Beta Project Sterling 350 fps downgrade

Ryoushi

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Tom. FPS is always a tricky beast as it depends on the general gearbox compression. Does the Sterling use a V3 gearbox? What's it currently shooting at? Do you know what rating the spring is in currently?

As a starter a M100 or M110 should get you to around that mark. You can also cut off a coil off the existing spring although does deform the end slightly

• Supporters

Element m105 to shs m110 is my guess as it has 190/200mm barrel

(actually go with shs m110 but not guarder as they tend to be a bit hotter than their ratings)

current spring can be reduced

correct AoE loses aprox 10-15 fps

add bearing spring guide to add 15 fps

Short Stroke option if 3 metal teeth on piston (1 tooth loses aprox 15fps)

would be good to know what she is shooting atm - if just a smidge then AoE....

Thanks very much for the replies guys.

Yeah I should be more specific.

Gun clocked at 385 as bought. I've tried taking a small amount off the spring which took it to 375, but tbh not very happy with the job I did. It's tricky to pinch the spring back to give a flat turn at the end with the tools I have, hence I want to try just buying a new spring.

I don't know what the standard spring is (can post a pic of it helps).

I believe it is a v3 gbx

Springs are either regular (consistent coil spacing) or irregular (coil space varies).

There's often some debate on which design is better. The Duck will have some scientific data on this :-)

Then you've got material - generally the higher end springs (the ones I sell anyway) are made from Japanese steel coated with a black anti-rust / hardening compound. Again so many different manufacturers out there. Some clever chap did a really good spring comparison chart - I won't bore you with it though, if interested you'll find it :-) Hope that helps a little

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.