Gas escaping from TM Glock 18c magazine

mistikempire

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone, i have a TM glock 18c which i have recently purchased and havent had a single chance to use yet.

It came with both normal size mag and an extended one.

I tried filling both up, however both are not retaining the gas, as its escaping straight away.

I have tried applying silicone spray, i have tried tightening the valve on both magazines however no change whatsover.

And im not sure what else to do, is it the Gas im using? (Red bottle) however this works perfectly fine with my TM hi capa 5.1

• Root Admin

Is it new? Return the magazines.

Any idea where the gas is venting from? Where you fill it or closer to the top? Get a bowl of water, fill it, then drop the magazine in it after you've filled it and observe where the bubbles are if you're having trouble locating the leak.

Sounds like you're using Nuprol 3. Should be fine to use.

Is it new? Return the magazines.

Any idea where the gas is venting from? Where you fill it or closer to the top? Get a bowl of water, fill it, then drop the magazine in it after you've filled it and observe where the bubbles are if you're having trouble locating the leak.

Sounds like you're using Nuprol 3. Should be fine to use.

Hi yes if is escaping from the valve from which you fill it up from.

It was second hand but was in good conditon it said and from a forum member whos been helpful and told me to apply silicone spray and make sure the valve is tightened, however no luck.

• Root Admin

I mean I know it's obvious and I know you already own a Hi-Capa so sorry for saying this but firstly: Are you holding the magazine upside down when you fill it? Secondly, are you aware that TM guns don't have a silent fill valve and that the gas will escape a fair bit as you fill it?

Further to the second question: Are you absolutely sure that all the gas is escaping from the magazine and isn't just spurting up around the fill valve a little as is the design of the TM pistol magazines? Have you filled it for a good 3 seconds, left it to stand for 30 seconds, then pressed the output valve to see if there's any left in there?

If we've ruled those out then the first thing I'd do is make sure the threads of the fill valve aren't the problem. Use some Teflon/PTFE tape and do two/three wraps around the threads of the fill valve itself (remove it using a flat head screwdriver) before reinserting. You should also apply lube to the o-ring that sits on the fill valve exterior too. Do the same test as above once this is complete.

If that's still not fixed the issue for you then lubing your fill valve on a TM gun is done by removing it once more and then unscrewing the two parts of the fill valve where there's a small visible join along the cylinder that protrudes into the magazine. In there you'll find a very small o-ring and a small spring. Take the o-rings out and leave in silicone over night to soak (spray them a good few times and leave them in the cap or something) before reassembling. You should also soak the exterior o-ring that was mentioned above. Again, do the same test in the morning/afternoon of tomorrow.

If that's still not working then buy a rebuild kit and replace the exterior o-rings with new ones: http://www.leesprecision.com/collections/frontpage/products/o-ring-repair-kit-for-tokyo-marui-pistol-magazines

If that's not working then you need to buy new fill valves.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.