Little Things That Annoy You In Airsoft

GeneralKimbo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

One thing that does annoy me is experienced players insisting that us newbies play in a style which suits theirs - as if we are all there just to enhance their own day of gaming!

Tomorrow will be my fifth airsoft day and I can guarantee the same spotty little squits will be there dictating to all to 'do this' and 'do that'. I can also guarantee that they will be ignored as usual.

I usually do airsoft with at least seven or eight fellas from work and we must have at least 80 years of genuine military experience between us. To the experienced 'experts' trying to get us to do their bidding - It's not 'life and death', it's a day of fun for everyone firing plastic balls at each other, making friends and having a laugh!

This. I've seen people going off on 12 year olds because they're doing their own thing.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Head Moderator

I've seen people going off on 12 year olds because they're doing their own thing.

Good reason not to have under 16 year old players at a site ;) Maybe the youngsters need their own seperate day when they can do their own thing?

Good reason not to have under 16 year old players at a site ;) Maybe the youngsters need their own seperate day when they can do their own thing?

At a lot of sites they do get their own day. Doesn't just apply to under 16's though.

I think the yelling orders thing is a bit of a grey area. On one hand, yes, some guy screaming for everyone to move up can be really annoying, especially if he's not doing it himself, or if the situation doesn't dictate it as appropriate. On the other hand, I've seen that people can be a bit complacent with holding positions, and can be a little shy to move unless the whole team has already done so. After a stalemate at an objective, I've noticed some can be slow to react when someone does actually manage to gain some ground, and fail to reinforce in time to hold said objective.

I know I've found myself yelling back across the field for my team to push up a fair few times, and I always feel like a muppet looking back at the GoPro footage. At the time though, it was because ground was gained, and an advantage needed to be driven home. I have no doubt that at some point I've yelled 'move up' to a group of guys twice my age and with experience with any number of armed forces branches. I probably looked ridiculous. Sorry, but I really wanted to hold that objective :P

• Head Moderator

Yes, it is a balance. Someone at the rear (or a marshall) shouting "move up" has less credibility that the guy at the front saying "follow me". There have been a few occasions when I have pushed forward without anyone else to explot the gain, they are still stacked up scared to move or get shot. Why so many blue on blue kills, when having moved up ahead and others just stay back just spamming BBs.

I am quite happy to be the point man and know that I will be hit when pushing forward, if there are some other team members on my shoulders to keep moving forward after me having used me as a shield to gain ground. I suppose that is the difference between a skirmish and a milsim.

Yes, it is a balance. Someone at the rear (or a marshall) shouting "move up" has less credibility that the guy at the front saying "follow me". There have been a few occasions when I have pushed forward without anyone else to explot the gain, they are still stacked up scared to move or get shot. Why so many blue on blue kills, when having moved up ahead and others just stay back just spamming BBs.

I am quite happy to be the point man and know that I will be hit when pushing forward, if there are some other team members on my shoulders to keep moving forward after me having used me as a shield to gain ground. I suppose that is the difference between a skirmish and a milsim.

This reminds me something constantly happening at the mall.

I arrive at a group of players shooting down a corridor, and ask what's going on. They're shooting forward, occasionally a shot comes back. I decide to push, get far enough down to see what's actually going on:

The people (1) staying back have failed to alert those (2) arriving that those further up are friendlies, and subsequently those people (2) previously arriving thought they were at the front, and engaged the back of their own team. I arrive and get promptly team killed when I try to push up.

It is irksome when people hang back AND behave as thought they're at the front. Bind leading the blind, and then when those with sight arrive, theres nothing that can be done because they swear "we're at the front, enemies that way".

• Supporters

This reminds me something constantly happening at the mall.

I arrive at a group of players shooting down a corridor, and ask what's going on. They're shooting forward, occasionally a shot comes back. I decide to push, get far enough down to see what's actually going on:

The people (1) staying back have failed to alert those (2) arriving that those further up are friendlies, and subsequently those people (2) previously arriving thought they were at the front, and engaged the back of their own team. I arrive and get promptly team killed when I try to push up.

It is irksome when people hang back AND behave as thought they're at the front. Bind leading the blind, and then when those with sight arrive, theres nothing that can be done because they swear "we're at the front, enemies that way".

Getting shot by your own team when pushing forward can be a big issue at the mall. I played one game there a while ago with Jedi and our team were awful, second half of the day I started keeping track and out of 27 times I was hit 22 were by my own team. It got to the point where before going forward I had to tell my team to not shoot me again.

Kids that are scared/OverExagerate taking hits.

Played a game yesterday with a group of 4 13 year olds on the team (9v9 CQB).

The Marshall warned us on start up. No firing from spawn room, when you spawn, get out the room quickly, it's so easy to get pinned ect ect. For abou 10 minutes of that 15 minute 3 flag game, 3 of them were just squealing about getting hit and not leaving spawn. And either blocking the doorways not letting anyone else out.

Multiple times, we said to them, ok I'll peak go long take the hits, now just trade me and shoot the guy camping spawn, when he's shooting me. Do they peak with you? Like fuck. They're still just sitting crying at the other doorway.

Don't get me wrong, I understand youngsters should be able to play, but perhaps the late 6pm-11pm booking should be 16/18+?

People who think my guns are just toys because WW2 era airsoft guns must be less effective than their fancy M4 right?

People running away from grenades. Because airsoft grenades have long fuses to make them safe, it is possible to reach cover or a safe distance before they go bang. In the real world that would not happen. In most WW2 games, it's where you are when they land that counts, not where you are when they go bang. This is a much better system as it's more realistic and makes grenades a much better weapon.

Paintballers who use the same site. Most people can just chuck their gear in the wash. If I get paint on my webbing it costs £10 for a bottle of liquid blanco to clean it and my wool service dress would have to be hand washed.

People running away from grenades. Because airsoft grenades have long fuses to make them safe, it is possible to reach cover or a safe distance before they go bang. In the real world that would not happen. In most WW2 games, it's where you are when they land that counts, not where you are when they go bang. This is a much better system as it's more realistic and makes grenades a much better weapon.

Think of the ears!

Srsly though, there is no need for airsoft bangs, I don't know why there isn't an electronic be all end all which on impact emits very bright light in all directions, no reason the whole thing can't be a prism.

People who refuse to take 50/50 shots.

I always take them if someone claims to have shot me. In most cases both of us shoot each other at the same time, it's not like I'm waiting a second before shooting back. I can't understand why some people see the need to argue it.

"Oh I shot you first though."

"I still hit you, you're just as dead."

• Head Moderator

Think of the ears!

Srsly though, there is no need for airsoft bangs, I don't know why there isn't an electronic be all end all which on impact emits very bright light in all directions, no reason the whole thing can't be a prism.

Realism. Shock & awe; I like mk5 bangs much more than a BFG which only pops. I know there are TRMR mag-flash blanks but at £12.50 for ten not the cheapest option. Plus throwing cardboard tubes is safer than chunks of metal. :P Just wear ear defence if worried about the sound.

May as well stop using BBs and replace them with lasers and then wear sensors all over the body which alarm when hit <_<

• Supporters

Think of the ears!

Main reason is because it would be fucking boring. Stop being a girl, word of warning there is going to about 150 of them on the 11th.

Do you want me to bring ear plugs?

Guest PT247

I like the bangs, but then I have invested a fortune in TAG rounds and even when buying from Gunfire they still cost around £5.50 per shot. Is very satisfying when they are perfectly on target and bang just after the thud of impact up to 100m away... perfect anti sniper weapon! :D

I'm new to airsoft going to play my first game next year. I need some kit by then and i have a £10000 budget what should I get?

Things breaking.

Getting team killed because you're facing the wrong way.

Team identification only on one arm (cqb + corner + this = f*ck)

Guns I can't afford :(

the fact that I have a CM16 that's ok to begin with but I am now 3 Skimishes in and want a Krytac or and Ares, so basically my bank balance since starting

People who refuse to take 50/50 shots.

I always take them if someone claims to have shot me. In most cases both of us shoot each other at the same time, it's not like I'm waiting a second before shooting back. I can't understand why some people see the need to argue it.

"Oh I shot you first though."

"I still hit you, you're just as dead."

I agree with 50/50 hits.

However, when (in CQC) I shoot someone at close range and they flinch, turn 90 degrees and shoot me before calling their hit I get rather annoyed. I still take the hit, as do they, but if I shoot them (and the bb makes contact) first, they should not continue to shoot me before calling their hit.

"How can I upgrade my cheap/bad bb gun?"

I have been guilty of this... BUT in my defence, my next point annoys me,

The amount of info which contradicts itself, I was very much led to believe certain upgrades are worth itl, but then research tells me otherwise. And then I find Airsoft action says something else. And then a trusted tech tells me to leave it alone, but then a post online says a tightbore and new hop is all powerful +50 etc...

• Moderators

i know what you mean, even basic cleaning of an AEG you'll get different advice from google/youtube etc :)

like with kids.....you'll ask and get loads of advice but do what you think is right :)

Archived