Ideas for my ideal setup, a few questions on feasibility...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone. Firstly I'm new here so be gentle :D

I've been big into airsoft for years and I'm finally in a position time and money wise to actually start putting my ideas into play.

I saw a review on YouTube (

) for a G&G Firehawk and it sounded pretty decent but it looks like all the other m4s out there until 3min30 into the video where the guy shows it with his mods and i love the look of it! It looks perfect for cqc (apart from the outer barrel, I would have left it longer personally).

So taking from this I want to do something similar with an ICS CXP as a base for my ideal cqc gun because I don't much like the look of the firehawk .

I have searched everywhere on google but to no avail so my questions are:

The ANGEL AP10 magwell conversion:

It says on their website for m4/m16s but is this irregardless of brand? Will it fit an ics cxp?

Same with the mp5 mags that I will need to purchase, will any brand fit?

(I know this seems like an impossible question to answer so I'm hoping that someone may have already done it that may be able to give me some insight to this one).

My second question is am I going to struggle obtaining parts for this gun, both visual (outer barrel/suppressor/different stocks) and internal (for future upgrades).

Google has proved useless for me at finding many things in the form of upgrading ANY ICS gun

And because of the short name of the gun I don't think the search box on this forum likes it either because I haven't found anything.

And my last question which is hopefully just for peace of mind as I have done a fair bit of research and review reading but is there anyone here who swears by the ICS CXP for reliability and functionality of this gun or anything bad that I should be aware of?

Thanks for your time guys :)

• Supporters

Am not a fan of the finish on rhe ics guns. Have you considered the Krytac PDW?

Absolutely nothing wrong with the finish on ICS guns they are pretty much perfect.

Would agree with going for the Krytac PDW if you want a stubby M4 style gun though.

Edit; actually scratch that Krytac should be boycotted until they fit all UK guns with the same spec motor as the US ones.

The krytac is nice but I prefer the overall look of the cxp and given the price difference I wouldn't really want to pay the extra to decide I liked the stock cxp more

Guest PT247

Absolutely nothing wrong with the finish on ICS guns they are pretty much perfect.

Would agree with going for the Krytac PDW if you want a stubby M4 style gun though.

Edit; actually scratch that Krytac should be boycotted until they fit all UK guns with the same spec motor as the US ones.

If you like the finish then that is cool but personally I think it looks nasty onvthe new ics guns I've played with in my local shop.

• Supporters

It isn't the look of the FireHawk but friggin' noise of the f*cker that makes it a head turner
But it gets on ya own nerves in a echo cqb environment

Not a bad gun for close cqb
The FFR would be nice but ETU let's it down
Short Raider might be a good stop gap
Or as a good all rounder the CM18 is damn sexy

To be honest G&G or ICS starters to mid range

Oh for what it's worth, the 30k Krytac is nice but there are better motors out there - might be flogging mine if anyone wants one...

Go for a gun YOU like, it is your money
As for mods, it is up to you but to me if you want a longer barrel gun, then buy one rather than ruin stubby's with a stfu barrel/suppressor that just looks wrong

Oh and please ffs don't get the HC05 DSG Firehawk
No semi crap performance for DSG and won't be able to use it for cqb if semi only coz you only got full auto

Trust me - do not get one, think most places have stopped selling these models coz they are not ideal guns for cqb
Last one I got for £100 coz for cqb it is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike !!!!
(luv BrickTop's dialogue)

ps - the guy in the vid is a nob what he did to the FH - fixed stubby M4 stock is really all you need and maybe another flash hider

or stubby suppresor if the thing gets on ya nerves...

To pi$$ball about like the guy did - ruined it and waste of time/money but that is just my take on it

Thanks for the replies guys. Just to clarify though I'm not really unsure of what gun I want, I do like everything about the ics cxp. I was more asking about if there are any real people (rather than just online review) that can give me solid feedback on if there are any major bad points to this model so I should steer clear, if not then that will definitely be the gun I'll choose just because it's the one that jumps out at me both in specs and appearance and I have spent ALOT of time looking lol. I'm mainly concerned about the Angel custom ap10 conversion Incase I buy it and it doesn't fit or fits but is a bit dodgy on this particular model. Thanks to everyone for their replies though. It's great to know people out there do care :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.