Little Things That Annoy You In Airsoft

GeneralKimbo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

yep, during my very short time in the world of Airsoft, cheats is the one for me.....why, whats the point, its not like your dead, walk back, count to 10 and come back in.......may do better this time!

The ones like this who then sit swearing at somebody else to take their hits - cus their shots can't possibly be falling short, curling up, hitting obstacles or just plain missing.

Had a guy like this a few weeks ago, shouting cheating bastard at a player who shot him, me and friends where watching from re spawn, the chap wasn't even shooting in the same direction to where he got shot from

One recently I've had experience of...the occasional person who will stalk your profile on sales forums. Someone will message me a low-ball offer, and I'll either want to wait a day or two to see if something else comes in, or I'll be at work and not be able to reply that instant. Then I'll get home later and have messages in the vein of 'hey, well it's been three hours since I messaged you, and I've seen you've been online since then! Maybe you didn't get my last message! Where do we stand on that xyz?'.

I've had a couple in the last month or so. It's kind of weird to know someone's frequently checking your profile to see when you were last online, often to put in a offer for something that's far too low anyway. I'll reply when I get time to, or when I've considered the offer. Please stop stalking me in the meantime... :huh:

• Supporters

People that have been playing for a couple of months and yet feel the need to chip in with the same piece of (what they think is) useful information at every possible opportunity. Usually "I've got a CM16 and it's AWESOME, you should totally get one of those!!!" in response to "I'm looking at a PTW and my budget is £1000, should I get a Celsius?"

People turning up 5 minutes before the game starts, after the safety briefing, not when the gates open, or in sensible time has to be the most annoying thing for me... so far. Only happened once!

Because that has to be their own fault right?

People that feel the need to touch and play with your rifle without asking in the safe zone!.

I see it quite a lot where someone will turn up with something different or custom made. Then people seem to feel the need to crowd round it and fiddle with out asking or when the persons not there.

Now, I don't have an issue if someone wants to pick it up for a look. But at least ask or wait for the person to return first.

Because that has to be their own fault right?

No sorry, not in all instances. I am referring to a single occurrence.

But yes, when they are members of the site, and turn up with McDonalds breakfast like "Yeah what?"

• Head Moderator

Players who think it is OK to use heavier weight BBs to pass chrono with their hot gun.

Players who think it is OK to use heavier weight BBs to pass chrono with their hot gun.

Does this happen often? I've actually only been asked to chrono my gun once and they asked me what weight BB i was using at the time. Didn't occur to me that people would do this lol.

Does this happen often? I've actually only been asked to chrono my gun once and they asked me what weight BB i was using at the time. Didn't occur to me that people would do this lol.

Every site I've played at that did not use their own BBs I've heard discussion of this (by players).

Players who find a piece of cover at the very edge of a firefight and refuse to make any further forward movement, despite the fact they can't even reach the target.

As I wear a Yank loadout, I have a tendency to run up the middle regardless, shouting yee-haw as I go.

At least it gets me out of the house.

Players who find a piece of cover at the very edge of a firefight and refuse to make any further forward movement, despite the fact they can't even reach the target.

As I wear a Yank loadout, I have a tendency to run up the middle regardless, shouting yee-haw as I go.

I often find groups of newer players, all hiding near the spawn, I stand in the open and try to encourage them to move, it can be frustrating when they're more afraid of getting shot than the walk back to respawn.

I have in the past threatened to shoot them myself. Refusing to fight, you see...

• Supporters

Every site I've played at that did not use their own BBs I've heard discussion of this (by players).

There's also the opposite where sites assume the muzzle energy will be fine once the player actually uses the heavier weight BBs they play with. There's some pretty shocking joule creep tests on the airsoft sniper forums using DMRs.

I have in the past threatened to shoot them myself. Refusing to fight, you see...

^^ annoys me.

It's good to have a few people sitting back. If everyone else gets hit at least they can still keep up the attack/defence.

It's good to have a few people sitting back. If everyone else gets hit at least they can still keep up the attack/defence.

Unless they're the cause of everyone getting hit, I don't watch ball sports, but is not the same true there? If you sent 70% of your team and they send 100%....

• Head Moderator

I often find groups of newer players, all hiding near the spawn... frustrating when they're more afraid of getting shot than the walk back to respawn.

Unless they're the cause of everyone getting hit

It is annoying when shot in the back by players on your team who are just staying far back and not paying attention or do not care that their team is actually ahead of them attacking.

Archived