How do!

XLRWoody
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Figured I'd better make a quick post in here to introduce myself.

I'm a 31 year old guy from the east Mids just getting into Airsoft (should be going on my first skirmish in the next couple of weeks).

I've been lurking on the forums for a couple of days but I've only made a couple of posts.

As I said above I'm very, very, very new to airsofting so you'll have to forgive me if I ask some ridiculous questions from time to time.

I'm currently putting together my kit ready for my first skirmish experience, I thought I could do this on a budget and upgrade when needed but as I'm figuring out there's no such thing as budget Airsoft... Not really anyway, I've already spend about £400 this week and I still have some bits to buy.

Anywho, gonna leave it there.

Later days.

Welcome to the forums and more importantly the sport! 😄. So what type of gear are you curently running/purchased? I'm fairly new also but have Been looking at airsoft for about 4 years and just now getting involved I.e. going skirmishing.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :) Key piece of kit is your eyepro, it is worth spending time researching and always asking questions about. Remember that the search function is your friend (although use 4 characters or more), and the sticky posts in the different sections have invaluable advice and information.

Welcome to the forums and more importantly the sport! 😄. So what type of gear are you curently running/purchased? I'm fairly new also but have Been looking at airsoft for about 4 years and just now getting involved I.e. going skirmishing.

Gun wise I bought a Umarex H&K G36c with 3 high-cap + 2 mid-cap mags, It's not a bad little thing apart from being bright red and very plastic. I also picked up a cheap ASG Glock G18c to use as a back up/ sidearm.

Apart from that I've put together some stuff to wear eg a tac vest, boots and a half balaclava that fits well when I'm wearing my goggles.

Gun wise I bought a Umarex H&K G36c with 3 high-cap + 2 mid-cap mags, It's not a bad little thing apart from being bright red and very plastic. I also picked up a cheap ASG Glock G18c to use as a back up/ sidearm.

Apart from that I've put together some stuff to wear eg a tac vest, boots and a half balaclava that fits well when I'm wearing my goggles.

I checked out the g36c online and it seems very good from what other people have said. Don't worry about it being made of plastic it's always very durable stuff that they make it from. I'm a fan of the g36c it's a nice gun. Did you know that the real version of the gun is actually mostly made of polymer the majority of the exterior anyway so In some ways your gun being plastic makes it closer to the real thing.

• Moderators

welcome, as mentioned, good comfy eye pro is a must as it can ruin your experience, i had issues with mine at different sites, different times of year etc so now run revision fan googles, not 100% but works well :) (remember these googles aren't designed for Airsofters!)....you'll wanna save for them :)

Face pro, you thought about that?, you dont wanna lose a tooth?, some people happy to not run with it, its personnel preference :)

your IF will be bright red or other as you need a defence, rules are rules :), then it can be black :)

I checked out the g36c online and it seems very good from what other people have said. Don't worry about it being made of plastic it's always very durable stuff that they make it from. I'm a fan of the g36c it's a nice gun. Did you know that the real version of the gun is actually mostly made of polymer the majority of the exterior anyway so In some ways your gun being plastic makes it closer to the real thing.

I really like it, pretty accurate over a distance plus lots of rails for mods. Obviously I have nothing to compare it to though.

welcome, as mentioned, good comfy eye pro is a must as it can ruin your experience, i had issues with mine at different sites, different times of year etc so now run revision fan googles, not 100% but works well :) (remember these googles aren't designed for Airsofters!)....you'll wanna save for them :)

Face pro, you thought about that?, you dont wanna lose a tooth?, some people happy to not run with it, its personnel preference :)

your IF will be bright red or other as you need a defence, rules are rules :), then it can be black :)

I hadn't thought about my teeth... Damn... Gone have to pick something up.

I'm pretty handy at repairing things do once I can get hold of my UKARA I can easily respray my gun however I like (Im thinking black + olive).

I hadn't thought about my teeth... Damn... Gone have to pick something up.

I'm pretty handy at repairing things do once I can get hold of my UKARA I can easily respray my gun however I like (Im thinking black + olive).

He is right about face pro I've heard it's not nice having a tooth shot out. At my local site they call it the airsofters smile 😄. Mesh masks are good but I would recommend getting a fairly small one as larger ones can prevent you getting down your sights. You also need to consider where you are playing. If your playing cqb indoors I would defineltey recommend one. If however you are playing outdoors I.e. woodland something like a sheemag or neoprene face mask will do the job just as fine and will be way more comfortable than a mesh mask.I would basically summarise it at the closer your engangment distance is the more likely a shot to the teeth will do some damage.

• Supporters

He is right about face pro I've heard it's not nice having a tooth shot out. At my local site they call it the airsofters smile 😄. Mesh masks are good but I would recommend getting a fairly small one as larger ones can prevent you getting down your sights. You also need to consider where you are playing. If your playing cqb indoors I would defineltey recommend one. If however you are playing outdoors I.e. woodland something like a sheemag or neoprene face mask will do the job just as fine and will be way more comfortable than a mesh mask.I would basically summarise it at the closer your engangment distance is the more likely a shot to the teeth will do some damage.

Distance doesn't matter. Cqb sites are generally 328fps-ish, Outdoors people can be using guns that shoot 450fps and quite often using heavier weights so the impact is just as bad. The only real difference is you will generally get hit in the face more often at cqb, usually when peeking round a corner.

As for the size of face masks you just use a scope riser to compensate so its no big deal. I use a full face mesh mask and have no issues what so ever using sights.

• Head Moderator

As for the size of face masks you just use a scope riser to compensate so its no big deal. I use a full face mesh mask and have no issues what so ever using sights.

I concur, I mainly use a Dye i4 face mask so either mount a sight on a riser to elevate the sight up to a better position or if using my scope position it forward more on the rail to get a better angle (eye relief).

Thanks for the heads up (pun absolutely intended). I'll be playing at an outdoors woodland site so cqb shouldn't be too much of an issue. At this point I'm thinking it might be a better option to ditch the half balaclava & go with a full face mask.

Distance doesn't matter. Cqb sites are generally 328fps-ish, Outdoors people can be using guns that shoot 450fps and quite often using heavier weights so the impact is just as bad. The only real difference is you will generally get hit in the face more often at cqb, usually when peeking round a corner.

Full face mesh masks are good but I have seen some lower face masks which have an extended back protector that doesent really alow you to move your head downwards comfortably or easily. In terms of not being able to get down sites I was refering to built in iron rights.

Howdy I'll be moving upto the east mids myself in june and will be a newby player , so maybe well be shooting each other at some point haha

Happy days! I'll be playing at Skirmish Mansfield.

Archived