Mos' TM VSR upgrade logs

Mos
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest PT247

I have the AA one and it is amazing, totally removed the hook I was getting on the modded TM hop unit. Depending on your barrel type will affect your choice of bucking.... if you have a bridged barrel then don't bother with the transformer or decepticon buckings as they wont work. I am currently using my TM bucking I believe as the 9Ball tore when I was trying to fit it in the AA hop chamber.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's non bridged is for vsr style buckings

Bridged is for AEG buckings

- I think

But normally what I think, isn't what is true.

Ah okay.

So I'll probably get this AA hop unit, as I'd probably get it in the later stages anyway...

I have a feeling that the nub isn't stuck on the arm. I think the nub goes in this little slot, and the arm pushes on it. This might only be for the airsoftpro one though.

• Root Admin

You remember when every single thread about upgrading BASRs said you need to spend a lot of money on upgrades? Remember when we said even though you don't need the new trigger mech, cylinder, piston, guide rod or spring that you do still need to work on the barrel and hop? :D

The nub isn't stuck on, but you can glue it if you like of course.

No offence to Mos, but by getting so much wrong (in prose even if not in fact) and offering others' the opportunity* to provide corrections this thread is garnering quite a lot of useful information, I've no doubt that info is already in airsoftsniperforums, but we're not that forum.

*Bruce Almighty was a great movie.

No offence to Mos

That's fine.

I'm used to it aha.

Suppose I could've used some sources.

But attleast I don't go off on one calling you all by the cuss words... A lot of kids at the same age as me (young teen finding out the difference between the adulthood and how people like it) would go off on one using his wide vocab of f's and s'

Not using that as an excuse, just I felt like saying it - infact, normally I start talking something completely off topic

BACK TO THE TOPIC of me being a lazy twat:

Oh and that brexit status thing was just me stating how I don't know many of the differences of both sides of the equation. Not asking for all the differences.

I think people now get a false sense of replies on here, that anything I ask I want a full depthy description of how a biro is done, or the two different hop arm types, just as some old examples.

I am a changed person! actually nah, still stupid.. But thank you for persisting with my acts

I'll change - I promise.

Guest PT247

This thread does have quite a lot of good info in it now for those wanting help.... So don't change too much lol 😁

• 4 months later...

it's back !!!!111!1

Didn't really play any airsoft until a week ago. But first game day with the VSR Rifle was pretty sweet, we didn't have the greatest expectations, but it was probably ranging 60 metres accurately (I will have to confirm this, but more or less that was it)

So that's sick, but I have heard a lot of Sniper Rifles hitting 80-85 metres accurately. I'm looking to atleast hit 70-75m accurately.

TM VSR10:

Mancraft kit

Using 0.4g BBs

Biro mod (nub) installed

So to get this extra range and accuracy I figured a new (and proper) nub and a bucking to go with it too.

So I had a small look around, and thought, a H nub seemed popular amongst a fair few, though I wasn't sure which bucking would go with.

Also heard a firefly bucking was good, but you'd have to shave off the prong design bit off the hop arm, as it messes with the internal V shaped nub of the bucking. Also heard the purple prommy bucking had success.

But tbh, I'm not really sure on which nub and bucking pairing to get. I don't really want to R Hop/Flat hop either.. Still got the TM VAR stock hop unit btw.

So if anyone would like to recommend anything they've used, or had success with that'd be great. In need of some help atm.

Thanks

keep the standard TM bucking and buy an Action Army hop up chamber.

Oh, okay.

I forgot to mention the TM Bucking is supposedly quite good.

What's the hop arm type on the AA Hop Chamber? Is it one of those hop arms that does not have the prong design?

Thanks PT

the AA hop unit is awesome, you don'#t need to mod it, you just fit it. It'll stop the BBs hooking too which can happen on the standard hop unit as it acts like a TDC hop

the AA hop unit is awesome, you don'#t need to mod it, you just fit it. It'll stop the BBs hooking too which can happen on the standard hop unit as it acts like a TDC hop

Sweet, I was going to strive for this bit of kit a while ago. But all I knew was that it was 'good'.

I was noticing a slight hook at far distances. So this will be the next thing I order.

Order list:

AA Hop Unit - in order for no hook. Better range and accuracy

Thanks PT

• Supporters

AA hop unit but with maple leaf bucking is my 2p. The Marui bucking is great but with lower fps/BB weights. The maple leaf autobot has the hardness and long contact patch for that. If your barrel is bridged, that must be removed though and a concave nub must be used with it for perfection.

AA hop unit but with maple leaf bucking is my 2p. The Marui bucking is great but with lower fps/BB weights. The maple leaf autobot has the hardness and long contact patch for that. If your barrel is bridged, that must be removed though and a concave nub must be used with it for perfection.

Ah, okay, nice.

AA unit + maple leaf hard degree bucking - and I have the stock TM VSR10 barrel, so that will be non-bridged. I think.

So if I read your comment correctly, a concave nub is only necessary if you had a bridged barrel?

Otherwise it will just be a AA Unit and Maple Leaf bucking

Thanks Samurai

A concave nub is needed for Maple Leaf Buckings in general

oh

RIP biro mod ;(

if you're feeling adventurous, you could always try the Sugru mod

Isn't that like a substitute for the r hop mod?

Maybe, but probably not. Just looking to get the simple stuff down. Although looks quite fun.

It uses something which is like play dough?

Ah, okay, nice.

AA unit + maple leaf hard degree bucking - and I have the stock TM VSR10 barrel, so that will be non-bridged. I think.

So if I read your comment correctly, a concave nub is only necessary if you had a bridged barrel?

Otherwise it will just be a AA Unit and Maple Leaf bucking

Thanks Samurai

The TM VSR barrel IS bridged, and I'm very sure you have been told this many times before.

oh

RIP biro mod ;(

When you change hop units you don't need the biro mod as you are not using the TM arm.

I am bewildered that you STILL have not managed to look at your inner barrel even though you have done the biro mod! You have been talking about upgrading this gun in numerous threads over many months now. Stop talking about upgrading it and actually bloody upgrade it already. We have all spoon fed you info over and over, you have spent a wedge of money on an SDIK kit and gone HPA but have no clue about the internals of your gun, are you even safe to have a bottle of air pressurised to 3500psi? HPA is potentially a bomb in the wrong hands and I am very worried that you are going to hurt yourself or someone around you through lack of knowledge or ability to understand even very simple things. Please be careful.

The TM VSR barrel IS bridged, and I'm very sure you have been told this many times before.

When you change hop units you don't need the biro mod as you are not using the TM arm.

I am bewildered that you STILL have not managed to look at your inner barrel even though you have done the biro mod! You have been talking about upgrading this gun in numerous threads over many months now. Stop talking about upgrading it and actually bloody upgrade it already. We have all spoon fed you info over and over, you have spent a wedge of money on an SDIK kit and gone HPA but have no clue about the internals of your gun, are you even safe to have a bottle of air pressurised to 3500psi? HPA is potentially a bomb in the wrong hands and I am very worried that you are going to hurt yourself or someone around you through lack of knowledge or ability to understand even very simple things. Please be careful.

Ok, so the TM barrel is bridged.

And all that means is that the window on the barrel is sort of cut off, and not open.

I have been talking about upgrading it for a while, but I can't, as I'm 14 and I don't have the type of parents that will just buy me stuff - a good thing, money doesn't grow on trees, and I don't want to be brought up like that.

I can't just attain money, it's a slow process. Also, I'm using CO2, not HPA through the sole reason that it is a potential bomb + its heavy, I have nowhere to store.

I was reading that VSR barrels were non bridged, yes I should know anyway. But I don't have too much free time..

Archived