Zm51 Sniper Rifle Paint.

Path1337
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

Do not do it.

I think that spraying your two tone gun which is an IF (Imitation Firearm) to make it a RIF (Reailstic Imitation Firearm) is against the VCRA without a defence.

36. Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a) he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;

(b)he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

Hence people over 18 can buy an IF without needing a valid defence (site membership or UKARA) but are not permitted to buy a RIF.

You can take you gun to a site, wrap camo tape around it as a temporary change, then remove the tape at end of day so that the gun becomes an IF again.

Do not do it.

I think that spraying your two tone gun which is an IF (Imitation Firearm) to make it a RIF (Reailstic Imitation Firearm) is against the VCRA without a defence.

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if

(b)he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

Hence people over 18 can buy an IF without needing a valid defence (site membership or UKARA) but are not permitted to buy a RIF.

You can take you gun to a site, wrap camo tape around it as a temporary change, then remove the tape at end of day so that the gun becomes an IF again.

Ah thank you bossman.

Do not do it.

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if

I was planning go to my local airsoft field and play with my zm51 (bright orange), but I'm under the age of 16. Just so that I'm not the biggest bait in the ocean, is it legal for me to just wrap a camo tape round it and take it of?

Archived