Little Things That Annoy You In Airsoft

GeneralKimbo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

experienced a bit of cheating at the weekend but had one of the best games of my short airsoft life, i just try to brush it aside and aim elsewhere if i see the same player again

even had my brother moan to me that a guy wasnt taking his hits after emptying a few hi caps at his position, so i told him to either empty the hi cap on him again and moan or sneak round the side of the building, creep through and shoot him from the other side....he chose that method and was happier after.

myself and another guy were accused of not taking hits, a guy with a SAW claimed he hit us but we stood there with a marshall and he clearly saw we were right, bb's were no where near us....so we shot him! :D:D

Its a shame though that people cheat, its not like your game is over once hit, but we all have to live with it and its not something that will go away very soon unless we go to laser tag, and some of us do not notice we are hit due to what we are wearing, its a game of 'honesty' and some just arent

i will attend again as im not letting the minority ruin it as its a fun site to play at, B)

Would be interested to know where you played at the weekend?

Still think the bang rule is rubbish... I get surrendering, but gun fingers have no place in Airsoft.

As you are spot on, if there IS an MED (this is where I misread the post) it is up to the player to have a back up ready and be quick and good enough to draw and fire it rather than any other way, bang or not!

Still think the bang rule is rubbish... I get surrendering, but gun fingers have no place in Airsoft.

Give them the chance if you have the drop on them and had no idea you were there, if they even turn to look or look suspicious then 1 shot centre mass is fair. But I totally agree the bang rule is rubbish.

OK how about when your weapon gets hit. And you can resort to a secondary weapon . VIEWS ON THAT GOOD OR OPEN TO ABUSE

Site I play at tell you to shout WEAPON HIT and carry on. I know of a site that says you have to drop to a secondary if your weapon is hit.

Personally I prefer the first option, sometimes you dont have a secondary.

Everything is open to abuse. We have to allow for fair play and expect people to be sensible otherwise safety and rule briefs would be so confusing trying to cover all eventualities. Just play fair remember its a game and have fun above all else!!

Mixed feelings on this. Yes all airsofters should be nice to players whether new or not but as for tactical it depends what you mean. Playing with a bit of thought yes but getting all Geardo weekend super soldier hell no.Yes sites who blatantly ignore health and safety should be named but not ones where people think there are cheaters.

Yeah I'll giggle when I see some guy so geared up his mag pouches have magpouches to hold spare mag pouches and screaming contact at the top of his lungs but I'd never go up to him and like say your a douche or anything haha its just how people make the game theirs

Gotta love pulling off some crazy push, charging through enemy fire and surviving impossible odds, only to be got by a grenade dropped out of the window of the building you were hiding behind. Can't help but feel like a bit of a tw*t

I don't eat meat which I imagine make it difficult at most sites since if they serve food at all, it's either a basic burger or a hot dog, but the folks over at RIFT are pretty good and are happy to whip up a tasty veg burger for me or something else if I ask in advance, and at specials - night games and stuff, they always include a full hot meal and free hot drinks throughout the night.

+1 on players using heavyweight BBs and telling the marshals they're .20s just to get through chrono test, haven't seen it personally though since the sites I've used don't chrono or tag, and have high FPS limits anyway - 500 for semi auto and sniper, including pistols and DMR.

Incorrect pronounciations.

Marui - Ma-roo-ee NOT Mauri the Latin designation for the Berber population of Mauretania

King Arms - NOT Kings Arms, that sounds like a pub.

PTS - NOT Magpul as some still seem to think...

MagPul - it's a shortening of two words from which they marketed their signature accessory - Magazine Pullers ;)

Shooting a tree wondering why its not taking it hit's

<_<

Lol the branch that looks like a camo'd up sniper barrel.

• Root Admin

PTS - NOT Magpul as some still seem to think...

Some are PTS

Some are Magpul PTS

Some are Magpul

Two are distinct brands but all three have different products. I can forgive people for getting it wrong unless they're selling the stuff :)

MagPul - it's a shortening of two words from which they marketed their signature accessory - Magazine Pullers ;)

I'm fairly sure he's driving at people mis-designating brands on items (particularly when selling them). Magpul PTS stuff is typically cheaper/less well made than Magpul MOE and since PTS lost the licensing they've not made a Magpul PTS product in about 4 years.

Maybe kind of certain ghillie suit wearing players...I mean, not everyone who wears a ghillie suit, of course, but the kind of player who has a terrible attitude and also wears a ghillie suit, which somehow makes their terrible attitude even worse.

Example: A skirmish back in November at a woodland site. The trees and bushes are dead, and the floor is 100% orange leaves. Enter ghillie player, who due to his surroundings is even more visible than everyone else because he's the only bush that isn't essentially just a pile of sticks. I'm hiding at the front of my team (on the 'line' as such), and I see him crawl towards me, perhaps 10 meters away. He's lying down at the foot of a dead bush, and he aims his rifle to my four o' clock. He takes a few shots. I have a good look at him, because I can't see an armband, but his left arm (where the other teams armband would be) is blocked from my view. Plus, he was crawling from the direction of the enemy, and he's shooting in the direction of my team. So I shoot him.

Friendly fire. The guy gets up and starts having a go at me. I apologise, and say 'well where's your armband gone?'

He stops, and with his left hand lifts up about three layers of ghillie on his right arm to reveal a barely visible blue armband, before calling me a tosser and walking off.

Of course. Why didn't I spot that.

He stomped around for the rest of the day looking miserable. Probably because his ghillie wasn't making him invisible.

Backseat drivers. People who are more than happy to yell at everyone to push through a doorway or run over open ground, but will never actually do it themselves. The guy I'm thinking of in this example also happens to be the owner of multiple sites, and has put me off his chain single handedly.

Backseat drivers. People who are more than happy to yell at everyone to push through a doorway or run over open ground, but will never actually do it themselves. The guy I'm thinking of in this example also happens to be the owner of multiple sites, and has put me off his chain single handedly.

Funny, I'm often sat behind people and "move up move up" seems better than "get out my f*cking way".

I couldn't say which is most arrogant though.

Some are PTS

Some are Magpul PTS

Some are Magpul

Two are distinct brands but all three have different products. I can forgive people for getting it wrong unless they're selling the stuff :)

I'm fairly sure he's driving at people mis-designating brands on items (particularly when selling them). Magpul PTS stuff is typically cheaper/less well made than Magpul MOE and since PTS lost the licensing they've not made a Magpul PTS product in about 4 years.

I was actually digging at the misspelling of MagPul since he seemed so annoyed by mispronunciations, I get annoyed at people writing names incorrectly. :P

Well the flipside is the door huggers who annoy me! ( I do like to push up and often take the role as human shield to help clear jams)

Especially at the Mall, if I have been hit and respawned and know our team have cleared the way to a certain area, the people holding doorways up to that point wind me up. If we have pushed all the way through why hang back so far, your just in the bloody way!!

Managed to shoot one of my own players last time as out team were piled up in a doorway saying the other team were in there, so elbowed my way through the doorways into the room to see someone facing away from me shooting so I shot him. He turned around and started shouting at me team kill blah blah, turns out he was on my team and only had tape on one arm (the ONLY person on our side I saw with tape on one arm) and as he was against a pillar I did not see the tape.

• Moderators

Well the flipside is the door huggers who annoy me! ( I do like to push up and often take the role as human shield to help clear jams)

Especially at the Mall, if I have been hit and respawned and know our team have cleared the way to a certain area, the people holding doorways up to that point wind me up. If we have pushed all the way through why hang back so far, your just in the bloody way!!

Similar on Sat at urban, a group of guys just seemed to hang back at the door to a building playing with their hair not doing anything but look on as we ran around shooting the others and getting the objective.......prob just bird watching

It annoys me when during CQB I'm pushing into an area I've not fought through within the last 20 minutes, so naturally checking each corner since there's nobody around, only to have a friendly run past on his way to respawn shout "Push up you're not much good there!", yes thanks for that unfortunately I'm not psychic, I don't know where is clear and where is "behind the lines". Also dead men don't speak

• Root Admin

I was actually digging at the misspelling of MagPul since he seemed so annoyed by mispronunciations, I get annoyed at people writing names incorrectly. :P

I dunno what you mean - whilst the name may have come from their Mag Pulls, they've not spelt their name with a capital P since it was registered. They're literally called 'Magpul Industries Corporation'.

Try finding a capital 'P' in it on their website.

It annoys me when during CQB I'm pushing into an area I've not fought through within the last 20 minutes, so naturally checking each corner since there's nobody around, only to have a friendly run past on his way to respawn shout "Push up you're not much good there!", yes thanks for that unfortunately I'm not psychic, I don't know where is clear and where is "behind the lines". Also dead men don't speak

Oh the dead men dont speak thing!!! where to start lol..

I get your frustrations about the first part however

Archived