High Pressure Air listed as seperate gun class in Guns for Sale

Jedi_Master
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

16 members have voted

1. 1. List HPA as a seperate class of gun?

• Yes
    • No

• Head Moderator

Now that we have a High Pressure Air (HPA) sub forum in Advice & Technical Help, I think it would be a good idea to also create HPA as a seperate class of gun in the Guns for Sale sub forum under the Classified section.

Then members will be able to select Electric, Gas, Spring, and HPA. I know that there are currently less HPA sales but I sense a disturbance in the Force and predict that HPA is going to become more popular which in turn means more secondhand ones available for sale.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Head Moderator

Bump

No, we don't need so many subcategories, its ridiculous as it is. Zero in, is ridiculous for it and should not be the benchmark of any forum.

This forum is nice and simple and effective.

See: KISS Principle

Plus we barely have the volume of content to fill the main thread, let alone a subsection of sales thread. Gas covers the bases very nicely imo.

• Head Moderator

I do not think a fourth category is over complicated. Although considering some people cannot cope with the effort to search, it could be.

For simplicity we may as well just have RIF and two-tone, or just put all classifieds together without any differentiation.

No, we don't need so many subcategories, its ridiculous as it is. Zero in, is ridiculous for it and should not be the benchmark of any forum.

This forum is nice and simple and effective.

See: KISS Principle

Plus we barely have the volume of content to fill the main thread, let alone a subsection of sales thread. Gas covers the bases very nicely imo.

That might be true, but increase categories reduces the effort required to find information in turn reducing the effort required to answer frequent questions. Too many does have the opposite effect.

IMO there isnt really a need for it.

I agree, but you clearly don't have OCD. :P

That said, is the lack of posts because there isn't a place for it.... how many did ZEROIN get before they added/renamed a section for it?

Look at the people posting those threads, most of those were users long before they posted HPA sales.

I agree, but you clearly don't have OCD. :P

That said, is the lack of posts because there isn't a place for it.... how many did ZEROIN get before they added/renamed a section for it?

I enjoy the challenge of trawling the forums to find what im after :lol:

Archived