Good reliable BBs for ICS M4A1?

shauno2502
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest PT247

what fps do you run it at? what weight BBs do you currently use and why? What is the heaviest BB your hop unit will lift?

If running 350 fps on 0.2g BBs then I'd suggest 0.3g BBs if your hop will lift them consistently, if you are around 320fps on 0.2g BBs then 0.28g BBs if your gun can lift them, if 300 on 0.2g then 0.25, if less than 300 do some work on your gun.

Certainly something to be said for running similar ammo to your team mates at a milsim due to ammo limitations. From an accuracy point of view take the ammo that works best in your gun, try a lot of things up to 0.30g BB and find out what works well and consistently. There isn't anything special about a milsim other than perhaps you are unlikely to use all that much ammo so expensive isn't as big an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

To give you an idea of what I have found out about my guns.

My S&T Tar 21 pro seems to be most accurate and have the best range with G&G PBSP 0.28g BBs. The heavy weight is due to the R hop, the minimum weight it can use now without overhop is 0.28g. It used to like the Nuprol 0.30g BBs but then those got rubbish.

My ICS CXP Ape seems to only really work with 0.20g BBs due to its terrible magazines. I have been using ASGs in it and its not awful with those but I haven't got deep into testing all the possible 0.20g BBs as I mostly use heavier stuff.

Krytac SPR really likes the Bastards for some reason, lifts 0.28g BBs but 0.25g seem to be OK. Once I get it upgreaded to 420 fps and semi I suspect I'll dig deeper into its ammo.

KWA ATP pistol only feeds properly with 0.25g BBs and ASG work fine with it but bastards are slightly more accurate.

We F228 likes 0.28g BBs and haven't tried it with the G&G PBSP's but its pretty decent with the bastards.

Every gun likes something different, from feeding issues to accuracy to hope performance you have to find the heaviest that reasonably works and gives good accuracy. I have put a lot of rounds through that Tar 21 (like 20k) and the accuracy jump with the G&G ammo is just incredible, for whatever reason that ammo is miles better in that particular gun, 0.25g and 0.28g are just better. But I didn't see that in the G&G T4-18, that seemed to really like bastards and had poor accuracy with the G&G ammo.

Archived