Fog Tech Wipes, price query.

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't actually know what forum to post this in. :S

At the forum meet game at the mall, another user very kindly gave me some anti fog wipes to use on my goggles after I had crappy vision in the first game, they worked great and ive used one at every game since. Though at my last game, I think I failed to clean the goggles between games and they didn't work very well at all, kept the fog at bay, but vision was greatly impaired.

Anyhoo, I've only one left, and I don't know how much I should pay for more. I'm sure there's better and cheaper options, theres a few threads on it here, but I've found a product that works for me.

I've sent this user a PM but they've not seen it though they've been online several times.

Sadly I found that unlike for their designed purpose they're only good for 1 day of airsoft. But even at £1.10 each it's acceptable cost for consumables and being able to use goggles. I've no idea how these will hold up in summer, but on cold days they worked out great.

How much should I pay for these?

Should I consider alternatives.

I paid about £1 a wipe for mine as well when I tested them and it seems to about what they cost. I would love to find a bottle of liquid that performs as well as the Revision locust wipes but I haven't found one yet and the wipes are pretty expensive comparatively. Fog wipes perform in my googles slightly worse than the Revision wipes but both are by far the best I have found, I just haven't found a bottle that performs as well or wipes that don't cost quite a bit. Its not terrible for a day of skirmishing and I too find they don't survive past the end of a day.

Guest PT247

I use the bottle, it comes with a couple of bits of cloth and costs around £16 iirc, get way more than 16 applications so is far better value than one use wipes. Is by far the best anti-fog I have used but it does require applying twice per game day.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOGTECH-ANTI-FOGGING-SOLUTION-IDEAL-FOR-SPORTS-GLASSES-GOLF-PAINTBALL-ETC-/401031968813?hash=item5d5f5e382d

I use the bottle, it comes with a couple of bits of cloth and costs around £16 iirc, get way more than 16 applications so is far better value than one use wipes. Is by far the best anti-fog I have used but it does require applying twice per game day.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOGTECH-ANTI-FOGGING-SOLUTION-IDEAL-FOR-SPORTS-GLASSES-GOLF-PAINTBALL-ETC-/401031968813?hash=item5d5f5e382d

How do you clean between applications?

I have a bottle of the Fogtech liquid that I bought about 7 years ago from Airsoft World. I came with a couple of pads and I have used them ever since and the bottle is still only about half used. You really only need one or two drops on the pad to have it effective, although it is a good idea to use lens cleaner on your goggles or glasses after every game. You will still get a bit of condensation on the lenses at times, but it will tend to ball up and run to the bottom of the lens, so you can still see reasonably well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

i used the revision ones on my googles the other day, says upto 25 uses....but its dry quickly.

Even with the fan on and thermal lens, i still had issues, just needed to move more to allow air flow, but did wipe for the afternoon session and they helped

Let me know how you get on Sacarathe with the shopping and prices as I cant afford to keep buying the Revision ones but the wipes you posted seem fine to give you a better days play :)

We should really get a stickied topic with this advice in as more of us try these out.....

• Moderators

cool, cheers.

I'll go get some wipes and give them a go:)

have a 'OCD' wife, she likes cleaning haha, i'll leave them on the kitchen worktop :)

Archived