Looking for all ICX CXP OWNERS!

Aliveinlights
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys.

I was just wondering how many ICS CXP owners there are on this forum. Don't worry I'm not trying to buy anyone's gun lol I'm getting one new myself but knowing how potentially akward they are to upgrade/mod I was hoping to find some friendly peeps on here to chat to :) (not in this section obv)

Hey, alive, you alright?

Yeah, I own an ICS CXP, fantastic little gun, (I think there's multiple versions but) good for cqb, and I use it I'm long woodland gameplay. Not a fault so far, apart from the odd jam.

Shoot me a pm to talk or anything aha.

You may not get many replies right now, as the server just came back online after a few days of offline, some people may have not realised.

People should start flooding in soon.

I have the same ICS as Mos, mine may be the older model though I don't know :P

I got mine second hand and is a good little gun, though I've had issues with it the last couple months (hop broke just before Christmas, FPS dropped unexpectedly by about 20fps, gun jammed last game). It's definitely giving me excuses to learn how to tinker with AEGs, and I would say the split gearbox design really helps with that.

Get yours new and I doubt you'll get any of the issues I've had, pretty sure everyone else can testify to the CXP range being solid guns.

Hey Mos, I'm god thanks and you? Hey ALee! Yeah I didn't know about he servers I thought I might have been banned cus they thought I was a spam bot or something lol. It's the plastic version. Ics-160 cxp.08 I think. It was for £165 + £15 to two tone on pro airsoft supplies but I've emailed them and they've said the price has gone up now to 210 including two toning. Does this sound right or do u reckon I'm getting my pants pulled down? Any other decent sites anyone can recommend?

Yeah check fire support. Much better, and easier. should cost £180-200 + £15 two-toning + Battery and charger

I bought an ICS CXP Ape as well, my initial review of it is up in the review section, had a few snags with it. Still not managed to get out and play with it since.

Funnily enough BrightCandle I've just ordered it from them lol. Turns up next Friday. Well excited! Only issue is it comes sprayed red! Red?!? Who sprays a two tone in red?!? Needless to say I will be spraying it blue straight away so it looks a bit nicer and doesn't get me in 'Ukrara' trouble lol

• Moderators

I'll be using my uk1 on Sunday at Tuddenham 😀

Nice first AEG 😀

I bought an ICS CXP Ape as well, my initial review of it is up in the review section, had a few snags with it. Still not managed to get out and play with it since.

I read your review and that mag issue sounds like a right Arse! Mine is a Ics-160, I don't know if they suffer with the same issue though?

I read your review and that mag issue sounds like a right Arse! Mine is a Ics-160, I don't know if they suffer with the same issue though?

It shouldn't. Yours has a standard lower receiver. I run mine on MAG Midcaps and Magpul E-Mags without any problems. The MAG ones wobble a bit, but feed well and a bit of electrical tape round the top stops it anyway :)

Got this one too, no problems apart from cracking the hop unit.

Unit replaced with a metal one and feed is perfect.

Upgraded with a simple mosfet and mock silencer. Might get a longer 6.03 barrel but apart from that no futher upgrades ( though have my eye on a m203 grenade launcher... just because!)

Only gripe the battery is not super quick to change

Nice slick. How did the hop unit crack? Did you have it long before that happened? Funnily enough I was too interested in possibly getting a 6.03 mad u'll longer inner barrel (bout 100mm longer) and a short supressor to hide it. Could you tell me where you got the upgrade parts and what they were?

http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/ics-cxp-concept.html

So this is the exact model I'm gettin guys. Does anyone else have this model and does anyone know if the magazine compatibility issue is the same with this model? Just want to be sure before getting any :)

I was actually going to buy it from them but they've "apparently" gone up in price if you email them which is BS in my opinion. A company shouldn't be allowed to up a price until the website has been updated. If I hadn't have emailed them and just paid on site... I bought one from fire-support now. Gna be here next Friday! Well excited! Only issue is they ONLY two tone guns in red!? Whyyy??? Lol

• Moderators

paints paint.....red is ok :), even G&G use red on one of their limited editions now :)

Sorry posted quick on phone last night, i have the ICS CXP UK1, great little RIF, and my first. Not done anything to it yet. Didnt come with battery / charger, but got it wired for deans and picked up some lipos and charger as well, all from firesupport, went in their to look at others and came out with it. Use ICS mid and low caps so no mag issues. Not sure about what other makes to use that work well, this is the all metal version :)

Sweet mate. Mine arrives on Friday! Well excited. I've got all me attachments that I want ready n waiting to go on! :)

Nice slick. How did the hop unit crack? Did you have it long before that happened? Funnily enough I was too interested in possibly getting a 6.03 mad u'll longer inner barrel (bout 100mm longer) and a short supressor to hide it. Could you tell me where you got the upgrade parts and what they were?

Didn't buy the ics new, put about 3000 rounds through and then serviced, put a new hop spring. All of a sudden the gun became too hot to use and chrono'ed at over 360fps with 0.2g. The hop then cracked, probably too much stress caused by new spring.

Bought a new ics metal hop (ma-215) and works better than before! Used to have a few feed issues on semi but now no longer! The silencer I believe is generic 14 ccw, considering buying a tracer unit as I do skirmish in the dark. If on CQB i run an Eotech rep holo sight.

The mosfet is a basic one but I intend to get a higher spec one that allows me to lock to semi only (ie DMR scenarios) and other features such as 3 burst etc. With the DMR function I will buy a secondary upper gearbox with a higher spring rate to get me to 450 fps. I run 7.4 lipos, 2 will easily last the day but carry 3 just in case. I use an overlander balance charger (rc6-vsp) which is great use it for everything, RC cars, drones, power tools, automotive batts!

Barrel wise not really looked into it too much but as I have the silencer I can increase the length a few inches, probs get a 6.03. Currently using 0.2g BB but will start using 0.25s

So far bought my bits and bobs off AK2M4 (a member here) and Firesupport

Awesome mate. Thanks for the advice. Once I've had the gun for a bit and gotten used to it and stuff I'll def be looking into some upgrades like yourself ;)

As slick found, the standard plastic hop units on ICS guns have a habit of breaking or completely shattering. This weekend we had 3 ICS guns in bits because the hops were broken.

Fire Support sell a metal hop unit (I think it's £18 compared to £15 for the plastic one) be prepared to replace the hop with one of those at some point down the line.

ICS guns can be a bit picky with mags as well, some mags will only feed if you hold them forward so either buy ICS mags or check mags on full auto first before you buy them. I found the new metal mid/low caps from Nuprol work OK but G&G mags tend to missed.

Archived