TM Glock GBB parts

Crashtest33
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi.

Need a decent side arm and love using pistols.

I've ordered a TM Glock and wanted to know what you thought of these upgrades. These are all for performance not looks (apart from the outer barrel). Stock slide for lightness of recoil and longevity.

Guarder

Glock Frame (olive) GD-GLOCK-100(OD)

Steel Mag Catch GD-PT-GLOCK-13

Aluminium Gold Outer Barrel GD-GLOCK-90(GD)

Stainless Outer Barrel GD-GLOCK-22(SV)

PDI

Piston Head PDI-PT-PH-G17

Hop Rubber PDI-PT-TM-VSR

Inner Barrel PDI-PT-IB-601-TMG17

UAE

Loading Nozzle UAC-TM-00031

Match Hammer & Sear UAC-TM-00037

Match Stainless Trigger Lever UAC-TM-00040

Ultralight Blowback Housing UAC-TM-0003

Fiber Optic Sight Set. UAC-TM-00027

Hammer Spring UAC-TM-00083

• Root Admin

This is your bible now: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=140496 - read it all, not just the OP.

Guarder:
Make sure the frame is the 2013 updated version. Fill in the front void with epoxy just to the rear of the front screw post. Will add many thousands more shots of life to your frame before it implodes.
Don't use a steel outer barrel or it'll eat your slide in no time.

PDI
Don't fiddle with loading nozzle or piston heads as this is a key area where mixing brands can mess things up - the TM one is fine until it breaks anyway.
Use a Nineball/laylax purple bucking, not the PDI VSR bucking as the PDI one is their 'W hold design' that's not brilliant for air seal, but is pretty accurate.
Inner barrel seems good

UAC
Don't bother with a new loading nozzle until your TM one breaks.
Don't bother with a light blowback housing - UAC don't make amazing ones anyway and they have a negligible performance increase.
Hammer looks fine but again I wouldn't bother buying one until your current one breaks.
Hammer spring seems fine.

You need to shop around and you absolutely may need to look to Europe or Asia to get the best parts available. Don't rely on just Firesupport as no single retailer will ever have the range you need. Put more time into researching this as a lot of upgrades aren't going to be cheap - the longer you look the less likely you are to buy something bad.

A good place for your Guarder stuff is http://www.rainbow8.com/ - maybe put some money into one of their aluminium slides if you're going with a metal outer barrel, but be sure to buy a 150% recoil spring and guide to go with it.

A final good upgrade is the Nineball/Laylax/First Factory 'gas routers' that you can find here: http://asiaairsoft.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=7226 - they should give you around an extra 10ft/s over the stock ones and worth slightly better in the winter. You will need one for each magazine.

I did read that article thoroughly and found it very comprehensive. The only issue with it is that it's 5 years old. Is it not out of date?

I'm happy with using the stock outer barrel if a stainless one will wear out the slide as you've said.

From experience, every other engineering industry I have knowledge of, reduce weight/add lightness. Especially of moving parts. I have no care for a bigger 'kick'.

The TM blowback housing is strong and light enough you think?

I was gonna drill out the TM plastic slide to make it lighter still, tbh.

• Root Admin

They update it all the time. The pictures have changed since I saw a couple of months ago: 'Last edited by e-luder; February 12th, 2016'

An aluminium barrel is fine. If you want light weight then maybe check out the Nineball plastic ones which work alright, but you aren't going to notice a difference - especially on a G17. Wouldn't drill out the slide. Again, you won't notice a difference. We're talking fractions of fractions of seconds on a slide that already reciprocates faster than you can pull a trigger anyway.

Ok, cool. Thanks!

So the gun will fire as fast as it can with standard TM internals?

No lightweight stuff needed?

• Root Admin

Unless you're a competitive shooter you're not going to be able to fire quicker than it does, no :) Maybe later down the line once you've got the motor skills in place you could pour some money into it but I simply wouldn't bother right now. Don't take my word for it though - try for yourself and see!

Groovy.

How's this list then? Apart from one hell of a lot cheaper.

Keith from MLEMart is trying to find me a Detonator BTC hybrid slide kit in the back of a closet somewhere so I'm waiting on a slide.

Guarder

PDI

UAE

Laylax/Nineball

Hopbucking NB-PT-TMSCP

Mag Seal/Packing NB-PT-TM-GLK-SR

• Supporters

if you're after reliability and durability from a TM glock, change the trigger bar out for the guarder one and fit some upgrade sights. Everything else will keep on trucking for literally thousands of shots even on propane unless you regularly play in 40C heat.

• Root Admin

Groovy.

How's this list then? Apart from one hell of a lot cheaper.

Keith from MLEMart is trying to find me a Detonator BTC hybrid slide kit in the back of a closet somewhere so I'm waiting on a slide.

Guarder

PDI

UAE

Laylax/Nineball

Hopbucking NB-PT-TMSCP

Mag Seal/Packing NB-PT-TM-GLK-SR

Looks good to me. Like jcheesesays: TM Glocks are quite reliable out of the box, but the bucking, gas router and barrel will give you some degree of performance upgrades. Everything else is aesthetic or very minor (not that that stops us).

The trigger bar can be a good shout though - Rainbow8 stock them quite cheap AFAIK.

Cool. Got the trigger bar on the list.

"Match Stainless Trigger Lever UAC-TM-00040"

Just the UAC stainless version.

Rainbow8 is a US site isn't it? Plus, Frank at F-S is a top bloke! Customer care goes a loooooong way for me.

Just out of interest, how and where would an Aluminium outer barrel wear out the stock slide?

• Supporters

Everywhere the barrel touches the slide. Both at the breech and muzzle area it'll wear the plastic away.

Eventually your slide will get so loose it doesn't hold the barrel properly and you'll be wanting a new slide. An aftermarket barrel will also lower the efficiency of the gun as a whole, plastic on plastic is a lot smoother than plastic on metal.

• Root Admin

Just out of interest, how and where would an Aluminium outer barrel wear out the stock slide?

Yerp, that aluminium will still win versus your plastic. Was more forward planning for perhaps getting one of the Guarder 7075 slides which are fairly light and can get one comparable performance to the stock ones with the correct spring and propane or a decent green gas (obviously at the cost of slightly higher consumption). If you can do without a flashy outer barrel though you should certainly keep it stock.

Rinabow8 is in Hong Kong. UK retailers are good but they will never stock everything.

Cheers Cheesemeister.

Plastic on plastic it is (to start with)

I'll get my stuff ordered tomorrow.

Is there any difference in performance or longevity between the PDI Raven 6.01 and the KM 6.01 electroplated brass barrels?

• Root Admin

I'd trust PDI more than I would KM, but I wouldn't imagine so. If you can afford it then spring for the PDI 6.01 steel one though as they do age a bit better. In a pistol though you're not going to notice much of a difference.

Cool. Ordered my parts. Just waiting for a UAC hammer spring and stainless trigger lever to get in stock.

Exciting times.

I may have used Rainbow8 for a few bits 🙄

Gonna wait until the right slide and barrel comes along. Scouring Pacific-Asia for a B.T.C Hybrid.

Just to give a bit more poke opening the gas valve when using Propane on a hot day. Read on here that it can be an issue??

• Root Admin

Yep, pretty well documented on the Airsoft Canada thread too as being an issue - short stroking then the entire magazine venting because the hammer isn't reset. A worthwhile upgrade for sure but certainly more of an issue with the metal slides where you're more likely to get the short stroke and vent issue.

Archived