Hi my son is thinking of getting into Air soft and is looking for a budget metal M4. I wondered if G&G combat machine would be a good choice for him, any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

I'm re-starting after a long hiatus and I'm somewhat limited on what guns I can consider. If I had free-reign to choose whatever I wanted, the G&G CM series would be up there.

They're solid, dependable, easily repaired (maybe not by yourselves - that depends on your own knowledge, but certainly they're highly compatible with aftermarket parts and they've got no really weird oddities internally), can take lots of customisation and upgrades etc. and they're pretty much brilliant.

Definitely a good starter gun it's cheap,pretty strong and reliable i had mine just over two years and never had a problem with it even with only minimal cleaning.

I've actually been looking at the WE M4A1 for my first rifle. It seems quite nice and the price tag looks very reasonable. It also has good reviews, from what I've read anyway.

If that's around your budget, then G&G M4s and Cyma AKs are your friend in my experience.

I'm guessing you don't have UKARA, and so purchasing from shops like TiwanGun is a no go...?