Storing your AEG

AJPaget

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

what you are supposed to do is basic common sense as in entering safe zone.....

mag out - fire gun two or three times on semi to clear any bb's

job done - unless your gun is firing extremely fast that is it

magazine is also important - release the tiny catch - hopefully into the bag of bb's

(unless you love seeing bb's flying around on the floor)

empty the remainder of mag is optional but makes good wise sense...

reason for this - if you leave magazine loaded up and fully wound up....

the spring inside hi-cap or mid-cap magazine will lose its tension and you will notice mag feeds $hit

so park gun & empty magazine(s) when ya done

tucking gun up with a blanket is optional but only if you still love your gun still

Deffo on safe.

WRT to spring, bit of a noob ( so not sure about others) but my ICS has a neat spring release button, apparently relieves the tension.

I store all my airsoft gear in the same place, except batteries which are on a different floor, being in safe wont stop the springs discharging if something were to break. I do try to make sure the nozzles are forward.

I do set the mechanical safety in my GBB TM G17 though just incase someone were to pick it up while i am out and not realise it's more than a 'prop'.

• Supporters

You should store things 'as inert as possible'
IE:
Battery out

mags out

safety on

any electrical switches off

Mags empty (although I don't personally do this for time-saving reasons. also, the spring tension thing is a theoretical loss of tension, not anything you would actually notice. It is compressive cycles that ruin a spring.)

Guest PT247

Mags empty (although I don't personally do this for time-saving reasons. also, the spring tension thing is a theoretical loss of tension, not anything you would actually notice. It is compressive cycles that ruin a spring.)

Tell that to my Magpul midcaps left charged for a fortnight.... now utterly useless!

• Moderators

as mentioned, all out, safety on, in bag, hidden from children, batteries higher up but they wouldn't dare! :)

mags I just empty and pack away back in box, have a wife who complains!

have ICS mid and low caps.......would they be ok to leave bb's in?, like mentioned ive heard its best not to?

I always store mine with the mag removed, safety on and the battery disconnected, in a gun bag, at work.

Magazine spring tension should be released by emptying mid or low caps or else you'll end up with mags that like to keep the last few BBs for themselves. I always released the tension on my hi caps too as if you leave them wound up in storage for a while they can get jammed (don't ask me how).

I always store my pistol with the mags empty of BBs but full of gas. The pistol is stored mag out, chamber empty, trigger pulled.

My shell ejecting shotgun is stored as per my real 12 bore : magazine and chamber empty, action open, safety on.

Always make them as safe and inert as possible, because the first thing people seem to do when they see a gun like object is to pick it up and pull the trigger (the mind boggles).

My real rifles are stored in one safe and the ammo and bolts in a different one, but I think that's probably a bit over the top for Airsoft kit ;p

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.