CM16 MOD 0 HANDGUARD

GeneralKimbo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay so the mod 0 lower handguard comes off for inserting the battery. I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the top half or if the handgaurd can be completely replaced at all?

• Supporters

uhm - gun is front wired

so tbh, you ain't gonna improve upon it I feel without more money/time and possible rear wire or peq box

I'm assuming you wanna replace it with a rail/keymod/up front...

so your battery option(s) will have to be considered first

I feel for a front wired gun - the handguard is pretty good, bit of room/length to get a variety of batteries in there

comes with some mini rails

don't wobble much at all - some delta ring RIS's and carbine handguards are as loose as f*ck by comparison

yeah I like rear wired, but others say front wired guns are balanced better

so guess it is what you prefer, but a stock tube battery limits your options if you think of rear wiring it

I'd consider using it as it is for the moment, then when it needs a tweak/service/repair...

THEN look at options of stripping it down and rebuild & rewire blah blah blah.....

• Supporters

Yeah that sounds like a smart move. It's just my problem with it currently is that it's always a bit of a pain to change or even insert the battery smoothly.

Welcome to airsoft. Say goodbye to your fingertips.

Didn't give it much thought at the start, but now when I look at new guns, I always think about size of battery and how accessible it is, plus mag availability.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.