Hot Gun!!

slick
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bought an ICS M4, recently chrono'ed at the Mall, Reading at less than 330fps a month or two back.

Go there yesterday with a mate and chrono'ed @ over 350!!!!, - marked as a hot gun so had to rent...booooooo

What would cause this? The only changes since are fresh batteries and a spring on the hop.

Anyway pretty much dumped the rental and just used my new TM Desert eagle .50ae, awesome!

• Root Admin

Sounds about right. This is why buying a crono for your own use is always a good idea even if the upfront cost is a little high (that said, you can find X3200s knocking about for around £30 second hand these days).

Leave the hop spring as it is; it means you've obviously improved the air seal, which is always good.

As it's an ICS the gearbox will have a quick change spring.

Swap that for an M85 or M90 and you should be good to go!

• Moderators

funny in a way I was thinking of getting a chrono for some reason when I woke up today, only as the two sites I play mine seems to vary by 30ish, I guess the chronos are old or need 'chrono'ing' ?

out of curiosity, what ICS M4 did you get?

funny in a way I was thinking of getting a chrono for some reason when I woke up today, only as the two sites I play mine seems to vary by 30ish, I guess the chronos are old or need 'chrono'ing' ?

out of curiosity, what ICS M4 did you get?

CPX 08, really pleased with it! Nice n' loud

Leave the hop spring as it is; it means you've obviously improved the air seal, which is always good.

As it's an ICS the gearbox will have a quick change spring.

Swap that for an M85 or M90 and you should be good to go!

Was going to have a second upper box with a higher rate spring, use a mosfet to limit full auto then have a hot swappable aeg/ dmr

It's got a M100 at the mo so see where a M90 gets me

Sounds about right. This is why buying a crono for your own use is always a good idea even if the upfront cost is a little high (that said, you can find X3200s knocking about for around £30 second hand these days).

Going to A2 supplies today to get a x3200, need one anyway for my air rifles. Make sure everything is legit and I don't have to rent some busted ak or g36 ever again!

New spring on the hop improved the air seal I expect.

Put the old spring on and it'll drop again.

It didn't have a spring when I got it, just murdered an old clicky pen and hoofed it in. Going to get a chrono today so will report but on the difference on a good seal

Bought a chrono off AK2M4, the gun was indeed running at 360fps, weirdly shortly after testing the hop unit cracked.

Replaced with a ICS metal one but now running at 342fps consistent, good seal, same m100 spring - go figure, maybe the hop rubbers are tighter?

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a chrono off AK2M4, the gun was indeed running at 360fps, weirdly shortly after testing the hop unit cracked.

Replaced with a ICS metal one but now running at 342fps consistent, good seal, same m100 spring - go figure, maybe the hop rubbers are tighter?

I was talking BS, my bucking was not on properly so with new hop still running 360fps. Bought a m90 but reduced to 300fps, assumed the spring I had was actually a m110 so bought a new M100. Guess what now running 375fps!!!!. Put a few hicaps through compressed spring over night and only a small reduction.

Cut 6 coils off and now spot on just in time for the week end! :D

9BKxuWu.jpg?1

Archived