Gearbox for an AK

Dianoliclion

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just buy a Cyma AK - even a cheapo cm5xx series

though tbh - get the better proper cheap starter models:

CM028

CM037

CM031

Reason why - you got add in motor cage to motor & gearbox plus other bits n bobs

go for a decent cheap cyma gun that offers excellent value for money

Cheapy 5xx & Spartac's are the ultra budget cheapo AK's that come with plastic cover that will just break quickly

get the "proper" cyma starters for a tiny bit more = money well spent

• Supporters

Gunfire.pl had this on offer at 57 Euro's that is £45

other deals on the "a little bit too cheap" AK's

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152203213-SRT-12-assault-rifle-replica.html

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-520-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19

but you are better off getting the other models from about 95 Euro's like I said

ukara needed - don't bother trying to order one without - they do check so you will be wasting your time and theirs....

buy a box for £50 but there is still a load of bits n bobs to put together a fully working gun

if you buy all the bits it will cost loads - sometimes it is easier to buy a complete gun

or busted gun if you know what you are doing and have a box of spare bits and time

yes you could buy that cyma box - but be very careful - actually try not think about putting it inside a JBBG pile of pooh

even the Krinkov 901c or the Black Viper AK12....

Yes it will go - but the 901c has slightly different hop unit to conventional AK hops

The Viper AK12 - yes we have done it for $hits n giggles but still a cheap easy to bust gun

Just trying to give you the full picture of costings and time required to put together a gun from scratch

don't want you getting 75% of the way through and getting the hump and try to sell it off for a lot less than you paid for it

The building malarky is not as easy as many/most/all of us tend to think - it can be a pain in ar$e at the best of times - trust me

• Supporters

but i can buy cyma gearboxes on amazon, with motors and everything for 50 pounds

If you're going down the "build it yourself" route then most people would take the opportunity to fit higher spec parts than a bog standard CYMA box and motor. If you're just going to get a CYMA one from Amazon and chuck it in then you may as well save yourself the hassle and buy a new CYMA.

• Supporters

repair the E&L box if its w@nked

normally the box that comes with gun fits the best or least hassle

when you start replacing or mix n matching bits n bobs then a lot more attention to detail is required

eg: fire selector plate or mechanism - well on AK's they can get a bit hit n miss to select 101% everytime

start popping in other bits and you may find that can get worse - may have to use the E&L selector plate on cyma box

or replace with cyma linkage for example if using a cyma box in a E&L AK

(might be ok but the AK linkage "can" be picky or a little hit n miss at best of times)

There are 2 nozzle lengths for AK's at least

The E&L box should be better as I think it uses 8 or 9mm bushings or bearings

Cyma - 7mm bushings

This doesn't really matter but what with E&L is at the higher or mid-range of AK's

so think I'd go with repairing the E&L box first tbh

• Supporters

Ok, but what would you say, buy the Cyma box and put it in an E&L Ak conversion kit, buy a cyma and upgrade, or buy a E&L full AK

Personally I bought a CYMA and lightly upgraded it (Angle of Engagement correction with sorbothane pad, SHS piston head/cylinder head, Gate PICO AAB mosfet).

Depends on your budget really. A whole E&L will most likely cost more and not be that much better than the higher end CYMAs (mine is the CM045, built like a tank, is nice). Unless you've been offered an E&L body cheap then a CYMA box won't really be much of an upgrade in itself, don't forget that you'll also have to budget for hop unit, barrel etc...

• Supporters

Have a look at the E&L ak's on Redwolf UK, they are on deal, 30%-49%off

Still a good £50 more than I paid for my CYMA, but as I say - it depends on YOUR budget. If that's what you want then go for it. Sod's Law dictates that the only one I'd want is the only one NOT on offer of course!

• Supporters

Which one did you want?

The AKS74U (which was the only one not on offer as I said).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.