Little Things That Annoy You In Airsoft

GeneralKimbo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What really annoys me is when you buy a second hand gun and it pretty much breaks after 5 minutes, this has happened recently with the sniper rifle i bought.

No skirmish sites beings close enough to get to without being up at silly o'clock..god i'm so not a morning person XD

• Head Moderator

When you buy heavy weight bbs that are not reflective enough to trace with your upgrade sniper.

Use tracer, should be able to follow those all the way to target :P

No skirmish sites beings close enough to get to without being up at silly o'clock..god i'm so not a morning person XD

this, i also gotta wait til november before i can start driving, (if i pass the test) and i live about 45 mins away from the "local" which as my dad's car does like 20mpg max equals a lot of begging and jobs to get there, which is really fucking annoying lol

Oooo....I've got one. Minor annoyance, and a really pedantic one at that.

When people put 'O.N.O.' on their sale threads. A lot of people don't seem to realise that 'O.N.O.' means 'Or nearest offer', which means the closest offer to the asking price should be taken. So when someone asks for £300, and the only offer is £100, that's the nearest offer. But of course, no-one would accept that. Really pedantic, but it sort of irks me when people put 'O.N.O.', but what they actually mean is 'will accept £10 less than the asking price if no-one else is interested'.

Not even an airsoft annoyance really, more of a general english one :P

• Head Moderator

It is English! :lol:

Oooo....I've got one. Minor annoyance, and a really pedantic one at that.

When people put 'O.N.O.' on their sale threads. A lot of people don't seem to realise that 'O.N.O.' means 'Or nearest offer', which means the closest offer to the asking price should be taken. So when someone asks for £300, and the only offer is £100, that's the nearest offer. But of course, no-one would accept that. Really pedantic, but it sort of irks me when people put 'O.N.O.', but what they actually mean is 'will accept £10 less than the asking price if no-one else is interested'.

I always understood O.N.O. to mean "or near offer". It's not an auction, you know...

People who always insist on others having the "right" kit all the time.

If you want to put money into making an accurate MilSim Loadout or whatever, then cool beans. I can see that when time, effort and money goes into it - it can be brilliant

But, don't criticise me because "you really should be wearing US Colours if your going to use an M4" or if I'm wearing the "wrong vest and should use PLCE or Osprey it you want to wear DPM".

Seriously, it's just a game!!

• Moderators

Twice19, you were right though, it is just a game :)

some people do over dress and then don't play when they get there, Trigs had this mentioned before in one of his topics, i dress for comfort when playing and ease of use and because i have it i guess and its useful, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it :)..........(just don't tell the wife!)

right off to look for a radio ;)

• Supporters

Or, people who are just polite!

No they are groupies. The people who always jump to the front in briefings hoping the marshall picks them for something. They hang around in the safezone in the areas most likely to lead to conversations with the marshalls.

The ones who have been playing a site for years and think they are somehow different to every one else because they play every week at the same site (because they dont have a real life).

They will be facebook friends with as many marshalls as will except the request. They will also try and name drop the marshalls because they like people to know they are bestest friends.

When the marshall cracks a joke about something that happened they will always try to back them up with the all knowing head nod or shake. During the briefings when people are talking they will always try to help the marshall out with a nice loud "be quiet" shout because although they are not on the payroll they want everyone to see them as a figure of authority because they have the marshalls back.

I am not saying you can't be friendly towards a marshall and have the occasional chat but try to remember they are just doing a job and that isn't being your bestest airsoft snuggle buddy.

To the marshalls who do get too matey with players please stop because its a conflict of interest.

To the players who fit the above description you are sad, pathetic, sycophantic tw*ts.

• Supporters

To the players who fit the above description you are sad, pathetic, sycophantic twats.

Wow. You need to talk about this with someone. That's some serious emotional hurt there. I'm not being sarcastic now.

• Supporters

Wow. You need to talk about this with someone. That's some serious emotional hurt there. I'm not being sarcastic now.

No I don't I just hate people who kiss arse. Its one of the worst parts of the human condition.

Be yourself and treat everyone fair but try to get by in life by your own merit not by cosying up to people who you perceive to be powerful to try to increase your own status is the way it should be.

History is full of little toady people who were generally weak pathetic individuals who got some power this way and abused it.

Go into most companies and you will find someone who is a a rodent but is doing well because he knows which cheek to kiss at the right moment.

Its not serious emotional hurt its just general disgust for the way some people act. People who act like that are totally untrustworthy. Give me an honest b*stard over a sly one any day.

To the players who fit the above description you are sad, pathetic, sycophantic twats.

I'm with Samurai on this one. Something non-airsoft related here!

I get annoyed by people using 'foul or obscene language' on airsoft forums, despite the forum rules stating: "Breaking the following rules will result in an immediate IP ban, deletion of account and removal of all posts and topics."

I suppose they assume they can get away with it because they have several thousand posts and are 'in' with the moderators. Hypocrisy at it's finest!

Cheers.

• Root Admin

I'll admit that I didn't even know that was a rule and that I'm probably one of the worst offenders - like most people I've not actually read them, which isn't something I'm too proud of but it's the truth for a lot of us I suspect. Figured the silliness of not being able to swear was something not carried over from the pedantic forums like ZeroIn when they've even censored on here with a little asterisk to make it a bit more child friendly. I know it's one of the reasons why I enjoy some of the post here because people can speak their minds. That's besides the point I suppose if it's in the rules.

I would say that you could just PM someone or maybe speak to the mods rather than a thinly-veiled post on a thread that's meant to be airsoft-related rather than specifically this forum-related but hey I guess you've got the point across now.

Maybe the mods agree or maybe I've just been lucky? Either way, probably best to stop until that's changed. Should maybe look to getting it changed though because it's a bit of a silly rule to have with such a hobby as this imo. Anyone who's played knows that there's basically no holding back when it comes to language. Also, what do we define as 'obscene and foul'? Bum, butt, ass, arse, arsehole? Where do you draw the line if it's all in good fun most of the time? I'd like to think the mods just have the discretion to calm things down a bit when people are hurling abuse at each other, but that it's left alone if it's more to do with something outside of the forums themselves like a product or indiscriminatingly picking out a concept or idea. That would be the clever way of doing it, and our mods actually for the most part know what they're doing on here - that's partially what makes this place so attractive compared to overly-moderated places like ZeroIn and some Facebook groups.

I do feel it's unfair to say the mods are chummy with anyone on here. I've not seen them ban new members or longer-term members alike for swearing. To say they get cosy in the same way as some marshals do with players is pretty insulting to the way they handle the forums. Which I, again, think is part of the reason why AFUK has lived through the period where most other UK airsoft forums have died due to lack of membership. Right now you have Arnies, ZeroIn and AFUK - that's not entirely down to chance.

guidelines.jpg

• Supporters

I'm with Samurai on this one. Something non-airsoft related here!

I get annoyed by people using 'foul or obscene language' on airsoft forums, despite the forum rules stating: "Breaking the following rules will result in an immediate IP ban, deletion of account and removal of all posts and topics."

I suppose they assume they can get away with it because they have several thousand posts and are 'in' with the moderators. Hypocrisy at it's finest!

Cheers.

Actually its totally airsoft related. Forums are full of people who complain about favouritism and how a lot of the marshalls so called mates are often the worst sort of players for cheating.

Sorry for the naughty word but it usually automatically censors swear words and I didn't realise it hadn't. I have changed it now to keep you happy.

I don't expect to be able to break the rules because the mods are my mates because they are not. I have never shared a beer or even know what they look like.

Unless Monty pic is real then he's a really odd looking f*cker. If the mods take exception to my posts and remove them I won't cry about it.

I apologise again for my use of language in my offensive post but I stand by what I said and do believe that the only people who will be offended are those that have had a nerve touched.

By the way my couple (not several) of thousand posts are mostly about helping people or trying to set up a meet (which is so much fun) for the benefit of others so I dont really care if the odd one rubs someone up the wrong way.

Edit; I just thought if I get banned I have everybodies money and no way to be contacted BONUS 😂

Archived