Mos' TM VSR upgrade logs

Mos
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

No, the Brio mod- OH GOD WHY IS IT THE BIRO MOD AGAIN

...is just to add a bit more material where the nub would usually be and give you a little more pressure down on the hop rubber. It'd still work a little magic on an aftermarket bucking, but some do require special nubs and the like if you want to get everything from them. Please look this up on the Airsoft Sniper Forums. I'm never going to be able to explain all the possible combinations to you and nor have I tried even close to 10% of them myself.

Dangerwerx b and a hop arms are just flat and then 'pronged'/'forked' respectively. There's a lot out there on these, but basically the biro mod makes your current arm a type b. Without it it's a type a. You may want to look into TDC if you're super serious about getting that bucking just right. You may also want to look into R-hopping and extending the hop window. These are all things you should look at. R-hopping works for me, but there are numerous ways of getting good performance out of a sniper rifle and the chances are you'll get it wrong the first three times you field it anyway. It's all part of the fun.

I can see your pic of the regulator outside of the stock; you should really get a Flyye pouch though. I might sell you mine kinda cheap as I need one in a different colour. Never been skirmished :)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PT247

I do not get why you struggle to understand what the biro mod does.... it is not magic.... all it does is save you £20 by not needing to by a Dangerworx type B hop arm. Ok biro mod convo is now finished.

Next up, fit new bucking and to ensure airseal, wrap barrel grove with a couple of layers of PTFE tape, add bucking then add a couple of layers of PTFE ta around that and the barrel. Sorted. NEXT?

No, the Brio mod- OH GOD WHY IS IT THE BIRO MOD AGAIN

...is just to add a bit more material where the nub would usually be and give you a little more pressure down on the hop rubber. It'd still work a little magic on an aftermarket bucking, but some do require special nubs and the like if you want to get everything from them. Please look this up on the Airsoft Sniper Forums. I'm never going to be able to explain all the possible combinations to you and nor have I tried even close to 10% of them myself.

Dangerwerx b and a hop arms are just flat and then 'pronged'/'forked' respectively. There's a lot out there on these, but basically the biro mod makes your current arm a type b. Without it it's a type a. You may want to look into TDC if you're super serious about getting that bucking just right. You may also want to look into R-hopping and extending the hop window. These are all things you should look at. R-hopping works for me, but there are numerous ways of getting good performance out of a sniper rifle and the chances are you'll get it wrong the first three times you field it anyway. It's all part of the fun.

I can see your pic of the regulator outside of the stock; you should really get a Flyye pouch though. I might sell you mine kinda cheap as I need one in a different colour. Never been skirmished :)

Understood. I got you now. It's a cheap mod for turning your type a arm to type B *clinches hoping I didn't get it wrong*

I suppose buckings are cheap, and you just mix and match. I may be interested in a pouch. Even if I don't need it, i

L certainly help you out, and have it. For extra coolness.

Thanks

I do not get why you struggle to understand what the biro mod does.... it is not magic.... all it does is save you £20 by not needing to by a Dangerworx type B hop arm. Ok biro mod convo is now finished.

Next up, fit new bucking and to ensure airseal, wrap barrel grove with a couple of layers of PTFE tape, add bucking then add a couple of layers of PTFE ta around that and the barrel. Sorted. NEXT?

Next upgrade will be a bucking. I will post which one after I've had a ramble around the web.

Thanks

Guest PT247

to be fair, when I first got my VSR I was so scared of doing it wrong.... but actually the learning was the most fun and experimenting with homemade mods was very satisfying. Get stuck in dude, enjoy the build and finish with a VSR that shoots as straight as a laser! :D

http://www.evike.com/products/43059

&

https://airlab.parts/products/prometheus-purple-bucking

Heard good for both. Also heard that there is a nineball bucking, but it's practically extinct.

Prommy comes with nub, which is not needed hurhurhur

Although heard people saying that one of the buckings is no good until you flatten the nub. Think that was for a firefly one though.

Ops on any of these two. If they're as good eachother, would rather go for the prommy, as is English seller.

These would both work In my setups. From 400 FPS to 500 I think. Although the prommy is a soft, someone did say it would cope under 550 FPS

Funny thing is, people say the TM stock bucking is the best. well, and many people have said it. Baring in mind I have the TM bucking. I shouldn't see a point. In going for anything else

Guest PT247

Standard hop the Nineball is awesome. Mine tore when fiting the action army hop so now have the tm bucking fitted which was never shabby even at 300fps out the box.

Had a look on ASPUK, fairly knowledgable chaps, and they say the TM stock bucking should be kept and used. And they recommend that.

So maybe a new barrel, though I've probably caused enough trouble/rage/keyboard slamming for today.

BUT

Was thinking 6.05, as is more consistent at longer distances for accuracy

But with a 400 FPS limit at one of the sites, I'd lose FPS, and as FPS is low with snipers there, I think I'd lose too much making it lower than it actually is

Though, 6.05 bore would be SUPREME at tuddenham, as 500 FPS limit.

enough

Guest PT247

I have a Laylax 6.03 303mm barrel and a PDI 6.05 303mm barrel, both are ace, I fitted the PDI basically to drop fps as when I fitted the Action Army hop my fps went up so thought a wider barrel would drop it below 500 fps but it didn't drop it far enough so ended up chopping the spring a little. Both are quality barrels.

Yes. Mhm, it's quite hard as the two skirmish sites have massive differences in FPS limits. And ideally, I'd buy two barrels, but hell, I'm not doing that lol.

Because, for tudders, I'd want a 6.05 yet ravens I probably do not want 6.05 as as will drop my FPS even more, not that it's being dropped, but the limit is 400 at ravens, and don't want to go down more.

could always buy a WBB for the lower limit site

WBB meaning wide bore barrel?

Surely I'll lose even more FPS

methinks

I'll go for a 6.03 so I won't lose as much FPS. And pick a high quality brand.

Word is, brand is more meaningful.

Hadn't done my research. It is said that the WBB give more accuracy and range as performance from the BB isn't lost with friction from the walls of the inner barrel.

So in Tbb the bb can get friction with the walls of the inner barrel. Reducing accuracy and range.

Though WBB being wider means no friction. And apparently results have been such as under 1 joule people have been getting 65 metres with decent accuracy

Guest PT247

set ya gun up for 500fps with a Laylax 6.03mm barrel, then get a 6.2+ mm WBB to drop the fps when needing lower. Although..... you have an SDIK kit fitted so surely you can just drop the psi to a lower level?

set ya gun up for 500fps with a Laylax 6.03mm barrel, then get a 6.2+ mm WBB to drop the fps when needing lower. Although..... you have an SDIK kit fitted so surely you can just drop the psi to a lower level?

Yes, I can just change the PSI to whatever I desire.

But again, that is two barrels.

I'll probably go with a 6.03, as in my eyes that seems to be the majority, not 6.03 but, my opinion and most people going for TBB THAN WBB, then maybe go for a WBB when have some more cash.

Guest PT247

Personally I would rather have a 6.05mm PDI than any other barrel. Especially if I was running a reg so could adjust fps with a screw.

The TM stock inner barrel is regarded as "total crap" amongst many men.

Whats the length of the outer barrel, of the TM vsr pro? I think it's 430 mm

So I'll need a barrel under 430mm to fit my gun

Unless I am going to use a silencer, although a lot of people say longer the barrel means not much. Attleast in airsoft.

PDI have a 6.05 430mm, so there.

• Supporters

The TM stock inner barrel is regarded as "total crap" amongst many men.

Steer away from those people. Even a TM MK23 with its short aluminium barrel outranges most of the aegs.

But good precision barrels are indeed better. Like edgi, the expensive PDI, etc.

430mm barrel is ideal for 0.40g BBs. Since you use mancraft kit, you could use longer barrel, and that would mean serious joule creep exploit. So don't.

• Root Admin

You are not going to be switching barrels between games. That's an insane amount of work - there's no benefit at all except potentially squeezing a couple more shots out of a tighter bore. One would have absolutely no idea of how much each barrel is going to affect your muzzle energy by; just adjust your regulator output pressure. That's kind of the idea after all. Stop worrying about muzzle energy - the SDiK handles that and that's part of the reason why you bought it!

Plus that's then £140 in barrels alone, which is absolutely bonkers.

Get a single EdGI or PDI in the right length and around 6.03 to 6.05 as above. Your TM barrel isn't crap though - get it polished if you need to if a new barrel isn't in the budget yet. Rotary tool, Brasso and pipe cleaners.

I really hate to say this again but god damn these are seriously basic questions that have been covered on a hundred different forums. Have you read the Airsoft Sniper Forums? There's such a wealth of knowledge there regarding barrels, bore diameters and even the SDiK. If you let us spoonfeed you then sure you might get an alright rifle out of it, but you won't really know what goes into a good build and if somethings wrong you're going to be relying on probably the people in the safe zone to fix it for you.

You are not going to be switching barrels between games. That's an insane amount of work - there's no benefit at all except potentially squeezing a couple more shots out of a tighter bore. One would have absolutely no idea of how much each barrel is going to affect your muzzle energy by; just adjust your regulator output pressure. That's kind of the idea after all. Stop worrying about muzzle energy - the SDiK handles that and that's part of the reason why you bought it!

Plus that's then £140 in barrels alone, which is absolutely bonkers.

Get a single EdGI or PDI in the right length and around 6.03 to 6.05 as above. Your TM barrel isn't crap though - get it polished if you need to if a new barrel isn't in the budget yet. Rotary tool, Brasso and pipe cleaners.

I really hate to say this again but god damn these are seriously basic questions that have been covered on a hundred different forums. Have you read the Airsoft Sniper Forums? There's such a wealth of knowledge there regarding barrels, bore diameters and even the SDiK. If you let us spoonfeed you then sure you might get an alright rifle out of it, but you won't really know what goes into a good build and if somethings wrong you're going to be relying on probably the people in the safe zone to fix it for you.

I never wanted to get two Barrels, just thought, well eh. Cost too much. And lots of hassle.

So EdGI or PDI. I have a feeling EdGI are cheaper. Might be wrong. Probably will keep the TM barrel for not game, them after that. I'll get a 6.05 430mm barrel

From now on, I shall not ask any questions (bet you guys are thinking 'ha what a load of rubbish' but we will see :) lol)

Thanks

Guest PT247

it isn't a case of not asking questions, but more a case that it comes across like you have not heard of google on a couple of bits. We are all more than happy to help if we know the answers but you gotta help yourself too mate! :-)

Ok, here's a question

The sniper needs a name,

What about 'Sam' short for... 'Samantha' LOL

serioussss, what about, Johnny McJohnFace - anyone seen that on the boat haha?

John - seems a fair name

Hogan - we could have some triumphant American music in the background.

well, a poll?

no

bet you gave your sniper a name.

was it Lucy?

Lucky Lucy

lol

Archived