Little Things That Annoy You In Airsoft

GeneralKimbo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Poor Marshal, Who don't want to upset regulars and can see that there is a clearly foul play.... and clicky sites. .

Sadly sites that will say "if you don't pack that shit in you are getting banned" are in the minority. Seems very common to go to sites where regulars are known for cheating but nothing gets done about it. I came across a real class act yesterday that not only didn't take hits but gave everyone he shot at a nice 1-2 second "burst" with his HPA gun.

My last game of 2016 was at a site where loads of people on my team were saying that the cheaters on the other team were all regulars that everyone tries to avoid. I won't be going there again.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think forums such as here should be used to name and shame sites where cheating is a common occurance.

• Supporters

I think forums such as here should be used to name and shame sites where cheating is a common occurance.

Thats a great idea but the problem is the people who scream cheat the most are just crap and can't shoot properly.

I heard a lot of people complaining about none hit taking at a game today but from my point of view there was no issues and I shot a lot people with only 3 or 4 niggles all day.

So before sites get accused of having a problem with cheating first you need to make sure its not just a problem with shite airsofters throwing a hissy fit because they are not as good as they think they are.

• Supporters

I don't say someone is cheating unless I clearly see BBs bouncing off them, although the same can't be said for everyone. I once had a load of guys shouting at me to take hits saying they could hear it when it was clearly the sound of a sheet of corrugated iron next to me being hit....

I'd agree with Trigger in that openly accusing sites has a whole set of issues which could lead to sites unfairly losing business if the people slating them are wrong. Aside from creating a load of lovely internet drama which is always highly constructive.

See we're all too happy warning fellow hobbyist's about poor shops, forum members and products...but not about the very sites we play at.

A forewarning could save a wasted weekend day and maybe give the site the impetus to fix up.

• Supporters

See we're all too happy warning fellow hobbyist's about poor shops, forum members and products...but not about the very sites we play at.

A forewarning could save a wasted weekend day and maybe give the site the impetus to fix up.

The difference being poor shops and poor products are provable,cheating very rarely is. As I pointed out the people who cheat call the most are usually just whiney little gits who always have to blame something for the fact they are not very good.

Cheating does exist we have all fallen foul of it but its never as big an issue as some make out.

I do agree that sites should be reviewed by a players perspective, I have put some negative points into my couple of reviews.

However.....

I don't say someone is cheating unless I clearly see BBs bouncing off them, although the same can't be said for everyone. I once had a load of guys shouting at me to take hits saying they could hear it when it was clearly the sound of a sheet of corrugated iron next to me being hit....

I'd agree with Trigger in that openly accusing sites has a whole set of issues which could lead to sites unfairly losing business if the people slating them are wrong. Aside from creating a load of lovely internet drama which is always highly constructive.

If the people shooting at Esoterick above went home and wrote a scathing review slating the site for being sh*t because Esoterick was not calling his hits (although he says it was hitting the corrugated iron) thats not a fair on the site or even true....

So by shaming a site for one persons experience is not so fair on the site, the people running it or the majority of players attending.

I have seen cheating at almost every game I have played at. If we all named and shamed with no thought then the game would not survive as sites would get no new customers based on these online reviews.

How do you mean aggressive? Act like berty big bullocks and mouth off to people? Or whilst playing, spray everyone when a couple of shots would suffice? I'm guilty of rushing a lot of the time and often will be virtually spawn killing people. I obviously don't go right up to the spawn point as I'm not online and it would have real life consequences :D. But I've been called out for doing it by other players who say it breaks the game. Not really sure what the best way is. Surely it's their own fault for allowing me to get so close?

To note, the above may sound like bragging, I can assure you I am the one whose acne looks like it has returned after a day of playing. All part of the journey of being a noob I guess.

Cor,it's good to see that this forum has passion. I'm so pleased I joined. Airsofters are a breed on there own,I'm so pleased I took this sport up .

• Moderators

experienced a bit of cheating at the weekend but had one of the best games of my short airsoft life, i just try to brush it aside and aim elsewhere if i see the same player again

even had my brother moan to me that a guy wasnt taking his hits after emptying a few hi caps at his position, so i told him to either empty the hi cap on him again and moan or sneak round the side of the building, creep through and shoot him from the other side....he chose that method and was happier after.

myself and another guy were accused of not taking hits, a guy with a SAW claimed he hit us but we stood there with a marshall and he clearly saw we were right, bb's were no where near us....so we shot him! :D:D

Its a shame though that people cheat, its not like your game is over once hit, but we all have to live with it and its not something that will go away very soon unless we go to laser tag, and some of us do not notice we are hit due to what we are wearing, its a game of 'honesty' and some just arent

i will attend again as im not letting the minority ruin it as its a fun site to play at, B)

Not saying 'blame the site' but I am sure we could all think or name a site that seems to have prevalent cheating/aggression/bad atmosphere among the regulars.

CSW - Their Marshall team really cracks down on any aggression, cheating and the atmosphere is usually pretty good. Been a while since I was last there though. Cannot imagine their standards have slipped.

Dogtag - I've encountered the most shouting, swearing and general aggression here; but the site is very good, and these occurrences aren't frequent. The Marshall team aren't as pro-active here as say, CSW, and a few seem to be very good mates with regulars. However, it has been a while since I was there.

Ace Combat - very pro-active Marshall team who strive to weed out any cheaters before a day is ruined and clamp down on horseplay and malarkey very well.

RIFT The Defilade - now defunct, but there was an issue with a team not taking hits. Ruined several days despite the Marshall team's best efforts. Games and atmosphere improved drastically when the aforementioned team swerved the site for a few weeks (funny that).

The core of airsoft is one of TRUST AND HONESTY which I witnes the majority of the time. I do believe its the responsibility of the whole of the airsoft community to try and resolve this.I personally believe better site management,I also believe it is getting better. SHAME ON THOSE THAT CHEAT. But a bet they ain't on this forum.

My one real hate is the judgy types who make it hard for new players to get into the sport the kind of people who will make fun of some one for going full tactical or someone who is new and needs advice I think they way you play the game is upto you after all you can make a semi accurate rifle out of a bottle a HPA unit and a pipe XD so I think wanting it to be tactical plays a big part

Mostly we like to hear about sites being named and shamed for poor health and safety. And that includes not cracking down on overshooting/unsafe clearing weapons, shooting the dead, and pyrotechnics. Plus any bad sh*t on behalf of the staff.

But naming and shaming for he said she said, I can agree that's harmful.

But I am torn on staff favouritism towards regulars.

• Supporters

My one real hate is the judgy types who make it hard for new players to get into the sport the kind of people who will make fun of some one for going full tactical or someone who is new and needs advice I think they way you play the game is upto you after all you can make a semi accurate rifle out of a bottle a HPA unit and a pipe XD so I think wanting it to be tactical plays a big part

Mixed feelings on this. Yes all airsofters should be nice to players whether new or not but as for tactical it depends what you mean. Playing with a bit of thought yes but getting all Geardo weekend super soldier hell no.

Mostly we like to hear about sites being named and shamed for poor health and safety. And that includes not cracking down on overshooting/unsafe clearing weapons, shooting the dead, and pyrotechnics. Plus any bad sh*t on behalf of the staff.

But naming and shaming for he said she said, I can agree that's harmful.

But I am torn on staff favouritism towards regulars.

Yes sites who blatantly ignore health and safety should be named but not ones where people think there are cheaters.

As for favouritism to regulars all sites should adopt the same approach as my regular haunt. As a known player I can chat to the marshalls but also know that once I am in game I am just another player. If anything I am held to a higher behaviour standard and would get pulled for even the slightest infraction.

I count myself and my mates as regulars to the site we play. The marshals regularily stand behind us to see if we are not taking hits (normally fired from folk who think they have a beast of a gun from 50+m who don't have a beast of a gun). Ive been shot by a marshal to test if I was taking my hits. A marshal has told me I've been gun hit... I think if folk are going to whinge about marshals being bias towards regulars and that they don't clamp down hard on hit taking then they should have a word with the event organiser at the time they see it. Especially if they are not a regular so actually have no knowledge of how a site is run overall from week to week.

• Root Admin

In agreement with Trigger here when it comes to 'judgy-ness': Although in an ideal world I'd love to be 100% nice and helpful to anyone, there are those that take the biscuit. People that don't do their own research, ignore advice after a 2 page thread specifically addressing their problem or just outright taking any critique personally. It gets very, very hard to not say anything to that kind of person - new or otherwise (but usually new, unfortunately).

Facebook is a good example - in many groups - of where for some reason there are a lot of people who will jump on criticism or immediately say things like "it's your money so spend it how you like and don't listen to these guys". I've always thought the whole "do what you feel comfortable with", "spend what you're ok with spending" or "paint it whichever colour you like" is a given before you've even started - no one is turning you away from a game for having a multicam gun or trainers but in either case people might think it's a bit silly (multicam hydroipping) or just not a good idea (trainers). That doesn't mean that you can't do either (and never should), but one is open to that kind of criticism when they make it public online.

In the case of FB it's basically helped perpetuate spoon-feeding with the same 10 questions being asked in the more well know sniper groups every day (as an example). People think it's ok to not even lift a finger and just make a quick post like "best way to upgrade VSR???". That gets on my nerves because it shows utter laziness and a complete lack of empathy. Not to mention that the sort of person that asks that question inevitably ends up screwing up because they lack the problem solving skills to install or tune the gun anyway. That's not a problem that being nice to those people can really fix - it's something more fundamental.

Ultimately I don't believe there's a whole lot of people being judgy in airsoft. There are people who have strong opinions one way or another, but I've seldom met people who will outright exclude anyone (not least a new player) for not having a particular piece of gear. On forums like this though it's different - a lot of the regulars do know exactly what they're talking about, and if as a new person you're offering an alternative then you best be ready to back it up with at least some sufficient anecdotal experiences because there is a lot of misinformation out there that's easy to believe if you're new and that we've heard a hundred times already. A quick search of Google or a forum like this tends to reveal them pretty quickly and with minimal effort.

How do you mean aggressive? Act like berty big bullocks and mouth off to people? Or whilst playing, spray everyone when a couple of shots would suffice? I'm guilty of rushing a lot of the time and often will be virtually spawn killing people. I obviously don't go right up to the spawn point as I'm not online and it would have real life consequences :D. But I've been called out for doing it by other players who say it breaks the game. Not really sure what the best way is. Surely it's their own fault for allowing me to get so close?

To note, the above may sound like bragging, I can assure you I am the one whose acne looks like it has returned after a day of playing. All part of the journey of being a noob I guess.

I get what your saying, but a little sense and practicality needs to be called for. If you find yourself in or on top of the spawn its not their fault for letting you get so close as you say. You should really drop back and give others a chance to get out and take up positions.

Bang rule. Players taking the piss with it. Marshall's letting players take the piss with it.

IMO, if a weapon has no enforced MED, 1 shot on semi to centre mass is infinitely fairer than twats running round going "bang bang bang" and frankly, if that's deemed to be too painful, you shouldn't be doing airsoft.

Not saying 'blame the site' but I am sure we could all think or name a site that seems to have prevalent cheating/aggression/bad atmosphere among the regulars.

This is why you should chuck a site review in the correct section. I do read them when looking at new sites and even though I take all comments with a pinch of salt as every day, player and peoples points of view are writing with their own biases. But they are useful for things such as bad marshaling or health and safety issues. Cheat calling and the such is part and parcel and worth a mention in a review but more importantly writing about how the staff/site dealt with it.

And im not sure about regulars being favored. A lot of the sites I play at regularly expect regulars to have a higher standards and pull em up more so than anyone else.

Certainly do not agree with aggressive behavior, I agree with The Malls stance on this. Shout and Swear and YOU will be the one taken out of the game first. the staff are their to deal with stuff, getting wound up is not worth it.

I remember one site a regular was getting properly wound up, shouting and swearing every time he got hit, calling out the other team for overkill etc. It was quite uncomfortable as it looked like he was going to explode at one point. Cannot quite remember what happened in the end but I clearly remember hit heading towards an enemy position at one point calling for some fucker to come out here and face me etc... made this 30 something year old look like a teenager!!

Bang rule. Players taking the piss with it. Marshall's letting players take the piss with it.

IMO, if a weapon has no enforced MED, 1 shot on semi to centre mass is infinitely fairer than twats running round going "bang bang bang" and frankly, if that's deemed to be too painful, you shouldn't be doing airsoft.

I think if your gun has an med then you have a duty to have a secondary weapon. Actually had an incident similar yesterday where a chap called colour on me from around 3m away, I turned to him, he had me bang to rights as my gun was not pointing at him and his was at me. I was about to take the hit until I realised he wasn't allowed to shoot me with it from that range and turned and shot him.

Had he pulled a pistol on me or tapped me with the barrel of his vsr I'd have walked myself back to the respawn. We don't run the bang rule.

Nah fuck that If there is a MED a single shot is not as acceptable as the bang rule!.. if a gun has a MED then have a back up. A finger and the word bang is not a substitute for a weapon! Get a rubber knife, pistol or use a gun you are able to use anywhere/anyhow!!

Can imagine a thread now "I have my gun fingers and eye pro ready" can I put a scope on my index finger? "my finger is a snipaaaaa" I can get you from 100M away, I said BANG loudly!!

Archived