Not a good start for a new customer

Crashtest33
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys.

Just recieved a two-tone Glock from a "popular retailer" and the inside mech is covered in red paint overspray too!!

They didn't even bother to mask it off when they took off the slide.

Should I demand a swap or refund or is this the typical slap-dash workmanship I can expect from Airsoft retailers?? 😁

• Head Moderator

Does the pistol work? Or does the paint inside on the mechanism effect its operation? If it does work then you may have difficulty returning it.

Some retailers will not take back a two tone gun, as an example, according to the Patrol Base website:

"If you decide you do not like the weapon once it is two toned THERE IS NO REFUND OR EXCHANGE! We will still warrant any repairs though providing they are mechanical faults from the factory and NOT caused by the user"

• Root Admin

From my experience with a lot of retailers you can expect this, yeh. Some of the more reputable sources will disassemble and use masking tape correctly to keep this from happening.

You need to name and shame though.

I will name and shame only if the problem doesn't get resolved.

I sent this:

Hi *****.

I recently ordered a two-tone Tokyo Marui Glock 17 gbb pistol from you and rightfully in accordance with the current sales laws you have to spray over 51% of the model with paint for sales to non-UKARA customers. This service is absolutely great and was actually paid for by myself to the value of £10.

So when I received the model, I inspected the job and was very happy (no paint on the slide etc).

However, I then removed the slide and found overspray all over the inside mechanism of the gun! On moving parts, springs, all over the hammer assembly and on the slides, the very part that is supposed to be smooth and greased!!

Basically, no masking of any type was undertaken for my £10. The slide was removed (3 secs), a stick or coat hanger was put through the trigger guard (1 sec) and then the gun was sprayed with red paint in the general direction of the grip.

This is ALL unacceptable.

For £10 I would expect (as a minimum) a ball of tissue to be placed in the magwell. Then masking tape to be placed along the slides on both sides and finally a piece to be placed over the top, sealing the mech??

What can you do about this?

1) Full return and refund and I'll shop elsewhere.

2) Return (at your expense) and do it again to another model (properly)

3) refund of my spray fee. (Not preferred)

I expect an immediate answer when you open for business tomorrow morning (Sat 9th April)

I hope we can sort this as I will NOT shop abroad as I want to support UK business.

Regards

Fire-Support had no interest in doing the spray job again for me so I'm returning it for a full refund.

Spoke with Jeremy at Wolf Armouries and he assured me it wouldn't happen with them so shopping there.

post-10936-0-22264400-1460273211_thumb.jpeg

F-S had no interest in doing the spray job again for me so I'm returning it for a full refund.

Spoke with Jeremy at Wolf Armouries and he assured me it wouldn't happen with them so shopping there.

While we all know of a company with the initials FS, perhaps you might write it in full on the off chance you're talking about another company.

While we all know of a company with the initials FS, perhaps you might write it in full on the off chance you're talking about another company.

Sorry bud. Post amended.

Ooo, how come?

I tried ZeroOne but they didn't pick up the phone. Using Rich at Eagle6 for Laylax & Marui parts.

The website is shite but Jeremy seemed pleasant enough. More importantly he promised me the gun wouldn't look like it was painted with a fire hose!

Ok. I need a TM Glock 17. Painted. With fast delivery and no paint on the inside.

Name a great, consistently reliable retailer?

• Head Moderator

Or you could wait until you complete your site membership (and obtain UKARA as well) and then buy a nice Glock pistol without any paint. Problem solved :)

Hey Jedi!

Not too fussed on the outside as I've got an olive grip already.

Just didn't really want the internals hosed down! Lol

Thanks Proffrink.

I'll wait to hear from you before I order from Wolf tomorrow.

Ordered with Adrian from WA. He was very pleasant and wanted to help. Jeremy was on Sat too so I wonder if they have had new staff since others bad experiences with them?

Anyway, for £10 they're gonna strip the lower, paint it bare and reassemble it for shipping to me by Friday.

Can't argue too much with that! Fingers crossed.

Gun arrived from WolfArmouries. Spot on.

Fully dismantled before painting so paint only on the lower.

Excellent customer service from Adrian and Jeremy.

Shame about others poor experiences with them.

Those staff have been let go.

• Root Admin

It seems they're better at sales then they are caring for customers after the fact. As was said in the other thread on them: Most retailers are more than happy to make a buck off you even if it means putting on the nice face from time-to-time. A real measure of anywhere that's selling you anything is how they treat you if something goes wrong.

• 1 month later...

A real measure of anywhere that's selling you anything is how they treat you if something goes wrong.

So, so true.

Archived