RIF laws and returns, PLEASE HELP...

stewieAS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I attempted to purchase a two tone G36c (in green) from eliteairsoft.co.uk on the 21st February2016. When it arrived it was a full black rifle and also does not work. (it came in the wrong box so I believe it is second hand, which was never stated)

I contacted the retailer yesterday Sunday 27th March 2016, asking for a refund. Today (28/03/16) they very bluntly said "return it and we will repair it".

Now here's my dilemma, they have illegally sold me a RIF and the item does not work... Unfortunately I did not use the rifle for approximately 5 weeks. so I am beyond the 30 day return policy.

What is my best move here?

I want my money back or to have a rifle that works... PLEASE HELP?!

• Supporters

So you bought a two tone airsoft weapon and they sent you a defective black RIF in the wrong box, which looked secondhand ?

and you took five weeks to contact them ?

Hmmm... :rolleyes:

I should of added more context to the 5 weeks, I was out of the country (always bad timing) which is why the rifle was only checked after 5 weeks.

I am thinking at this moment in time to just have it repaired and hope for the best.

I am thinking at this moment in time to just have it repaired and hope for the best.

Know your rights, don't settle for BS.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/return-faulty-goods/

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/claim-using-a-warranty-or-guarantee/

Don't forget charge back too.

As someone who's job is based on negotiating and understanding contracts, I can offer some basic facts and advice:

Firstly the retailer sadly has no requirement to offer a refund beyond the 30 days (as of the consumer act 2015)

They can however, offer a replacement or repair, the choice of which is the consumers. So you ARE well within your rights to request an exact replacement, if you didn't want a repair.

In addition to this, they have to action it in reasonable time, which is the standard 28 days or if you're clever you can ask other retailers to email you on how quick they would do it. If they say 5 days then that becomes reasonable time and if they can't complete it in that time, then you can request a refund,

I myself had this with a shield tablet recently, long story short, they had the item back for 3 weeks I spoke to Nvidia who confirmed they could of replaced it in 3 days. A stern email later and some other gentle persuations I got a full refund 90 days after the purchase.

Happy to offer some help over pm

Edited by Hef Legend

As someone who's job is based on negotiating and understanding contracts, I can offer some basic facts and advice:

Firstly the retailer sadly has no requirement to offer a refund beyond the 30 days (as of the consumer act 2015)

They can however, offer a replacement or refund, the choice of which is the consumers. So you ARE well within your rights to request an exact replacement, if you didn't want a repair.

Is this completely correct? Little confusing.

"repair it"?? Surely you just want the item you ordered? this is what you need to be telling them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.