M4 or G36c

paulcotton
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

AR-15 hands down.

• Supporters

The M4 is the most common gun, the g36 is about the third. :)

Internally, ergonomicaly they are about the same (not. the G36 is better as it is v3 but within the UK's limits it doesn't matter really).

So get the one that you like better.

Inspiration = for me, something a little different to the norm!

How about a LR-300?

I own both an M4 (Stubby Variant I'm modding to be an all-rounder) and a G36c;

Love them both, but I've always got on better with the M4.

Just the little things - I find M4 mags more user friendly (shape etc - not the actual mags being better).

The adjustable stock is useful - not an All-or-Nothing like with the '36.

Also found getting into it to sort internals is easier on an M4. Parts (tend to) be easier to get hold of.

G36' variants are nice - but M-series seem to have a LOT more custom options for them.

Everyone you'll play with will have an M4 variant - so if your really suck someone can throw you a spare mag.

Good luck finding someone else on your team with a G36 Mags ;-)

• Moderators

M4 as i have one and one similar, common, but i like to be common but always wanted one for 10+many years :)....M16 as well but that can wait

now make, its upto you, sure we will see a topic :)

but I do like the G36 so its really upto you

• Supporters

I'm starting out and stuck in choosing between an M4 or G36c I'm looking for any inspiration help please!

Pouches are easier to find for M4 mags...

Starting I would say M4 just because parts, Mags and mag pouches are easier to find, plus as above they a common so someone can always chuck you spare Mag if needed and the information you can find around them is unbelievable.

that being said go for what you like or customise add attachments until you get it the way you like

• Supporters

You are right about M4 mags are easier to handle. But. You can clip the g36 mags together and mag change is just a second. Then when you have time, you detach the empty mag, and attach a full on the other side, so the 1 second mag change is ready again. And that's built in. That's the reason there are those clips, that make handling them more complicated.

It all comes down to your preferences really.

Don't forget you can buy an M4 mag adaptor for the G36 for a tenner if you really think the mags are that big of an issue. I've had 4 G36s (SRC, JG, KWA and currently a Marui) over 6 years and personally never had an issue with mag storage. (One G36 mag fits in a double M4 pouch).

Anyway if you like the idea of an M16, but want to do CQB as well perhaps you could look into having a spare upper receiver so you can swap out depending where you are playing?

I've got a JG G36c and it's taken some serious abuse without any issues. Been taken apart and rebuilt a few times, been dropped down a flight of stairs and had thousands of rounds through. Faultless with all the use it had.

Recently the trigger has stuck, but this could be down to being stored in a dusty loft the last 3yrs and not gettig the tlc it needs

I've got a JG G36c and it's taken some serious abuse without any issues.

Thats good to know the JG ones are inexpensive on taiwangun so I was hoping someone would say that :D

Which do you prefer the look of?

Go for that one then.

Thats good to know the JG ones are inexpensive on taiwangun so I was hoping someone would say that :D

Taiwangun sell the 608-6 which comes ready with the m4 mag adapter and has a crane style retracting stock

• Supporters

You will very likely get the 3 main guns in the end....

(kiss your wallet goodbye I'm afraid)

M4 - AK - G36

And it doesn't matter what any of us say - heck even if you own all 3 main types

it will not be until you start using them that YOU and you alone can decide which type you prefer

Sure we can say this or that, yup you can hold one heck even hire one though an abused hire G36 doesn't compare to your own new-ish looked after G36

I like the m4 as it is just easy to pick up and use - fire select easy to flick through

AK's very popular and can kick ar$e too - can't get on with fire selector like m4 myself

G36c - perfect for lefties with ambi fire select - folding stock when entering tight areas

(they are all very good airsoft guns, it really is just a personal choice - they all shoot bb's)

But those are just my take on these guns

I know you didn't list AK - but you will be thinking about it at some point in time

M4 is a safe bet but if you choose M4 then you got a major headache of what type/style

but just get one with some rails space perhaps and maybe about a 300 +/- 50mm barrel

(rather than a short stubby or a great big stfu long barrel mofo)

My G36 is an old model - bought it about 7-8yrs ago, when all the Cheapsoft Clones were reasonably new. I'm not sure how new JG gear is.

One would assume their stuff is getting better as the company grows older ... but it would be best to speak to a current JG user.

Out of those 4 what was the best/worse I have been eyeing up G36s :)

The TM is probably my favourite but I got it used off of either this forum or another (don't remember) so it saved me a bunch of money in that regard. However the JG G36c was most definitely one of the best bang for buck guns I've ever owned second only to a CYMA AK47. Just be aware that you'll need to get it downgraded as they typically come in at 370-400 fps. Taiwan gun do downgrades for free though so shouldn't be too much of an issue if you tell them how much you'd like it to fire.

The KWA was my first airsoft gun ever and is built like a tank but performance was a bit terrible for the asking price. SRC was my dads own gun, it's a bit meh. not too bad but again, for the money you'd be better off with a JG.

Archived