Cheap Guns

Reb3l

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Whenever I look to buy a new airsoft gun they mostly range from £100-£500 or even more. But at my last skirmish I met this dude who had an MP7 the battery was ducked taped to the upper reicver and he had only a couple of mags but he brought for only £15 at a market. I stayed with him for most of the day and his gun shot consistently with no faults and at times better than my Cm16.

So the question I'm asking is are cheaper guns are cheaper guns worth looking at to buy? Or should you try for more expensive ones ?

Opinions appreciated.

its a pig in a poke.

Logically, if they are that good people will ask more money for them unless they dont know anything about airsoft.

You might strike lucky and you might throw your money down the drain. If you test the gun i.e. you buy it from someone at a game, then it might be worth it for a couple of games. With internet deals, you can get royally stung.

• Supporters

Great Player - kicks ar$e with just about anything

Rich Poser - gets his PolarStar ar$e handed to him - goes home lunchtime not a happy bunny - gun must be playing up

End of the day cheapo cyma's at £100 or £65 from TWG are very good value

BUT for putting my name behind something I still say £123+ G&G as a safer investment - just

Krytac at £300+ are a very sound build out of box - but at that price they should be

actually - it highlights how other £300 guns are falling short

Factor in a less common place guns eg: L85 and others and they will cost more than a £150 gun

Still remains though - buy a gun from JBBG etc... - you will regret it is the general rule

SRC starters do not beat Cyma or G&G Starters - I should know

but a decent player can hold their own with almost any gun - it is player not gun that usually wins the game

if you want cheapo guns - it is very risky but I can give you my own brutally honest opinion of some if you have to really know

please don't buy the crap I bought when starting out....

• Supporters

good player @ cqb site with a B500A1 would still kick my ar$e even with my Krytac from Hef

yes good gun helps, but so does knowing your own limits and your gun's limit too

(don't engage a sniper with a crap gun or try to take the whole team with a piggy - actually for some people that is their normal play style)

Some people may have a polarstar , and may be bad.. No problem with that.

add: there was a guy selling his gun for free on this forum earlier, so, there we have it.

JG G36C From Taiwangun says it all 65 quid but I wouldn't go cheaper than that. Solid gun for a beginner I used to have one and you can upgrade them easily to with the v3 gearbox.

• Moderators

Soo tempted to get this off gunfire >> http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1147380413-BI-3181AB-carbine-replica-with-grenade-launcher.html

Must resist urge!!!!

have you resisted, its been almost 24hrs now :)

• Supporters

Soo tempted to get this off gunfire >> http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1147380413-BI-3181AB-carbine-replica-with-grenade-launcher.html

Must resist urge!!!!

NO NO NO NO NO is my gut feeling....

The low joules, the screwed together 2 halves receiver indicates a plastic bespoke v2 box that will shred

ok it has peq box - silly launcher n wotnot but tbh - NO NO NO NO NO even for parts....

They had a spartac AK with plastic cover for 100 Euro reduced to 57 Euro last month which f*ck me I was tempted to get coz worth that in bits @ £45

but had to resist even at 57 Euro or £45 !!!!

100 Euro I would say

G36c (JG I think over a cyma)

AK - cyma 028 or 31 or something - avoid the spartac or cyma 5xx ak's as plastic cover

(well you could get it at a push if replacing with cover with ris/sights at some stage)

Cyma 515 - plastic receiver but good internals or something like that but receiver is a bit cheap for abusive skirmishing in long term

they are the cheapy guns I would say consider if you are a real tight budget

There are offers on G3 type guns - ergh uhmm about getting one with a v2 box in there but think it is not much different really to a G36c

Which unless you gotta have to have something different - think the 3 options above are perhaps the best cheapo options to consider

Shame coz I keep falling in & out of love with G3 SAS folding stock - nah G36 - nah G3 - nah G36.....

• Supporters

NO NO NO NO NO is my gut feeling....

The low joules, the screwed together 2 halves receiver indicates a plastic bespoke v2 box that will shred

ok it has peq box - silly launcher n wotnot but tbh - NO NO NO NO NO even for parts....

They had a spartac AK with plastic cover for 100 Euro reduced to 57 Euro last month which f*ck me I was tempted to get coz worth that in bits @ £45

but had to resist even at 57 Euro or £45 !!!!

100 Euro I would say

G36c (JG I think over a cyma)

AK - cyma 028 or 31 or something - avoid the spartac or cyma 5xx ak's as plastic cover

(well you could get it at a push if replacing with cover with ris/sights at some stage)

Cyma 515 - plastic receiver but good internals or something like that but receiver is a bit cheap for abusive skirmishing in long term

they are the cheapy guns I would say consider if you are a real tight budget

There are offers on G3 type guns - ergh uhmm about getting one with a v2 box in there but think it is not much different really to a G36c

Which unless you gotta have to have something different - think the 3 options above are perhaps the best cheapo options to consider

Shame coz I keep falling in & out of love with G3 SAS folding stock - nah G36 - nah G3 - nah G36.....

relax SD B) i bought this instead :-

54CE06E6-2053-43FE-9DB9-06E4178AF9DF_zps

WE L85

• Supporters

relax SD B) i bought this instead :-

54CE06E6-2053-43FE-9DB9-06E4178AF9DF_zps

WE L85

you do love them L85's don't ya - quality Blitish Gun made in China ???

Good on ya - like to see other guns rather than the M4 Fords of Airsoft

prefer to get my ar$e handed to me by something unique rather than that little 12yr old $hit with a JBBG that keeps owning me

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.