Little Things That Annoy You In Airsoft

GeneralKimbo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators

i just grab a box from loft, it will either be AU, FG, Camogrom, Digi woodland or ACU, which ever is the nearest at the time as its usually only a pair of trousers that's camo for gunman games......spend time sneaking around the buildings and running through woods.....so camo is of little use to be honest, i just like the pockets in the combats! lol :D:D:D:D

people can hide just as well at some sites in a pair of jeans, a white top and a strategically placed bush and pick you off :),

like i said im there to get my monies worth by shooting people and getting shot back : :D:D:D:lol:

not sure why i had to reply twice....one of those days at work!!!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only been playing airsoft since September/October time, so I'm still very very new.

But my biggest grievance at games (same 2-3 people every time) that scream for everyone to move up whilst they sit 25 metres back from the rest of the team and proceed to stay there until he needs to respawn and it's everyone else's fault.

I'm a new player.

Let me find a way to play that suits me, not the way that suits you.

That being said, last game day, one of these charming individuals had been effing and ceeing at us newbies all day, if he got hit, it's our fault for not working as a team. If he couldn't hit someone, it's because "they moved since we were shooting at them".

Ended up spawning in, and as I was running, I did accidentally drop a smoke from my pouch not far from him (it didn't ignite don't worry), it simply fell and rolled, picked it back up and I cracked on.

Walking back to the safe zone after the game has been finished, guy decides to full auto me on the back of the head (which was not fun In the slightest) for a good couple of seconds from behind.

His reason? Along the lines of "All the effing hires just turn up here and make us lose the game because they don't know this or that. If it wasn't for marshals I'd be doing *insert graphic threats here*.

I did however give him the opportunity to be a man of his words, but he did reject.

At the short distance we play at every camo stands out unless you spend the entire game stationary in a bush. Multicam stands out like a sore thumb in woodland to but most people wear it these days, and it's nice to see people wear something different like the desert camo etc. Part of the reason why I wear digital is because so few others do.

Digital here too! All pouches and helmet matching :D

Only been playing airsoft since September/October time, so I'm still very very new.

But my biggest grievance at games (same 2-3 people every time) that scream for everyone to move up whilst they sit 25 metres back from the rest of the team and proceed to stay there until he needs to respawn and it's everyone else's fault.

I'm a new player.

That being said, last game day, one of these charming individuals had been effing and ceeing at us newbies all day, if he got hit, it's our fault for not working as a team. If he couldn't hit someone, it's because "they moved since we were shooting at them".

Ended up spawning in, and as I was running, I did accidentally drop a smoke from my pouch not far from him (it didn't ignite don't worry), it simply fell and rolled, picked it back up and I cracked on.

Walking back to the safe zone after the game has been finished, guy decides to full auto me on the back of the head (which was not fun In the slightest) for a good couple of seconds from behind.

His reason? Along the lines of "All the effing hires just turn up here and make us lose the game because they don't know this or that. If it wasn't for marshals I'd be doing *insert graphic threats here*.

I did however give him the opportunity to be a man of his words, but he did reject.

What an awesome bloke. I hope the marshalls did something about it?

Props to you for not decking him though. I dont think id have been so restrained if i were you.

Hey I got no problem with what people wear I just said I never understood it but I mean if you play cqb games mostly like I do and there areally games where there's a 'blackout' the guy in the desert mtp or ucp is super easy to shoot and the gear wearing a full black swat loadout is a Beeding ninja haha

I'm a new player.

If that were the site I work at he wouldn't have been playing again. People seem to think because they have a gun (of sorts) in their hand its an extension of their penis and think that throwing their weight around will make them look like the Mr.Big when in actual fact it makes them look like a bellend that the rest of the players all laugh at. Seen it many a time when someone shows up with an ego and then ends up just making a fool of themselves but in their own head they are like Blaine from predator!

• Moderators

I try to give most people one chance and kept my mouth closed, so I think the next outburst I'll say something.

Yeah, can still feel where every shot landed haha!

maybe you can let us know so we can come along...... :lol::lol::lol:

• Moderators

Agreed In that moment clumpy!

Big part of it being the Marshalls were checking mags were out going into safe area, so I guess him thinking he was out of sight meant what he was doing wouldn't come to anything when really he's just made his mature self look like a child!

So he also shot towards the 'safe' area then or have i got 2+2=7??

The marshalls are actually pretty decent. As they were at the safe zone checking magazines, and with people clearing their guns, shooting down the range etc, I'm 99% certain they didn't see it otherwise I hope they would have said something.

I just think starting out, it's quite important for me to find a style of play that I like without some guy screaming and shouting like he's a commando and going into a rage when things don't go his way or players don't play his style.

Hey I got no problem with what people wear I just said I never understood it but I mean if you play cqb games mostly like I do and there areally games where there's a 'blackout' the guy in the desert mtp or ucp is super easy to shoot and the gear wearing a full black swat loadout is a Beeding ninja haha

True the jail can often be like that on Wednesday night games, but when your in the cells you cany see your own hand so don't think it matters much then lol

The marshalls are actually pretty decent. As they were at the safe zone checking magazines, and with people clearing their guns, shooting down the range etc, I'm 99% certain they didn't see it otherwise I hope they would have said something.

I just think starting out, it's quite important for me to find a style of play that I like without some guy screaming and shouting like he's a commando and going into a rage when things don't go his way or players don't play his style.

doesn't matter if your a new player or seasoned everyone pays the same money to play so you should be able to play how ever you like within site rules without harassment, unfortunatly you get idiots in anything that you do, but I wouldn't full auto someone in the back of the head in game let alone on the walk back to safe zone ! Best thing to do is a simple quiet word to the Marshall so he is aware of his attitude and can monitor the player in future games, imagine if he did that to a young player ? I doubt parents would let it slide to easy.

I never understood people's want to wear desert or black camo in wood games... it makes no sense especially desert haha

i only have a black cqb loadout so when the lads fancy woodland games its all i have dont see any point in buyinh woodland camo to olay 2 /3 times a year

• 9 months later...

My gripe was with a guy at a skirmish site I was at last Sunday. Remember "dead men don't talk"? Well, they shouldn't be used as cover either! Can't take away from that the guy was clearly an experienced player and the majority of our team were new to it or possibly even first timers (they were hiring all kit, so who knows) he got 3 of us. (I got hit, he closed in with 2 very contentious "bangs") and the last to be "killed" was walking back to spawn and he stayed on his shoulder killing any of our team that didn't notice him. Didn't get him really, because he was actually a skilful player. Don't understand why he had to use questionable sportsmanship for upping his "kill rate"

On a similar note of 'dead' players being used as cover, I had a thing that really annoyed me at a site this Sunday. Simple game, there's a ditch with a covered bridge across it (essentially a raised tunnel), and whichever team ends the game closest to the other team's side at the end wins. No-one's allowed in the ditch, the only way to cross is through the bridge, which you can only go down in single file because it's a thin bridge/tunnel.

No-one manages to cross the bridge successfully all game, as both teams have a barrier at the end which they can take cover behind shoot down the length of the bridge. That is until this one guy makes a rush in the last minute. He gets hit, but rather than turning around and heading back to respawn, he comes out of the bridge on our end shouting 'GOOD SHOT MATE, GOOD SHOT. I WANT TO SHAKE THAT MANS HAND, WHOEVER HIT ME GOOD SHOT' (5 or 6 people hit him at once at close range, it wasn't exactly exceptional). He walks over to our barricade trying to shake peoples hands, and meanwhile his team floods across the bridge because no-one can get a shot past him. It's such a thin bridge that he's blocking 90% of us from hitting the guys behind him.

Blatant cheating under a rubbish guise of 'good sportsmanship'. Fortunately we managed to shoot out all his mates in the last few seconds and still won, but urgh.......shameless....

• Supporters

Two very minor irks so far, probably specific to CQB with lots of corners and a medic rule that leaves hit players standing around for 2 minutes, hand ostensibly up.

1. Folk who shoot first, then look for a hand up.  Mistakes happens, you're there to take some hits, but some Operators seem to make it a point of principle to light up everything that moves or doesn't move, no apologies.

... related...

2. Hit players not keeping their hand up, then getting humpty when you pop round a corner and put one into them.  I'll cheerfully apologise for my mistakes, but not yours.

So I'm seeing some merit in an argument for mandatory dead rags, although I know they're not to everyone's taste.

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

Two very minor irks so far, probably specific to CQB with lots of corners and a medic rule that leaves hit players standing around for 2 minutes, hand ostensibly up.

Encountered that once only and it sucks. Walk to regen is far simpler and doesn't leave a load of dead bodies as barricades.

• Supporters

I'm OK with the principle, as it allows for fairly aggressive play and encourages teamplay rather than lone heroics.

In practice, we get choke points chock full of deaders.  You stick your head round, find a bunch of enemy players standing around chatting, and have to make a snap decision about whether to ask if they're dead and risk being shot for your consideration, or to pew-pew them to be sure and risk tears before lunchtime.

Very minor nit, it's rarely really an issue.  It would however be mitigated by dead rags.  I mean, if folk used them consistently, which they probably wouldn't. ;)

10 hours ago, warlord said:

Encountered that once only and it sucks. Walk to regen is far simpler and doesn't leave a load of dead bodies as barricades.

If you have an enforced medic rule where the bleedout time is two minutes then you should stay in place for those two minutes not walk back to regen, personally I'm a big fan of if your hit drop to the floor and also dead rags this both eliminates shooting dead players (for the most part) and also shows that i am dead by being on the floor with a red rag on me!

8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm OK with the principle, as it allows for fairly aggressive play and encourages teamplay rather than lone heroics.

In practice, we get choke points chock full of deaders.  You stick your head round, find a bunch of enemy players standing around chatting, and have to make a snap decision about whether to ask if they're dead and risk being shot for your consideration, or to pew-pew them to be sure and risk tears before lunchtime.

Very minor nit, it's rarely really an issue.  It would however be mitigated by dead rags.  I mean, if folk used them consistently, which they probably wouldn't. ;)

If players are dead and waiting for a medic for example and you need to clear through that area (for instance a stairwell/corridor/doorway) there should be nothing wrong with those players shifting to the side to allow you through. Most sites I've played have allowed dead players to shift a couple of steps to allow the enemy side through while not just wandering off and not completing their bleed out.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

If players are dead and waiting for a medic for example and you need to clear through that area (for instance a stairwell/corridor/doorway) there should be nothing wrong with those players shifting to the side to allow you through.

The specific issue that I'm talking about is dead players not constantly or consistently signalling that they're dead.  Sure, it's a ball arm ache to keep a hand raised for 2 minutes, and usually it is fairly apparent that a group standing around with their guns down are deaders, especially if they're bantering away.

But I have popped into the middle of a group of such players, assumed they were dead, and got pew-pewed when it turned out that they were just Rear Echelon Motherlovers who'd underestimated my ninja-like infiltration skills and thought they were safe.  Entirely my fault in that case, but my mis-assumption was informed by actual dead players behaving in the same way.

Given the split second you've got to make the decision, I know I should pew first and ask questions later, but it doesn't feel very British to do so.

Archived