Assault Rifle recommendations?

JBeck
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Fairly new to the Forums, and Airsoft but am going to be able to purchase my first assault rifle in the next couple of weeks. I have found the look of the gun that I want but not too sure on how different brands are and what makes it good in terms of range and durability things like that. I mainly play outdoors so something with decent range, 98ced2e890b6e1841c94240eaaca8d1e.png

I like the look of this gun (Mainly the front Rails) but am unsure as to whether it is good it is an ASG M15 Devil 10"

I hope someone can help and give me some advice.

Thanks

• Root Admin

Welcome to the forums.

This question is asked a lot - as you can imagine, it's basically the most asked question, actually. There are a lot of threads already on it. In particular check out the pinned/stickied threads in the New Players & Arrivals subforum. You may get a more complete and quicker answer.

What's your budget?

The Specna Arms range are cracking items and great value for money. All metal construction with quick change spring system. Upgraded G&G gearboxes. Got really good reviews from everyone that has bought one. We've sold nearly 200 now and haven't had a problem with any ......touch wood.

• Supporters

The Specna Arms range are cracking items and great value for money. All metal construction with quick change spring system. Upgraded G&G gearboxes. Got really good reviews from everyone that has bought one. We've sold nearly 200 now and haven't had a problem with any ......touch wood.

Did you have to pay an advertisement fee for plugging your wares in that post?

If something has only really good reviews, doesn't that say more about the quality of the reviewers than the product? :P But for "great value for money" I would disagree with trigger's post above. Though helpfully composed, I don't think the OP is looking for commercially motivated recommendations.

WA are a great example of this, recommending G&P when I wanted G&G, I said "You can't sell me G&G?" and then promptly bought G&G at LWA.

• Supporters

I was only teasing him.

I have only handled one Specna arms gun and while it wasn't terrible I didn't find anything that would make me want to recommend it. I never trust airsofter reviews as all airsofters suffer with "this is my gun and its the bestest" syndrome.

Go to a shop and look at a few, most of the bigger manufacturers guns will be ok. Just be wary of the lesser known cheap manufacturers as thats where most of the dogs lie

Brilliant thanks for all the responses, I didn't really know where to look on the forums.

I would prefer to get a good gun first of so I don't waste my money, so expect many nooby questions coming from me in the next few weeks.

Thanks guys helped me a lot!

I was only teasing him.

In that case, I'm exceedingly glad my reply was so mild. Perhaps you should have used an emote or italics. :|

Brilliant thanks for all the responses, I didn't really know where to look on the forums.

I would prefer to get a good gun first of so I don't waste my money, so expect many nooby questions coming from me in the next few weeks.

Thanks guys helped me a lot!

Well, you don't need to spend £300 to achieve that. I'd just say buy a G&G M4 between £120 and £160. Cheap externals and cheap internals is much better than Expensive externals and unknown internals visa versa or double unknown.

Cheap does not equal bad when it comes to airsoft internals (Caveat; if its not JG or Cyma try not to buy an AEG costing under £100).

• Head Moderator

If you include your budget it would help give an idea of what you want to spend on the gun.

I would recommend Tokyo Marui guns as many other brands copy them, they have low fps so can be used at any site, solid build, decent hop units, are accurate and reliable out of the box, and no real need to upgrade them. But I am biased because I own TM and had a mid range budget to start with.

Wouldn't class Specna as cheap. £165+ for an assault rifle certainly doesn't have them at the bottom of the money pile. We supply all manor of makes and models but Specnas seem to fit the bill nicely for new starters and people who have been in the hobby a while. I'm not biased it's just going off what customers have said and the fact we haven't had a problem with any of them. That can't be said of other manufacturers we sell that cost considerably more.

Guest PT247

Wouldn't class Specna as cheap. £165+ for an assault rifle certainly doesn't have them at the bottom of the money pile. We supply all manor of makes and models but Specnas seem to fit the bill nicely for new starters and people who have been in the hobby a while. I'm not biased it's just going off what customers have said and the fact we haven't had a problem with any of them. That can't be said of other manufacturers we sell that cost considerably more.

what guns do you sell that you don't recommend out of interest? :-)

what guns do you sell that you don't recommend out of interest? :-)

50 Cal snipers. Had lots of people asking for them and told them not to bother. Internals are made of cheese and in the long run will only cause us issues when the customer returns them. We are quiet honest and tell them they are shit and recommend something else. Loosing a sale as they will no doubt buy from elsewhere .

My budget can stretch to about 300, maybe a little more, but I would also like to get some accessories like a sight a grip and a case.

• Root Admin

Yep. Spend everything you can muster on the gun and grab everything else later. The only money I'd set aside as a beginner would be for boots and eye protection.

Accessories in particular are something worth looking at second hand. Foregrips don't wear out and good optics will stay good for tens of years if not longer, so you can find some good stuff at 60% of the cost.

Already got camo, boots and face protection. I'm registered on UKARA now so just want to get my own gun, is there such thing as a good gun? Or is it the case of how you use it and that?

Are G&G a good make and easily upgraded, I'm looking at the cm16 SXL and the warthog, how would I tell if they are strong and durable or is there no way of knowing.

• Root Admin

There's such a thing as a 'bad' gun if that's what you mean. If you can do it then go for the Krytac - that's one of the best out-of-the-box M4s you can buy.

G&G make pretty good guns too, so you'd be fine with them. Some of the newer CM-16s have minor feed issues from what I've been told.

If you want to get a feel for any product you must spend the time reading and watching reviews. The longer you spend looking, the less likely you are to buy something terrible.

G&G make pretty good guns too, so you'd be fine with them. Some of the newer CM-16s have minor feed issues from what I've been told.

Yeah I've not long read about that something about the 3 round burst and the battery's not being good, I'd prefer not to have the fuss of it failing on me.

Haven't looked at the krytacs I'll do that now, any models you recommend?

Thanks for all the help!

Yeah I've not long read about that something about the 3 round burst and the battery's not being good, I'd prefer not to have the fuss of it failing on me.

In each range they are internally identical. But there are internal variances depending on the country of sale.

EDIT:

I linked them in the first reply to your thread, perhaps you should have looked already... :P

• Supporters

Thanks for all the help!

All the models are basically the same except for length. The CRB is probably the best all round version as its the mid length so works well anywhere. Spr is quite long and the PDW is great but battery space is a pain.

Mainly its just personal choice as they all perform the same.

Archived