what do you guys think of this for a new gun?

cxmb

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

plinking in garden - ok I guess

it is a springer so you won't kick ar$e competing against aeg's at 20+ rps

we say try to consider and save for a proper starter like G&G at about £120+

you would be better off getting a gas pistol or something....

Monty did a gun to get on what budget post - read that I strongly advise

Guest PT247

ok sorted I will read that I have around £150-£200 to spend on a gun I didn't want a two toned but looks like I'm going to have to aha

if you have this budget, why would you even consider a £60 toy?

Guest PT247

I have full kit of outfit clothes bb's etc but just the gun I need now been looking at m4's, G36c or something along those lines which would you reckon is best?

what do you like the look of most?

• Supporters

G&G or ICS - 2-tone/clear M4's both are highly recommended M4's

and easy to sell on when you get RIF

or even keep as a backup gun - when you compare one of them to a sub £100 gun from JBBG

you can clearly see the difference and understand what a proper aeg starts to look/feel/shoot like

ok they ain't Tokyo Marui's but a lot more like a decent gun that a £60 springer will ever be

• Supporters

been told I can only buy a two toned gun without a UKARA number and I hate the look of them

You got 2 choices:

Rent a gun for 3 games - that is gonna cost about £20 to £25 for the hiring alone x 3 visits

so that is £60 to £75 you ain't gonna see again....

And you may end up using the site's guns that have been used and abused more than some cheap whore....

OR

Buy ya own starter - yes 2-tone or Imitation Firearm ....

say £140-ish....

offset that against say £70 down the drain at least in renting

sell gun for £90 - as long as you got £70+ you are breaking even

new gun gotta be better than some old knackered g36 or ak

a bit harsh some hire guns are fairly good but most have certainly been used and abused to say the least and dropped loads of times etc....

yes you can rent tbh and get a decent RIF I guess

but the above example assumes you rent for bare minimum amount - if you go nutz then you can do say 5+ games in 3 months

and that is more rental money down the drain in my book....

up to you and others will maybe suggest different - but what I did and numerous others

2-tone = so what, I know plenty of crap players with RIF's - me being one of them :)

get out there with a gun - yours or a rental and get stuck in

been told I can only buy a two toned gun without a UKARA number and I hate the look of them

I guess you meant a proper airsoft gun. Honestly two tone is hardly a big deal, its the best way into airsoft, the resale market is a LOT higher as you can sell to non airsofters.

Two-tone airsoft guns are no less proper, this isn't WH40K, while i imagine a red gun probably will shoot faster, all the other colours will not make it shoot less effectively.

Guest PT247

spend the £60 the gun would cost on renting site owned guns until you have UKARA. Then you'll not need a crap useless toy and you'll not need a 2-toned AEG. You will be able to buy a decent skirmishable gun that will not ruin your day by breaking and will not be a bright colour. 2 months is not a long time to wait, you'll still have to wait that long if you buy a crap springer but you'll probs get bored of airsoft as the toy gun will break and be crap and useless

• Moderators

Late to party!! So as mentioned, rent and swap around, you'll probably like something different then come back ask a few more questions then go online and buy something else!! And why your at a game, chat to a few players about theirs 🙂

You can put camo tape over the two tone btw. Or any desired tape.

I guess you meant a proper airsoft gun. Honestly two tone is hardly a big deal, its the best way into airsoft, the resale market is a LOT higher as you can sell to non airsofters.

Two-tone airsoft guns are no less proper, this isn't WH40K, while i imagine a red gun probably will shoot faster, all the other colours will not make it shoot less effectively.

:lol: WH40k Ork referance , thumbs up for that .

Same places thath have shops on site allow you to buy RIF gun but they keep it in the shop and only give it to you for skirmish and once you do UKARA you can take it home

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.