What gun without vcra

Zachariah
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have used air rifles and BB guns for a couple of years now but want to try something different. I would like either something like and ak47 or a tompson, now then I am way to old to be going skirmishing I just want something to plink in the garden etc. I am 69 any help would be great.

I have seen for sale a tompson machine gun, two tone would this be any good for garden plinking and legal?

Care to put a link to it?

To be honest, any RIF over £100 will be more then fine for garden plinking, it's just a matter of which one you want. If you wasn't focused on an AK or a Thompson I would suggest getting a combat machine.

With the AK's you would be looking at CYMA or another brand like that, again these are fine and a lot of players use these at skirmishes. Regarding the Thompson, they can be slightly more pricey, especially two toned.... However this will be fine for you as well.

I would try and purchase a RIF of off a proper airsoft site and avoid anything with the word 'bb' in it i.e. bbguns4less and justbbguns (you will end up overpaying for total rubbish).

If you see any you like, feel free to link them and I will give my personal opinion from what I know. :rolleyes:

• Head Moderator
I would try and purchase a RIF of off a proper airsoft site and avoid anything with the word 'bb' in it i.e. bbguns4less and justbbguns (you will end up overpaying for total rubbish).

To be clear on terminology, RIF is 'Realistic' and to purchase a realistic looking airsoft gun you require defence under VCRA, i.e. site membership / UKARA. A two tone gun is just an IF (Imitation Firearm) and anyone over 18 can buy one without the conditions required to buy a RIF (as per OP subject heading "without VCRA").

Definately stay away from those 'bb' websites.

• Head Moderator

Basically a two tone gun has to be have at least 51% in an unrealistic colour, i.e. bright red, orange, yellow, blue, green. By being painted it looks more like a toy gun (IF) and is not able to be confused with a gun that is realistic looking (RIF).

Basically a two tone gun has to be have at least 51% in an unrealistic colour, i.e. bright red, orange, yellow, blue, green. By being painted it looks more like a toy gun (IF) and is not able to be confused with a gun that is realistic looking (RIF).

Indeed; paint does not adhere to real guns, it just slides right off.

Archived