Mall 11th of June

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Blimey....

Just noticed all them pyro's peeps, is it worth bringing any bb's or guns. Maybe earplugs but wtf, are we trying to demolish the Mall on last game or something ???

Be a bit of a pi$$er if ya thinking of playing Sunday and nowt left.

Bring on the fun times

Its only a 150ish bang sticks.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Head Moderator

Just noticed all them pyro's peeps, is it worth bringing any bb's or guns. Maybe earplugs but wtf, are we trying to demolish the Mall on last game or something ???

Did you not get the memo about the non-gun game? Pyro and knife kills only :ph34r:.

150 bangs is only 6 per person on average, I may have to increase my order to maintain a 3:1 ratio B)

Pyro and pig kills only. Might have to bring out the nerf gun this time I left in my bag at the last game.

Quick question for you trigger as you seem to know the mall guys well.

For the TRMR, are the flash rounds allowed at here? I imagine they are, but wanted to check before I invest :)

• Supporters

Quick question for you trigger as you seem to know the mall guys well.

For the TRMR, are the flash rounds allowed at here? I imagine they are, but wanted to check before I invest :)

Not got a scooby doo but have emailed to ask. Cant see why not as they are only like a MK5.

Not got a scooby doo but have emailed to ask. Cant see why not as they are only like a MK5.

very true and they have the same dB as a .209 apparently

Think you might be out of luck with those Hef. At least, I've never heard them mentioned in the 'what's allowed' list.

Just watched a video and they do seem pretty meaty.

See what response Trigger gets obviously.

• Head Moderator

I like the idea of the mag-flash, at least you can see the bright flash when the grenade detonates even if you cannot hear it. The reason I like Mk5 is the sound but the fizzing does give you a chance to duck into cover. With the TRMR little chance to avoid it but too often they are not loud enough, so a flash is a bonus.

Think you might be out of luck with those Hef. At least, I've never heard them mentioned in the 'what's allowed' list.

But also not in the "Not allowed" list :)

There's hope lol

• Supporters

You might be right but I have never heard them mention them there either way. The flash mag is a weird one because the first demo ones were nuts but the newer ones are comparable to a mk5. MK5's can actually be the worst thing as they are mass produced so sometimes you get some bad ones. I have lost count of the times I have ended up walking out of somewhere slapping myself in the side of my head because an extra loud one has gone off and sent my hearing wonky.

• Head Moderator

A bad Mk5 that is loud is no problem, I hate the bad ones that light and fizz and then fail to explode.

Sorry no they are a fire risk apparently.

Doh, I'll hold of on the TRMR for now then :(

Doh, I'll hold of on the TRMR for now then :(

Did you buy one? I'll be bringing one along, good to know magflash is out, I didn't buy any. :)

Hopefully I won't get the 15% no ignition that I received last time, had three times it failed to go off (the pin punched the primers).

Did you buy one? I'll be bringing one along, good to know magflash is out, I didn't buy any. :)

Hopefully I won't get the 15% no ignition that I received last time, had three times it failed to go off (the pin punched the primers).

I was going to get one from JD as I've got a 10% off, but only really interested for the flash's.

I don't think any indoor site would allow mag flash rounds. I have seen one go off indoors as a test and it was intense, so say the least. I find the 209 primers are ample or the 9mms are even better but more pricey.

If you go here, I have linked a picture of the aftermath of a Mag flash round in a TRMR - http://postimg.org/image/isfcurav5/

@ Hef Leg - do you have a TRMR already or thinking of getting one?

A bad Mk5 that is loud is no problem, I hate the bad ones that light and fizz and then fail to explode.

I used to work for Enola Gaye's sister company and a lot of their products had varying quantities going into each one, and the timers were not an exact science either. I am not sure if this still the case but the MK5's use to have their own little quirks ;) . I have still got my MK's from the last time we played there.

I was going to get one from JD as I've got a 10% off, but only really interested for the flash's.

If you've not had a chance to use one, i'm sure you can give it a wiz during chrono or a game, i'll not be using pyro so I kinda need it, though impact is kind of different to pyro, so it should be useful.

If you've not had a chance to use one, i'm sure you can give it a wiz during chrono or a game, i'll not be using pyro so I kinda need it, though impact is kind of different to pyro, so it should be useful.

I owned one of the original TRMR's when they came out, I actually won it in a raffle. I ended up getting rid of it as I wasn't using it and only played outside at the time.

Was just thinking of getting another, still have 95 primers sitting around somewhere lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Head Moderator

Novotel booked. Confirmed place for the Sunday open game as well. All coming together. I just need to sort out a place to meet and eat pre-game on Saturday.

Any idea on food yet?

Might need a volunteer to wheel me round on a sack truck, Hannibal Lecter style.

Complete with gimp mask?

Sounds like a plan.

Now all we need is duck tape, lube and a rubber chicken..........or Duck

Archived