Face mesh mask

shauno2502
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Mesh makes everything slightly darker which isn't much of a problem. If you get a mesh mask from a well established company that has been tested then it shouldn't break.

• Head Moderator

Vision. I find that mesh causes shadows across my sight and having less light reduces my field of vision unlike using a clear lens. Also depends on the type of mesh is used, whether square mesh (horizontal and vertical wires) or hole mesh (circles punched out of metal sheet). Personally find the normal mesh to be better for my eyesight when compared to the circle type.

They should not break, but I suppose it depends on quality of material and manufacturing.

The real advantage of using mesh is having eyepro that does not fog up.

If you type "mesh" into the search bar you will get plenty of hits and then need to spend some time reading through posts but worth the effort as some will be useful, for example:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/29260-mesh-goggles-question/?hl=mesh

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/29158-mesh-eyepro/?hl=mesh

A few disadvantages, the biggest is that BBs can fragment and make their way through the mesh. Happened on my very first airsoft game with the rental mesh masks had a fragment come in and tap me just below the eye.

In addition the vertical pattern breaks up your vision in such a way that makes tracking BBs much harder. It darkens the vision but the tracking is more problematic IMO.

They only survive a small number of strikes in the same place so you should replace them after a number of strikes.

Archived