Who thinks theres anything wrong with two tone guns?

GeneralKimbo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Nothing to stop them once they're registered for UKARA...but before that, it's classed as manufacturing a RIF, and is rather illegal :)

EDIT: I forget the exact wording, but the non-black color needs to be particularly bright, otherwise it's not classed as two toned.

I hate to be that guy, but UKARA is not the only defence available. You'd be completely fine with respraying it so long as you have proof of being an airsoft player - this can be receipts, site membership or even just documentation of you playing (such as photos with you in them) etc.

I hate to be that guy, but UKARA is not the only defence available. You'd be completely fine with respraying it so long as you have proof of being an airsoft player - this can be receipts, site membership or even just documentation of you playing (such as photos with you in them) etc.

So are there any defences other than UKARA that would allow somebody to buy a RIF. Can you tell me any/all the ones you know?

• Root Admin

However, it's up the the retailer to accept that or not. Some will; some won't. Second hand sales a lot of people will accept pictures of you playing, but larger retailers usually will only do UKARA simply because it's marginally more foolproof for them and easier to check.

Thing is there's still no legal precedent and the law is grey so just have yourself covered. I've not held a current UKARA number for years now but I always pay in advance for any sites I attend if possible so that I have a receipt. Doesn't make it any easier for buying through retailers but I almost exclusively buy second hand anyway.

The RIF's add a little realism, Surely its all about the game play that matters as unless your near blind you can see the players your shooting at so a little vivid colour frown in the mix dosn't matter at all unless you are looking down on all other players unable to get RIF's. Airsoft is about a good time, players taking their hits no mater what gear they are carrying. Rant over :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.