have so much faith in that you had to say it 3 times?

Wow lol. My internet was being funny last night and the page wasn't loading so I kept clicking post reply then closed my browser and gave up assuming it hadn't posted 😆😆

I wouldn't... Googles + helmet would be where I'd go.. But, I wouldn't wear a helmet anyway, save the money for something else, you'll get hot and sweaty, suppose it has it's upsides, no damage if you bash into a tree. Baseball cap maybe?

I don't think it's a good idea, I'd say go goggles and separate helmet.

Yeah I was only looking at helmets for the eye protection but if that's no good then I would not wear a helmet.

Trying to make a very light for my first loadout if I can.

Thanks.