Sign in to follow this  
tomybooy

KjWorks p266 gas releasing on first shot

Hey all.

Im new here and new to the whole Gas guns scene.

I got one from a friend but something as wrong with it.

When i fire, the first shot seem to release all of the gas stored in the magazine.

It's not leaking or anything like that. It's all good until i fire the first shot and the sound of an automatic weapon with a silencer comes out.

Of curse that sound is all of the gas escaping along with the first ball that comes out.

I have disassembled the gun and got down to the hammer and knocker area, and it looks like the problem is there somewhere.. but hey, what do i know?

Does anyone have some idea about what exact part is not working right?

I'll really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Oh and the magazine is a new one.

And one last thing, after all the gas gets vented out right at the beginning, if i fill it up again with gas while it's still in the gun - the gas just flows right trough the entire gun and comes out the barrel like some kind of metal crazy straw.

Are you talking about a pistol or a rifle? Assuming it's a pistol it seems your knocker isn't being pulled back properly after the shot is recycled. Does the slide fully slide back after the shot? Can you manually pull the hammer back and see the knocker pull back? It may just need a good clean.

Next time, if it vents, just drop the mag out straight away there's no need to waste gas. If there's no fault in the magazine the flow would just stop.

Edit: just read the title again. Pistol it is.

First of all, thanks for your answer.

Now, about your questions, it think these videos will give the best answers.

The first one is me playing with the knocker and i wonder if this is how it's suppose to work..

The others are just slow motion of what's going on when i try to fire..

http://sendvid.com/bi9edwlc

http://sendvid.com/o2txk7b4

http://sendvid.com/oqkxt78t

http://sendvid.com/akuohrs2

I'm not a P226 user myself so I could be making some wrong assumptions here. From your videos it seems the slide during blowback isn't travelling back far enough to re-cock the hammer. If the hammer isn't pulled back enough the knocker valve may be keeping the knocker valve open releasing the gas. The other possibility is that the hammer isn't locking back correctly.

When you rack the slide does it travel further than the motion shown in your videos? At minimum it should be travelling back far enough to lock back when the magazine is empty.

Does the hammer have 2 lock positions? You seem to have tested it from one position in video 1. Is there another position with the hammer pulled further back? If so does it still seem to work?

Thanks for the reply!

And yeah, the slide definitely travels further when i rack it by hand, and it does lock when the mag is empty.

About the hammer, that what i was trying to figure out..

After firing the hammer goes ALL the way forewords and it keeps the piece that presses the valve on the mag sticking out.

But as seen in the video, it looks like there is another locking just a half of a cm more backwards, that when the hammer is on that position, the piece that presses the valve is getting pulled back when i hit my finger on the little spring on the side.

Got me all confused that's why i posted that video as well, since i'm which of them is the correct one, but anyways nothing is working either way..

I don't want to be telling you to suck eggs but are you filling the mag up with gas correctly? Are you holding the mag and can upside down so the gas flows straight down the fill valve? I've seen people do it sideways or upside down which would result in the mag not being filled properly. If it's not filled properly there won't be enough pressure to cycle the gun on each shot.

So the slide can move freely to the back position enough for the hammer to move back to position 2 (further back) and lock but there's not enough kick to bring the slide back to it's correct position. Check if there is anything catching the slide or blocking the hammer.

Lol

I understand you for asking, but yeah, i'm filling it up just the way you described..

I think the problem that you caught is the actual problem since i realized that even if i can get one lonely shot on the first time - another ball just doesn't get in the chamber..

Meaning the recoil ain't strong enough and doesn't push back enough to reload a new round..

That could also explain the gas releasing part wouldn't it? if the slide isn't going back enough, maybe that's why the hammer doesn't get pushed back enough?

Yes your recoil is insufficient causing the gun not to cycle a new round into the chamber and pull the hammer back enough to pull back the knocker. Either the slide is sticking, the recoil spring is too strong (is it the original?) or the hammer mechanism is jamming somewhere.

Just going to throw this out there but if the magazine doesn't have enough gas in it the slide won't cycle (could be can running out) although with my xdm it does this no matter what on nuprol gas :|

ok guys thanks a lot

i got it figured out

the piston head was upside down and that was the whole issue..

dont get mad, im new to this :lol: