Starting kit suggestions and opinions

Sico
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thank you sir, myself I purchase a Dye I4 to save the hassle as I've read good reviews about it. I was planning on using something like BrainExploder did with his GSG9 helm system using one of this and some ESS goggles. But I decided its to much work and there are areas that might go wrong as I lack proper tools at the moment. I'm planning on asking specwarfare if they gonna stock the belt I planned to buy so I can order everything at once to save on the transport, and following to their reply I`ll proceed with the order.

Second day since I placed the order on specwarefare and haven't received any feedback yet apart of the confirmation of payment. I did sent them an email, but maybe I`m to anxious. To make things worse I manage to get my package today from MilitaryOps with the German paratrooper boots grade 1, but I do have to send them back as the sole is cracked under the heel and when you walk, the heels tends to slide. All in all, fingers crossed for quick reply from both companies.

• 2 months later...

Hope nobody will get mad of me continuing to post on this topic. Having said so I've managed to obtain a UKARA number and straight away I've placed a pre-order for an Trident CRB MK2 at proairsoftsupplies (expecting it to arrive somewhere mid Sep.). In the meantime I'm getting really anxious day by day like a kid waiting for his Xmas present (girlfriend wasn't to pleased to find out though). So I've been looking into accessories for it but first of all I need to buy a battery and a charger.

The bloke at the shop recommended me this 7.4 2000 mAh battery and I was thinking at buying this charger (from what I've read here and on the internet it seems like a good charger). Now I would like to know your thoughts on those two items and also your point of view on using a 11.1v. I know it will increase the ROF but will it affect the gun in the long run ? (The shop will wire the gun to deans under warranty free of charge so I'll be running deans).

As for accessories so far I only have a pressure switch torch, that I've been using on the rented guns and I plan on using on the CRB as well as I found it to be really handy in certain situations. I know that there are foregrips that have build in space for pressure switch but I don't know how comfortable those are, anyone using one of those ? I find it comfortable holding the rented bun with from the handguard and I would activate the switch with my thumb, so most likely I'll be looking into an angle grip.

I'm also looking for some sort of a sling (1 point I guess), an optic/red-dot unit and a silencer/tracer-unit that will fit the CRB (I know they are two different things, but at this point I'm not sure as to what I'll be choosing) but I will comeback to this once I have did some in-depth research and have some items in mind.

Anther thing that at this point puts a lot of thought on my head are the mags, as I don't know which type to chose. Was thinking at running mid caps only and have spare one high cap mag. I don't like to play with high caps because of the rattle sound that high cap mags make. What mags do you run ? (a question for Krytac owners I guess)

I'm aware of the Krytac forum and at this point I'm digging through it in hope of finding useful info, but was thinking of making a post here as well in hope for some replies from you guys.

Thank you for your time reading my topic,

Regards,

Sico

UK mk1 Krytacs fire sub 350 fps which means the spring is too soft for 11.1v LiPos and will cause feed issues potentially. I have not suffered the issue myself but others have. I am not sure if the mk2 Krytacs will have resolved this issue but I'd stick with a 7.4v LiPo as they put less strain on everything anyhows

Thank you PT, I would be most likely purchase the one recommended but I'm curios as to how long will a 2000 mAh battery will last at mainly using semi. I'm asking as I don't know if I should get a spare one.

• Supporters

Thank you PT, I would be most likely purchase the one recommended but I'm curios as to how long will a 2000 mAh battery will last at mainly using semi. I'm asking as I don't know if I should get a spare one.

If you're running in semi then you should be fine for a day. I'd get a spare anyway, they're not expensive.

I run a 1450 11.1 in my Krytac which is locked to semi and it will almost last a full day although I tend to change it at lunch as LiPo batteries don't like being completely discharged. So yeah, get a spare.

gun, eye prot, lower face prot, hoodie, trousers you can get messed up, hiking shoes/trainers.

Thanks guys for your replies,

gun, eye prot, lower face prot, hoodie, trousers you can get messed up, hiking shoes/trainers.

I have all of the above, only missing the AEG.

Condor multicam black cap,

Emerson multicam black BDU,

Dye I4

Haix ranger GSG9 boots

Some black gloves who lasted flawlessly so far.

Emerson JPC vest with few pouches of course in multicam black

:))

You could make that much cheaper.

Any old hat.

Hoodie

Dye i4 (you wanna get the legit and highest quality eye prot you can)

Hiking boots

Gloves

I don't use a vest - because it's 59-60 odd quid extra to the gun.

Then again, it's your money buy what you want,

The stuff you've acquired is looking good, although as a starter I wouldn't have done that, because you may not enjoy airsoft.

I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy airsoft, been to 5 games so far. And after first game I knew I'll drop money into this so I purchased the items above now I'm waiting for the CRB to arrive.

I know I could have got the gear I need to play with half of the price spent, but who's going to look tacticool :))) (newbie)

I didn't know that.

If that's the case, and you enjoy it. Open your wallet and let loose on the cash.

Though, by next month, you'll find out having one gun is simply not enough, and you'll end up having 5 or so.

• Supporters

Ask PT247 for a bit more info on his battery - the dimensions is what I really mean

my Krytac didn't have the stock so I can't help on the max dimensions

suppose you could should Alizzard - pm on here or in Krytac forums.....

as to 11.1v or 7.4v - really will depend if you get a 20k or 30k motor in your gun

that will make a difference to response & rof if it fires ok or tries to double shoot sometimes on semi on a UK Krytac

US & guns using a higher spring could be fine on 11.1v but tbh this may change if you get a 30k motor & a m95/100 spring

Find out some more info on battery space - what others use blah blah blah

Order up from hobbyking UK a gen B6, see what batteries they might have

consider a couple of 7.4v's - they are so bloomin cheap and maybe an 11.1v as you probably will save a few bob

start off with a 7.4v & see what your rof is - if it is say 16/18 you can factor in a possible 24/27rps on 11.1v

if she starts to double fire quite very often on semi with 11.1v I'd ease up on 11.1v and maybe stick to 7.4v

30rps on a full stroke gun is going to double fire & run close to PE with a low spring in there I tend to feel

(go for it if you don't mind keep opening up box to replace pistons & stuff but I'd advise people to go easy on the risk factor)

As stated - this voltage thingy will depend on motor/spring plus some other stuff

crappy low end guns have poor motors in them so 11.1v may only get 20rps

but Krytac are built better and perform better

BUT that does not mean you should just go nutz out of box - especially with a high burst 35c 11.1v on a fast 30k motor

mid twenties is plenty is what we tend to say on here

I've broke sooooooooooo many by thinking I wondering if I.......

BANG - TIZZZZZ TIZZZZZ - ooh f*ck another one bites the dust :)

Ty sir for your time writing a reply to my question, really appreciate it. I'll be going and order two of the ones recommended by the bloke at the store. I'm guessing he knows whats he's saying. As for other bits and bobs still looking on amazon, ebay for crap on which eventually will throw some money, put them in a box and wait to be used.

I would like to know guys what mags (AR15 platform) and optics do you use (mostly addressed to Krytac owners but happy with all feedback) ? I looked at Magpul PTS Pmags but from what I've read they are discontinued. As for optics there are so many choices, had a look on firesupport section but got lost at one point. What optics do you use ? Any differences from the ones on ebay and the one branded on this airsoft websites ?

Thank you in advance for your time and my apologies if I offend someone with my request.

PTS EPMs and Hexmags get good reviews. I can attest to the EPMs being excellent.

I did saw on EPMs by PTS on Firesupport but wasn't sure about them, I'll have a look for some reviews. Thank you mate

• Supporters

Holosun optics are definitely the way ahead. You pay a bit extra (about twice what a 'decent' Chinese knock off costs) but you get 50,000 hours battery life, a sight that'll hold zero on real firearms, enough adjustment to actually zero it in the first place, a true 2-4 (depending on model) MOA dot with enough range on the brightness that it'll go dim enough to work with gen3 night vision and bright enough to be visible on a sunny day. On top of all that, they never need to be switched off or on as it'll switch on when you pick the gun up and switch off after being stationary for 4 hours!

They're so good I know 2 guys who have sold their real aimpoint T1 sights and replaced them with holosun HS403GL sights.

As for mags, PTS EPMs are expensive but get rave reviews from everyone that uses them.

Great recommendations guys, I'd definitely add those to my shopping list. Now it may be a newbie question, but do you need any protection for the lenses ? Will it be able to survive a bb hit ? I'm guessing yes but I want to hear your opinion.

As always thank you for your time answering.

Cheers

Yeah, better safe than sorry with lens protection. Guns modify do a T1 lens protector that fits perfectly.

Thank you for your info provided really appreciate it. I'll definitely look inyo getting one of those.

Archived