UKAC! HAS FALLEN!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Today, April 6th, 2016 -- a date which will live in infamy -- the United Kingdom Airsoft community was suddenly and deliberately attacked by the Empire of Zukerberg

The United Kingdom Airsoft community was at peace with that fuckface and, at the solicitation of facebook, was still in conversation with its government and its emperor looking toward the maintenance of peace on the internet....but...LONG LIVE THE FORUMS!

A new one has sprang up in its place. The old group had over 8000 members. Im sure the new group will just take all the same members back but without RIF sales.

• Root Admin

Well, I guess it's time to pack up and join non-cancerous, actually helpful, functional and properly moderated forums again. Shucks, I'm really going to miss the overly-vocal and poorly spell-checked repetitive questions; the retailer spam and constant belittling of new players on UK Angsty Children.

Pity for the people there who've been banned from every decent airsoft forum already, heh.

Seriously though, I did browse there and like every airsoft gathering there was the occasional gem, but the quality of posts on there was always mostly pretty low and towards the end people tried far too often to belligerently sell things after the gun sales ban like they were 'sticking it to the man' - this is what happens.

• Head Moderator

A new one has sprang up in its place. The old group had over 8000 members. Im sure the new group will just take all the same members back but without RIF sales.

So what is it now called "Airsoft Community United Kingdom" - spliters! [thinking of a scene from The Life of Brian]

So who will be responsible for the care in the community? Is AFUK going to attract those with special needs or will they go to Z1 :unsure:

It hasn't been removed!

The group has been DISABLED.

I had this on a group I was admin on. The mods still have access to the group, and once the issue has been removed ( in this case RIF sales), they can then ask facebook to review it and reactivate the page.

Give it a week or so, it will probably be back.

UK Autograss Championship?

lol, was the first thing that came up when I searched "UKAC"

Well, I guess it's time to pack up and join non-cancerous, actually helpful, functional and properly moderated forums again. Shucks, I'm really going to miss the overly-vocal and poorly spell-checked repetitive questions; the retailer spam and constant belittling of new players on UK Angsty Children.

Pity for the people there who've been banned from every decent airsoft forum already, heh.

Seriously though, I did browse there and like every airsoft gathering there was the occasional gem, but the quality of posts on there was always mostly pretty low and towards the end people tried far too often to belligerently sell things after the gun sales ban like they were 'sticking it to the man' - this is what happens.

Some of the spelling on UKAC was atrocious

• Head Moderator

So do they allow sales of IF's?

Guest PT247

I got added to a page several times without my consent. Told the chap who added me to stop doing so, I hate auto adds, should always ask not tell.

• Moderators

Good luck explaining that distinction to the bot that bans you :)

same bot used at work to stop me viewing sites it classes as 'weapons'.....can get on gunman and patrolbase though....at least I can spend cash....

sorry took a off topic route......

Archived